~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I was not able to get in the site since Friday. Another 24 please. Good to see you, Mull. Blessings x

IMG_5854.jpg
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I wasn't able to log on Saturday or Sunday. Not sure what's going on with that.

Appointment with the ortho doc went well, but he said that it's too early for a walking boot, so now I'm sporting a lovely purple cast. I have to see the doc in 3 weeks and hopefully I can get a boot then.

Glad that your pup is doing better techie!

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning. I was not able to get on all weekend. So glad the site is working. Jude. Purple cast for 3 weeks!! Hope you are able to rest up and heal until that boot comes! Techie, glad your doggie is better. Hi Mul! I wanted to get on her so bad this weekend. I went to an open bar wedding on Saturday and so happy to report I didn’t drink. Lots of people did but Mr, r and I danced and I stayed away from the booze. Today we fly home to Florida. I’m looking forward to warmer weather but kind of sad to leave my tiny home! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. So glad this site is working!! 24 more please.

Comment

Well Jude, I'm sorry you didn't get a walking cast. Hopefully the 3 weeks will pass quickly. Are you able to continue working in any capacity?

Glad your pup is better, Techie.

Hi Mulburry, glad you popped in. I think the seasonal change and heading into shorter daylight have a big impact on me as far as cravings go. It was helpful to be able to touch base with Cowboy and Ginger over at Cowboy's site.

I was grateful to have Cowboy's site to check into again on Saturday and Sunday. It's a great comfort.

Grandson landed in the hospital with and appendicitis over the weekend. He underwent an appendectomy yesterday and is doing well. We had our granddaughter with us for the weekend as my son was pretty much sitting bedside with his son.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Since I was able to check in last, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I see things are up and running again. It was nice to see [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] take advantage of the backup site. Everyone is welcome to check in there whenever MWO is down.

Nice to hear that the pup is doing better [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].

Good to hear from you again [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], you guys sure are getting some ugly weather down there.

Is it a bit easier to get around on crutches now [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? I don't imagine you're supposed to put any weight on the ankle just yet.

Good job on not drinking at the wedding [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'll bet you enjoyed dancing without the booze even more. I know I do. Have a safe trip going back to the south home.

Hopefully your grandson will have a speedy recovery and be out of the hospital soon [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

I was lucky enough to fill my moose tag yesterday! I passed on a couple of older cow moose that were just too big and my patience was rewarded with a nice 2 year old. This moose will go into steaks, roasts, hamburger, and some sausage.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I guess the Cafe is closed on the weekends! Glad to have the back-up site, ABC and congrats on filling the freezer.
                Oops, there was an error! | We Quit Drinking

Jude, hoping the next three weeks fly by for you!

Rava, great job! Safe travels when you head south.

Techie, so glad your pup is on the mend. Did they have any idea what caused the issues?

Dill, hoping your grandson bounces right back! Always unnerving to have a child need emergency anything!

Great to see you, Mul. Crappy weather always seems to turn my mind to drinking. Glad you kicked those thoughts to the curb!

We are off to explore the Holbrook area up north. There's several things I've wanted to see up that way so we are headed up Tuesday, back Friday. Not sure how cell reception will be but I'll check in if I can! I'll take another.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Late check in as I was in golf tournament today. Lily still improving. They are not sure the cause but high fat diet is one suspect but not an issue with her. Thank you Ginger. What is ?the backup site?? Do I need a code or secret password? Another 24 for me. Blessings x

IMG_5876.jpg
                  Last edited by techie; November 13, 2023, 07:58 PM.
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Walking on crutches continues to be a challenge for me, but I'm not allowed to put any weight on that ankle at all. I've come close to falling several times, and it will be a miracle if I don't break anything else before this is over.I am not able to work in any capacity as there are no desk jobs available in the company that I work for.

Congrats [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] on filling your moose tag! Sounds like you'll have plenty of meat in your freezer this year.

Good job staying away from the booze rava! I too have been dealing with some intense cravings lately. I'm sure it's from the stress, but thankfully Mr. J refuses to get me any wine, and I can't drive to the liquor store myself. Sometimes things work out for the best.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Congrats on your recent successful hunt, Cowboy! I'm sure that's a good feeling to have filled your freezer.

Jude, I think I would have just as much problems getting around on crutches as you are having. Be super careful! I hope the time passes quickly until you get your walking cast. Drinking and walking with crutches would not end well. Keep your resolve.

Techie, Home | We Quit Drinking is actually very much like MWO in design. And you do have to have a secret password but that is to protect your own anonymity. I am using my same user name and password. I had to change my avatar tho because I didn't have my original picture of dill anymore. Cowboy has planted his flag at the outpost, using his Canadian flag avatar that matches the one at MWO. I'm glad Lily is doing better.

Grandson is home and doing much better.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

As [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] explained [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I tried to set the site up in the same format as MWO. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles because it's a free hosting platform, but it works pretty well for a backup. Just follow the link that [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] have posted and sign up just like you did when you joined MWO.

Comment

Taking off shortly. I'll be checking in as I go.

Jude, you're in my thoughts!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Late check in. Another 24 please. Thank for the info folks. Blessings x.

Just started using IPhone 15. It will not let me upload images. Hmm

Comment

Here's to another 24 hours for all of us!

Comment

Working...
                                X