~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I've signed up for a victory walk to help raise funds for breast cancer patients. That takes place this afternoon and my granddaughter is going with me. The weather is supposed to be cool and partly cloudy, so good conditions for a walk! Looking forward to it!

Ginger, I'm glad the treatment went well for Mr. G.

Rava, have fun at the movies with the grands!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Had a lovely dinner last night with hubby's sibs. Food was amazing and conversation was interesting.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I'll take another!

Comment

Been a while, now the new NHL season is occupying me (games happen to be the same time as my usual time on here: the witching hour so to speak). Hope everyone is well (or at least as well as can be, with covid going around and other various health issues). I had a very intense long epic (bad) dream last night, where I literally went through all the stages of drinking: started with a just a couple beers here and there (and was surprised not to get withdrawal symptoms), but then drank a lot a few nights, started having symptoms, and ended up drinking every night again (but somehow was able to justify it because I was at least drinking less than I used to), and ended with a very bad feeling of "fuck I can't believe I'm here again"... just before I woke up (hugely relieved to realize it was just a nightmare). I guess my subconscious is still very much on guard and I guess that's a good thing. Anyways, felt like a good time for a check in!

Comment

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Care! Mul so glad that was a dream and we all know how quickly that could become a reality! Ugh. Dill I hope the walk went well! Ginger, sounds like a nice day with family. Today we are getting a new mattress delivered. I know it sounds trivial but can’t wait to get into it. Lol. Nothing like a good mattress to make your life a bit better! This little place has a decent mattress but I need a better one like we have down south. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please. Ps the movie Paw Patrol for kids was pretty good! Lol

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Those drinking dreams can feel so real [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], good thing we just have to wake up from them. The Oilers didn't fair so well in their opening 2 games against the Canucks, hopefully they'll get things on track soon.

A comfortable mattress make all the difference in a good or bad night's sleep [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I think it's one of the reasons that I don't sleep very well in the camper.

Hope the walk was a success yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad it was just a nightmare, Mul! I can't imagine having such a clear and realistic dream. My dreams don't seem to hang together thant well.

Rava, a mattress really matters! And thanks for the feedback on the Paw Patrol movie. I haven't got a young one to see it with tho, sad to say.

Ginger, I'm glad you got to enjoy time with Mr. G's family. I miss being able to ve with my own family. I took them for granted I'm afraid. I have only one sibling left to check in with.

The walk yesterday was really great. It felt good to be a part of an effort to raise funds for cancer patients. My granddaughter felt the same way. She thanked me for taking her with me and she helped out with takiing down various tables at the end of the day.

Cowboy, will you be getting together to make the sausage soon?

Taking my gf to an appointment today.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mul, that was sure a vivid dream. Terrifying! Glad it was just a nightmare.

A lot of last minute stuff from here on out. I have one last sister trip. Leave Wednesday, return next Tuesday. Looking forward to a glass fusing class I scheduled for us. Should be fun and something new for all of us!

Waves to all my Cafe pals! I'll take another.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. I must say, I never had a drinking dream. I think it’s because alcohol was never the issue for me. It was opiate pills that I combined with drink after the stress of 9/11. My mind plays that reel too often but the PTSD has been regulated through therapy and EFT. I am now a certified EFT practitioner. So, another 24 for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

P.S. I just finished reading Mrs Techie’s manuscript. I believe this remarkable woman has another best seller ahead. I love her!

Glad you check in Mul.

IMG_4481.jpg
                      Last edited by techie; October 16, 2023, 02:19 PM.
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        The Oilers didn't fair so well in their opening 2 games against the Canucks, hopefully they'll get things on track soon
                        Yes, quite the surprise in those games (the first especially). I'm a staunch Colorado Avalanche fan (long story going back to days of the Nordiques), but do have a mild allegance to the Oilers and am an Anit-nucks fan (haha) so I feel the pain of that start.

Comment

Not much happening here, still recovering from whatever bug I have. Seems like it's taking forever!

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

4:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Geez, that seems to be taking quite a while [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], do you have a follow-up visit with the Dr. scheduled?

Have a great time with your sisters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I know you love the time you spend with them.

I think the sausage making will be the early part of December [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we still haven't finished the moose sausage that we made lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, so happy for your wife. I wonder if I have read any of her books? I love reading. Ginger, hope you have a great trip. Jude please get well soon!! The mattress was amazing. My back is not aching this morning. It’s worth the investment no doubt about it!! I went to my granddaughters sporting event last night to show my support, it was freeing cold and went into double overtime. Holy hell!! I was not expecting that. Glad it was the last game of the season. Hope everyone has a great day! 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X