• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Stay the course! I'll take another.

Comment

Rava, can you tell me what sober podcasts you listen to that you think are helpful? I listen to podcasts all the time and would like to try some out.

Resentment is a problem for me and a big trigger. I have come to the conclusion that I need to back off a little from my volunteering. It is taking more of my time than I am willing or happy to give and I feel resentment creeping in. I was asked to help with the holiday bazaar annual fundraiser. I should have said no, but in a moment of weakness I agreed to help. Tomorrow is the bazaar/bake sale and I am definitely not looking forward to it. But I will get through it and I will not drink. To be honest tho, I did cave in yesterday and am full of regret and remorse. You all know what I'm going thru. I'll get back on track and I will learn to say no to things I do not need to do if I don't want to want to do them in the future. I have to relearn the skill of saying 'no'.

I will be grateful for 24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sorry that you slipped dill. One of the things that I've learned in AA is that resentment and anger are huge triggers for relapse, and identifying the cause can go a long way in staying sober. It sounds like it might be a good time to cut back on the volunteering or quit entirely. You need to do what's best for you.

24 more please...

Comment

Up early and getting ready to go spend the day at the fundraiser. I have a plan to get home without buying, no matter my frame of mind. I have invited my grandkids to come help. I won't buy when they are with me. It's a big deterrent, and a good one!
          Thanks for the suggestion, Jude. And btw, I downloaded the audio version of Lit yesterday.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:51am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have to admit I was a little surprised to see the place open again on the weekend lol. So glad it is though!

Anger and resentment were my biggest triggers as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] but with the help from my counsellor I learned other ways to deal with it other than drinking. Most of my anger came from things that were out of my control and I had to learn to just let those things go rather than get angry or resentful. I can't remember the last time that I got angry, really angry, since getting sober. And the funny thing was the more I drank, the angrier I got until I did or said something that I regretted. Glad those days are behind me now.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe, Dill, I’m sorry about the slip. This is the place to keep coming back to for sure. The podcast I like the most is This Naked Mind. Annie Grace is the best. I used to listen to the Bubble Hour but that has gone. I downloaded some sober podcasts and plan to listen to them. Good luck today at the fundraiser. Wishing everyone a great day. I’m planning to stay on course. 24 more please!!

Comment

Dill, I'm thinking of you. Saying no is so hard! You got this.

It rained last night. A lovely desert treat. I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Hugs Dill. Back from a great trip and interview in Santa Barbara. Another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_6134.jpg
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe! So glad that the joint is still open on the weekends.

I have no use for booze, so not today...

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 19, 2023, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Sunday morning breakfast in the Cafe again!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast! Hoping today will be a good day. Had some neighbor issues last night as condo living can be problematic at times! Hoping for a better day today! 24 more please!

Comment

Thanks for all your support, friends. The fundraiser went well and my plan of having my grandkids along for the ride home worked. So happy to see the lights on in the Cafe this morning.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. 24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good job, Dill!

Techie, was your interview for a book deal?

Rava, hope your neighbor issues improve!

Jude, how's the ankle?

ABC, thanks for the wonderful breakfast! I'll take another.

Comment

Working...
                                X