~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

This time of year it can be a real crap shoot with the weather. I commend you for sticking it out in those cold temps, Rava. Especially since you are more accustomed to FLA weather!

Ginger that class sounds like fun!

Jude, the friend I work with has been dealing with an upper respiratory bug for a near a month now! She is getting better, but it's slow progress.

Techie, I can't imagine what that must've been like for you. It's so good that you sought treatment and did not let that event defeat you.

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; October 17, 2023, 07:16 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning all! Busy day here. I'll take another.

Comment

I'm feeling much better, but not 100%. I guess that I'll just have to be patient and wait it out. Back to work today.

I'm in for another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

4:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Busy day and another night time sporting event. Brrr!! 24 more please!

Comment

Jude, glad you are doing better. Back to work? Did I miss something?

Ready for some mountain/sister time! If I miss check in the next few days, know I'm here in spirit. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I will be out of pocket for a few day heading over to Palo Alto for Stanford reunion. Football game Saturday night vs. UCLA. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_4534.jpeg
                Last edited by techie; October 18, 2023, 12:06 PM.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                  This time of year it can be a real crap shoot with the weather. I commend you for sticking it out in those cold temps, Rava. Especially since you are more accustomed to FLA weather!

Ginger that class sounds like fun!

Jude, the friend I work with has been dealing with an upper respiratory bug for a near a month now! She is getting better, but it's slow progress.

Techie, I can't imagine what that must've been like for you. It's so good that you sought treatment and did not let that event defeat you.

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  I have worked through most of the pain and anxiety. Like any trauma it takes time. Hope you are fully on the mend Jude. Thanks x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Feeling better everyday... thanks everyone for all of your concern.

Ginger, I did go back to work a couple of days a week to help pay the bills. I went back to my last job working with people that have Alzheimer's and dementia. It can be emotionally difficult, but I have a fantastic boss, and I love the work.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

I didn't know you were back to work part time, Jude. Glad it is working out well for you and that you enjoy the work. Hope that cough goes away soon and you are back to tip top!

I had no time to post yesterday as it was Mr. D's shoulder surgery and we had to be there at zero dark thirty! It all went well but should surgery is rough and the pain blocker didn't take as well as they had expected, so Mr. D was dealing with extra post op pain. The repair itself went very well. I've been busy taking care of him. On top of that my son had a bout of pancreatitis and ended up in the hospital. That left us in charge of getting the grandkids to and from school and taking care of them in his absence. Bad timing, but we're getting thru it. I hope to be picking up my son from hospital today.

24 more hours of freedom for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully you dressed warm last night [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and enjoyed watching the gkids.

Enjoy your visit with your sisters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

Good to hear you're feeling better [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], not too bad working a couple days a week, keeps you busy and the extra money comes in handy.

Sounds like you've got your hands full [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Hope both your son and Mr D get back to normal as quick as can be.

I finished up that farm shop yesterday, now comes the best part of the job, doing up the invoice lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, you certainly have a lot on your plate. You will get thru it all like a champ!! Hope Mr. D’s pain becomes more manageable today! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Dill, thinking of you and yours!

Jude, I'm glad you enjoy the work. People like you are so needed in that health care field.

Rava, hope you were able to stay warm and enjoy the sporting event. What a treat to be able to see the g-babies play!

Techie, enjoy the reunion!

ABC, you are right, involving is the best part.

Lovely home here on the lake surrounded by evergreens. The smells are fabulous! I'll take another!

Comment

Geez dill, it sounds as though you had a hell of a crazy day! Hope that your son is feeling better, and that Mr. D's shoulder pain eases up. Did he have rotator cuff surgery? I had one done a few years ago, and it was painful for quite awhile. So glad that I did it though as the shoulder is now good as new.

I'm in for another 24 hours!

Comment

Working...
                                X