~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Continued improvement. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_7063.jpeg
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      Finishing up Stephen King?s Fairy Tale. This novel has certainly convinced me that Mr. king is a very disturbed man.
      Hahaha, I was convinced of that before I ever even read any of his novels (after watching The Shining). I'm not a huge King fan but I did quite like The Dark Tower series.

BTW Mul, I was attacked a dog that did some damage to my body.
      Yikes, that sounds horrific.

I have two Nativity sets too, Cowboy, but we only put out the one.
      My mom still has an ancient one from Germany when she was growing up there, that we put out. It certainly did go through tribulations when we had a dog when I was growing up, there are still a few noticable bite marks on some figurines, haha.

Horrible night of sleep, bad dreams and i feel terrible today.
      I can certainly empathize, multiple extremely vivid dreams a night seems to have become a regular thing for me (not sure what's causing it)... when they're good or a least neutral it's not that big a deal, but nightmares are very unfun indeed.

Comment

Rava, hope that you are sleeping better without any nightmares. It seems like those kind of dreams stay with you all day.

It's been almost 6 weeks since I broke my ankle, and this prolonged inactivity is driving me bonkers. Today my car goes to the body shop for repairs after our little incident with the deer. We are getting a loaner car, which I'm sure will have an automatic transmission. I broke my left ankle, and my current car is a standard, so I was unable to push in the clutch, making it impossible to drive. With the rental car I should be able to drive myself wherever I need to go. What a sense of freedom and independence that will give me. Yeeha!

24 more please...

Comment

4:51am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of healthy living:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Did they give you any idea how long to get your car fixed [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Hopefully not too long, but long enough to give you some freedom with the loaner lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's awesome about the rental car, Jude! That should give you such a relief from the boredom! How great to get your freedom back, at least for a few days.

Christmas is fast approaching. I better get busy with my gift buying!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Jude so glad you got a rental that you can drive! Yes to freedom. Another sleepless night. I got up and read from 2 am - 3 am. UGH. Maybe tonight will be better! Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please.

Comment

Rava, that's odd. Have you changed anything? Meds, supplements, foods?

Jude, great news about the car! Hope you get to keep it for awhile. I'd probably bought a new automatic by now. Lol

Lovely weather here. Waves to all my Cafe buddies. I'll take another!

Comment

Cowboy, our car should be repaired in 7-10 days, so I'm going to take full advantage of the rental car.

I'm going to a meeting today, which I really missed. Online meetings are ok, but they're not the same as in person. Looking forward to it!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That's not too bad of a repair time then [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Enjoy your meeting today, I bet it will be good to see everyone again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Finally a good nights sleep. That was weird for the last 2 nights. Nothing different. Sometimes I just overthink stuff and maybe that is part of it. Anyway, today should be a good day now that I feel well rested. Might make some cookies. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

Rava, so glad you got a good night's rest! Send me some cookies when they're finished. ;?)

Jude, enjoy your in person meeting and that automatic!!

Waves to all!

May we all have an easy day. I'll take another.

Comment

Great you got a good night's sleep, Rava! It'll make all the difference.

I'm just back home from my weekly volunteering, It was a good shift. Nice pace and friendly people.

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                                Good morning Cafe. Finally a good nights sleep. That was weird for the last 2 nights. Nothing different. Sometimes I just overthink stuff and maybe that is part of it. Anyway, today should be a good day now that I feel well rested. Might make some cookies. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please.
                                Good to hear! Have you ever tried meditation (focused breathing) for trying to get back to sleep? For me, having chronic sleep issues (though it's been better lately), it really has been a life saver (though not foolproof obviously). Now I sometimes wonder how I'd ever get to sleep without it.
                                Last edited by Mulburry; December 7, 2023, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X