~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, I hope you continue to improve! Struggling to breathe is terrible. Thinking of you!

Rava, glad your toilet project was a success! Plumbing is the worse for delays, imo.

ABC, do you have a lot of winter jobs lined up or are you going to enjoy some down time?

Techie, you're a good man for trying to revive the army thread. I hope those folks return.

Dill, do you have health concerns with the vaccines? If so, I'd love to hear about that.

Headed out of town for the weekend after hubby's appointment. That is, if he still feels up to it. It's a trip he planned so I'll let him decide. If it were me, I'd cancel. I'll take another!

Comment

Late afternoon check in Cafe friends. Chris may be my new norm. Mornings are just crammed. Another 24 please. Blessings x

IMG_4270.jpeg
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you, Ginger. It is sad really. The Army thread was “the place” at one time. Maybe?
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Just waking up to grandkids that are already up. Lol. Glad I’m not waking up hungover! Wishing everyone a great and sober day!

Comment

I've decided no more big jobs for me [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I'll continue doing smaller jobs and some service work, but no more renovations or new construction. Winters are getting colder it seems and I'm perfectly happy to leave my truck sit and stay home lol.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll join you for another 24, Jude.

It is too bad about the army thread. It was a unique place. I would imagine they have established a place for themselves elsewhere. I miss their presence.

Ginger, Mr. D has had some health issues that we feel were side effects to the vaccine. It was never stated directly that that was the case, but his hematologist did indicate that there had been blood related issues that became common after the vaccine was widely distributed. Clotting issues are what Mr. D dealt with and it was pretty scary as one made it's way into his lung and he was hospitalized for a night or two. I am not averse to vaccines in general and I have had all the usual ones like measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc. But these seasonal shots I generally decline because I am blessed with a strong immune system and don't think the risk is worth it for me. I have also read many reports that the risks of the covid vaccine in particular were not adequately reported although they were known by the drug companies. So, not for me. I will continue to get the flu vaccine because I have never had any adverse reactions to it and it's required for hospital staff and volunteers. But that is where I will draw the line.

On a separate subject, I have finally given up on training Lily to accept and stop chasing Pumpkin (the cat). It is to ingrained in her nature. They are going to have to have a separate peace with safe spaces established for Pumpkin.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I have not been to bed. Mrs Techie is under pressure from her publisher and she had computer problems last evening. I was finally able to sort out the issues. Lots of coffee still coursing through my veins. So a nap later and then early to bed tonight. So, with Visine at the ready, I will take another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_4330.jpg

Comment

Sorry, Techie. I'm the on-call tech support for my entire family and it definitely can be tiring. Glad you got it sorted!

ABC, I'm happy you are beginning to slow down. Enjoy your less busy winter!

Dill, thanks for explaining. I'm definitely thinking about skipping future covid vaccines.

Hubby's injection was easy peas! Now to find a doc to do them while we are down south. I'll work on that next week. He needs them every 5 wks for who know how long.

Visiting with family. I'll take another day!

Comment

Ginger, glad that hubby's eye injection went well. Sometimes the fear of the unknown is actually worse than the actual event.

I'm with you dill on not getting the covid vaccine. It just seems to me that the research on the vaccine was hurried along due to pressure from the government. I know several people that have had long lasting effects from the covid vaccine, so no shots for me this year.

Techie, glad that you were able to sort out your wife's computer issues and get her back on track.

Good for you cowboy on ditching the big jobs. It will give you more time to spend with Bubba!

24 more please...

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time to get some breakfast out

Comment

Good morning cafe. Techie you are gonna have a long day….. hope you get to bed early tonight. Took 2 grands home yesterday and taking 2 others to see the paw patrol movie today. It’s rainy and yucky so a good day for the movies. Hope everyone has a great Sunday! 24 more please!

Comment

Glad hubby's treatment went okay [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hopefully it won't be too hard to find a Dr. who'll continue then when you're down south.

Not much planned for today, a bit of paperwork to get caught up on then maybe a bit of reading. Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday...

Comment

Working...
                                X