No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe. Dill, hope your grandson continues to heal. Jude those crutches must hurt your armpits! Cowboy congrats on your moose! Ginger, hope you enjoy your trip. Techie, glad Lily is improving. I was so wiped out yesterday that I forgot to post. We are back home and today I start back to the gym. Anybody recommend any good sobriety books? Not technical ones. I’m needing some additional support. Instead of getting stronger each day I feel like I am fighting harder each day. It should not be this hard. Any suggestions would be great! 24 more please.

Comment

A good neighbor who happens to be a farmer stopped over yesterday and brought us a half gallon of freshly made apple cider. Oh my! It was delicious! They made it themselves using and old-fashioned cider press. I wish I could have shared it with you all.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, sorry you're struggling. I don't have any book suggestions but I bet there are lots over in the toolbox. Maybe swing in over there?

Off to painted desert and petrified forest! I'll take another.

Comment

Sorry that you are struggling rava. I have a book called being sober, which has helped me, but it's based on AA. Not sure if you would be interested in going down that path, but it's worth a read.

24 more please...

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! I found a zoom class today about women and drinking and pitfalls in sobriety. I signed up and hope it helps. I know that I don’t want to go backward in my life. I have really started watching my surroundings and while at the airport I have never seen do much drinking. A guy was denied boarding due to being drunk. He had the nerve to yell at the airport staff that his plane was delayed which caused him to get drunk. Wow. Crazy. On the way to florida there was a drunk couple behind us bragging about paying 200.00 at the airport bar. I have to remind myself of the fact that alcohol is literally poison and when I overindulge I become violently ill for about 2 days. It is not my friend. Ok thanks for listening. I will be sober today and share any wisdom I might get from the zoom class tomorrow. 24 more please!!

Comment

It's no fun when it seems like you're always battling with yourself [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I don't know of any book titles, but I know Annie Grace is talked about a lot in recovery groups, not sure if she does books, podcasts, or both though. The fact that you're looking for ways to help means you're determined to win that battle, don't ever give up.

Comment

I'll take another day!

Comment

I appreciated your honesty and observations, Rava. I don't have any book suggestions I'm afraid. I hope your zoom class meets your needs.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Good to hear from you again [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], you guys sure are getting some ugly weather down there.
                        In the meantime the weather has turned quite splendid now this week, sunny and still close to 10C in the day, so very nice for getting outside! Yay!
                        Congrats on the moose. I remember when I was young my dad (and hunting buddies) got a moose once and we had quite a store of moose meat (not bad).

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the encouragement. The zoom class was very boring. I lasted about 40 minutes before I left the group. Not helpful to me. I am back on sober podcasts which are helpful. I think the biggest struggle for me has been lack of a schedule. Since retirement I dont really have to be anywhere or be accountable to anyone. I realize that I have to be accountable to myself. The gym and volunteer job help to some degree. I don’t want to be a ticking time bomb waiting to drink. I keep replaying the tape of the incredible horrific hangovers. Thanks for listening. Hope everyone has a great and sober day!! 24 more please.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Comment

We're getting the same type of weather up here [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and supposed to have it for the next few days. And no snow on the ground yet!

I'm sure sooner or later you'll find something that helps [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].
                              Last edited by abcowboy; November 17, 2023, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Sorry that your zoom class was so boring rava. It never hurts to try new things and one of these days you'll find the answer. Everyone has a different path to sobriety, it's not a one size fits all situation. I think that I might have mentioned a book called Lit by Mary Karr. It's A gut wrenching story of her battle with addiction and how she overcame it. It's a very good book, and maybe it will help you.

I also agree that alcohol is everywhere, and sometimes it feels as though it's being shoved in our faces. Uggh...

Anyway, there will be no booze for me today!

Comment

Working...
                                X