No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:53am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Lots of events planned for today as our kids are camping nearby. Unfortunately it’s supposed to rain. Fingers crossed that it holds off until night time. 24 more please!!

Comment

Whew! Things are finally settling down around here. Mr. D is feeling better. The pain is much more manageable now. Thanks for the input on you experience with your surgery, Jude. That was very helpful. Mr. D's surgery was indeed to repair a tear in his right rotator cuff. We burn a lot of wood in the winter and Mr. D works year round cutting firewood and storing it up. in the lower part of our barn. He got the injury while cutting and pitching logs.
        My son is back home and feeling much better. He will be having a follow up with his GP soon to sort things out.

Thank you all for your concern and well-wishes. You are all the cream of the crop!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad things are settling down for you guys, Dill. Continued thoughts coming your way.

We had a great day yesterday! Hoping to get in a fall hike today. I'll take another.

Comment

Not much happening here at the moment. Our cupboards are looking a little bare at the moment, so I guess that a trip to the grocery store is in order. Ugghh....

24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Trips to the grocery are quite painful these days, Jude. I was there yesterday and bought less than enough to cover the bottom of the cart and the total came to $71. We bought no meat or seafood. I don't know how families are making ends meet these days.

Mr. D is coming along as is my son, thankfully. Not much else to report here. I hope everyone has a super day.

24 more hours of freedom for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; October 21, 2023, 05:34 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully the rain stayed away and you got in an enjoyable day with your kids [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

Good to hear that both are improving [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], they'll be back to normal in no time I bet.

It's not hard to tell that the 4 of you are sisters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and y'all look so happy to be together.

Grocery shopping seems to be getting more and more expensive [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Bubba does most of the shopping but $100 just barely fills one shopping bag anymore, and that's even just buying the necessities that are on sale.

Our weather is turning to winter conditions this coming week with overnight lows getting down to -13C (9F) by mid-week. Will be spending some time outside today getting everything put away for the winter.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Glad Mr. D is feeling better. Ginger, hope you get that hike in. Grocery shopping is painful these days. I feel lucky in the sense that I can repurpose anything and cook it a different way the next day. When I was first married we could barely afford to eat so I got creative. I can make a meatloaf one night, spaghetti the next and tacos the third night all with the same ground beef. Lol. Going back to the campground today for another fun day with the grands. Wishing everyone a great and sober day!

Comment

Rava, the rain must have missed you yesterday. Great! Enjoy your day.

ABC, the older we get the more we look alike! Sure do love my sister time.

Jude, you must be feeling better? My sil is down with covid and it's really kicking her butt. She started paxlovid yesterday. Hoping she's better today.

Treat every day like it's your last. You just never know!

Comment

Quick fly by. Reunion is awesome. Stanford vs. UCLA @ 7:30 PM. Blessings x

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg
                        Last edited by techie; October 21, 2023, 12:23 PM.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

IMG_4748.jpg
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

It is very painful to go grocery shopping these days. Yesterday it cost close to $500.00! Yikes! Hopefully we won't have to buy anymore food for quite awhile.

Dill, glad that your hubby and son are doing better.

Techie, it sounds as though you had a wonderful time at the reunion; you look great by the way!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

It's breakfast time!

Comment

Working...
                                X