~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Puppy training. Annoying and obnoxious at times.. Eh... I hear ya from here: NO - NO - NO... I remember hubs was about to get rid of our puppy-lab (over my dead body). He ate through the pipe to sand filter (above ground pool) three times, amongst other things. Thankful, he grew out of this. I use to freeze ice cubes to help. They are teething like a baby. Distraction-distraction. This may be the wrong idea for you, but I used treats to associate the positives of NO. Now I wonder why when I'm on the beach dogs naturally run up to me. They think I'm the treat fairy. Thankful, hubs is more disciplined. Can you take a nap when puppy is sleeping? Or is that just a wish? How old is your pup now? Yes, your older pup will be of help. Until, then I hope your little booger learns quicker then later. Oh did read your link yesterday on eclipse. Good one. Were you able to see any of it? Hope you find a solution in taking Bac if you need it Empy.... :hug:

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] - What is chicken schnitzel? Have been eating unhealthy for a while. I fell 7/16 and then again 12/16. Really screwed up ankle. Already has a plate and screws. Yup, do to drinking poisonous/ethanol. Have gained weight. I'm taking some of your discipline and advice to heart. Lab results from recent physical, are showing cholesterol. Doc wants me take Liptor and do heart attack assessment on American Heart site and call him this week. Along with taking RX for gout. Tho, he doesn't think it's from drinking. I don't want to take another pill. Thank you so much for helping motivate me. Going on AM oatmeal diet with no sugar. :egad: Going NF this Wed. Way to go on the printer. Need to get new one for Mac.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Think I'm in another phase of iintrospection. Agree, feel more peace just from being on this quest to. Thanks for those quotes! They make sense to me. Love this to: "Let's all get another 24 solid hours together!". :love:

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - Hope you enjoyed the eclipse. Wow, think your dreams are helping you. Member you saying in another dream post that you drank wine. Not your usual choice of poison. Than another dream where your warning yourself. Find this quite significant. Your addictive voice and your higher self are having a bit of a tug a war. Fear can be a good motivator. May the good voice win!...

Need to go clean and run hoover. Off today, better get more done. My boss/friend will give me a hiatus from job to focus on health if I find I need it. Grateful, for her flexibility!... Have a feeling when NF quit comes I'm going to get very sleepy. Must do this. Between that and poisonous/ethanol will save minimum of $500 a month. Better is saving my health. Can't buy my health. Focusing on healing now.

Keeping on the AF path ODAAT.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I don't understand hate. I understand frustration when things don't work, but I hate no one. I can't think of a person I hate, Its obviously comparison as I have at least hated once to know its not hatred.
      [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], introspect is valid but don't get lost in it. I have been. Interesting way to train a dog. Pup is probably 12 weeks. Al most every animal runs to me, which is strange. Its kind of insane. Maybe I was marked by my older dogs so they see me, that or they feel sorry for me. For me the plumbing pool issue is so simple you describe, I am more worried about my wiring. Older pup Wednesday
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, Can't believe I have just did over 24hrs of no smokes which was not what I had planned for this week but well worth it. Have had tiredness during the day and had a beautiful dream this morning. I was with my dream partner and felt so good. Maybe helped me get better sleep but tiredness & concentration will be an issue over the next month with cig quit. So it's now 24 more for both. Ate well all day but had that frozen pizza for tea .2 out of 5 star health rating on pack lol but sure beats smoking and will keep off junk most of the time now after that pizza as my diet is pretty much spot on and have a good dose of vits each day . Breath feels good, lungs feel better and that's only after day 1. Only thing I need is better focus /concentration which could take a couple of months

Hot choc & sugar,coffee and sweet drinks have now vanished with the cigs as they did last time I did it and cigs is the only reason I drank them. I also remember at 17/18, I never had a full can of beer until I was a smoker . I have allowed for a 10am sleep in every day over the next month and will do emails after lunch ,considering I trade US open at night . Hope those that had he opp to see the eclipse did so cos I would have
        Last edited by Neo; August 22, 2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

The eclipse was eclipsed by a magnificent thunderstorm here so I'll take another 24 please.
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

The eclipse was kind of eerie, IMHO. The light in my area was like that of an overcast day, but odd because there was still enough sun to cast shadows. I heard on the news last night that we will be in the path of another total eclipse in the year 2024 and that I will be in the 100% path! I guess you, too [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Gotta save those eclipse glasses, eh?! You mentioned drinking dreams. I had one too this week. It was unsettling.

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], interesting topic, 'hate'. I don't hate anyone either. I think of hate as being so ugly and evil. I really don't want to have anything to do with it.
            [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], awesome job on 24 NF and al free!

Let's all go for 24 more.
            Last edited by dill; August 22, 2017, 06:36 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:46 am in Vegas another 24 please,no eclipse here that was noticeable
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Went to a local park to view the eclipse, very cool, wish now I would have traveled the 4 hours to see it in totality. Many friends did, and said it was the coolest thing they had ever seen. Hope to see the one in 2024. I'll post a picture later if I get it uploaded, work today.
                24 more for us all please.

Comment

8:30 and the sun is shining, 73F here in Jersey. Committing to another 24!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

“If you’re not excited about it, it’s not the right path.”

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] abcowboy

We only got about a 3/4 eclipse here yesterday, but I watched it for a minute or two anyway. Good job Neo!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Please - I want and need 24 AF hours today.

Comment

24 please

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] the interesting part of it all is that I'm essentially divorced technically in like 2 months. I do not hate her. My father is divorced and his therapy was strange and way antiquated. It was expressing anger and hatred against your ex. Something completely opposite of my belief system. Now they are fine with eachother and spend time with us as their children together after 20 years +. So hate doesn't last forever and forgiveness and the levels of it are interesting. Watched a documentary about forgiveness a while back and it talked about 4 levels which made sense. If I find it I will post it. On a search it appears some beleive there are up to 7 levels. Its seems hate is used in wide expression though I'm not sure if its actual hate or just and expression of anger intended to hurt the other person. Often I wonder if when used in expression its an indication that the person is frustrated at a situation of behaviour. I often corrected my step daughter when using that term or phrase and asked what was wrong. My wife (ex) and I never said we hated each other. We can hate an object or a substance but a person, that is different and morally incorrect. Now when it turns violent that is hatred as we see in the news. 24 more please.
                          Last edited by empyr3al; August 22, 2017, 03:23 PM.
                          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unfortunately there is still a lot of hatred towards my dads financial planner for me when he force d his crap on me. Stepped over the line and if laws were dropped, I would shoot him but have had to let that dissipate over 5 years but still there and won't ever go away and that was a big driver of my drinking and smoking.No one to talk to when dad passed. Some people aren't that sophisticated

Day 2 of the cig quit .Awoke at 6am and felt great. Did some breathing exercises and went back to bed for a few hours lol . Eating very very well but exhaustion is there. Will hit the worst tomorrow and will have to put up with it for a couple of weeks. Will tweak diet abit as I'm putting in all the good stuff + all my supps . So here's to another 24
                            Last edited by Neo; August 23, 2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Cool crisp morning, feels like fall.
                              24 more for me please.

Comment

74 F and cloudy here in Jersey. Committing to another 24 hours.

For myself I have always seen the way I feel towards someone as a reflection of that part of me they reflect, that when we first meet someone what we see is that reflection and over the course of getting to know each other it's a process of changing each other. To me this seems the simplest, most common form of love and even hate exists on that spectrum as it takes a lot of time and effort to hate someone and thus binds us to them. Tend to think of apathy as the opposite of love for that reason.

Can definitely see pride as producing fear as the greater the pride the more immutable our ideas of ourselves and the world. And in the end I think of fear as that uncertainty, that threat to our idea of self and our world. By the same token it would seem to play into hate as hate tends to be directed towards the "other". Funny that bigotry seems to go hand in hand with levels of intelligence/reasoning. Also funny that, for myself anyway, while drinking there was a certain pride explicit in grandiosity. Still a work in progress on completely extinguishing self-importance.

Had to run up to Albany Sunday as sister-in-law had a major stroke. Not out of the woods yet and kids are with the grandparents. Heard they'll get to head to the hospital today. Brother seems to be a controlled wreck and yesterday started sending us updates every few hours. Did express by the end of yesterday frustration that there hadn't been much change from the morning but it's a marathon and basically a TBI - of course telling him to be patient wouldn't be helpful at this point.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X