~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. The interview was ostensibly for Mrs Techie new book and also a project I am collaborating on with her. Thank you for asking. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_6203.jpg
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy; you should open your own restaurant someday.

Ginger, the ankle is coming along ok and I have an appointment with the ortho doc on Dec. 1st. I guess I'll know more after they take an x-ray. At my last visit he told me that I'm not a good candidate for a walking boot due to the type of fracture that I have. Looks like I'm stuck with a cast until the break is fully healed. On a good note, yesterday we went out and bought a knee scooter, which allows me to ditch the evil crutches. Woo hoo!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Thank you for yesterday's breakfast. It was delicious and hit the spot!

The knee scooter sounds like a great solution, Jude. I still am rooting for you to have a rapid recouperation.

Techie, I'm happy for you and Mrs. T on the interview. It sounds exciting!

Our farmer friend lost his mother last week. She had lived to the ripe old age of 103 and in good health until just recently. She had a fall and broke a hip and that is what took her down. Today is her service so we will be there celebrating a life well lived.

Hope your neighbor issue got resolved, Rava. Don't need the drama, do we.

I wish you all a lovely day of freedom. 24 more for me and all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had to look up knee scooter [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], looks like a great alternative to crutches! Hopefully you won't even need that for too long.

Did you get the situation with the neighbor's sorted out [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], nothing worse than having troublesome neighbors.

That's a long life to have lived [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'll bet there'll be many stories shared about her life at the service.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jude, be careful on that knee scooter! They are notorious for bucking the user off. Take it slow!

Techie, that's exciting! Good luck to you both.

Waves to all my buddies! I'll take another day. :=)

Comment

Late check in m. Another 24 please. Blessings x

IMG_6270.jpg
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ginger, I've been bucked off many a horse, but never a knee scooter! Hopefully mine is tame!

Wow dill, your friends mother was 103 years old when she died? Falls in the elderly are a serious problem, especially when it involves a broken pelvis. So sad.....

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I forgot to post yesterday. Neighbor issue was resolved by not attending Thanksgiving dinner. We will go to the beach. This will be my first Thanksgiving without family or friends. I tell myself it’s just another day. It’s ok and I won’t have to worry about drinking! Usually our building just has it for our building. A neighbor took it upon herself to ask a few other neighbors. I then asked another neighbor and was told if she came, then some of the others would not come. It’s all ridiculous. Mr. r just said forget it. It was all cordial. We don’t want drama so we excused ourselves. Hope everyone has a drama free day!! 24 more please!!IMG_8422.jpg

Comment

Rava, That sounds like a lot of nonsense and I don't blame you for withdrawing. Seems the spirit of Thanksgiving was missed in that group. No matter how you end up spending Thanksgiving, you can still take some time to reflect on your blessings, of which you seem to have many. The other day I saw an announcement for a community meal on Thanksgiving and I thought that if I didn't have the grandkids coming and looking forward to our Thanksgiving meal that I would like to just go and participate in the community meal. Anything like that where you live?

It's a terrible fall day, typical of November. I shouldn't really complain because we have had some unseasonably warm and sunny weather of late. We actually need the rain.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, that sounds so middle school. People! We have a huge Thanksgiving gathering here but we don't go. We just have another couple over for a traditional meal with cards after. The gathering is just toooo "peopley" for me and never fails to trigger my anxiety and the urge to self medicate. Ugh

Jude, that made me chuckle! Stay safe on that scooter.

Off to golf at 1p today. It's been ages since I was out so this should be interesting! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Food for thought. In the past eight years, I have lost my dad, mom, my sister, my close cousin and three very good friends. Combination of cancer, Flu, & Covid. I would often seldom not travel back East for holiday’s to avoid the drama.. They are all gone now and I would give ANYTHING to go home for Thanksgiving despite the drama, guilt trips, and sometimes arguing to hug and laugh and share stories and just LOVE on them all. There is nothing left and no longer a reason to travel East.

Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_6274.jpg

Comment

Techie, you have had a lot losses over the years, and I know how hard the holidays can be. Thanksgiving is supposed to be about gratitude, but in today's crazy world, being grateful seems to have taken a back seat. Sad...

Rava, doesn't sound like you'll be missing much by not going to the "drama dinner." Have you considered spending the holiday volunteering? Many places offer free meals to those with little to no income on Thanksgiving, and they are always looking for people to help out. It can be a rewarding experience helping others, and it's also a good reminder to be thankful for what we have.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

I'll be preparing a few things today for tomorrow's meal. I took the ashes out this morning and the air had a definite feel of winter. Feels like Thanksgiving.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X