~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad that you finally got a good nights sleep Rava. What a difference it makes!

It was so good to be able to drive somewhere on my own yesterday; it really helped me emotionally, and gave me a sense of freedom. So grateful for that.

Here's to 24 hours of peace for all of us!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, so glad you are out and about now. What a great feeling. Mul, I have tried focused breathing but for me it stresses me out. Causes anxiety for me sadly. Thanks for the suggestion tho. Hope today is a good day for everyone. We are headed to the beach for the day with some neighbors. We bring our chairs, umbrellas and books and basically do nothing. Mr. R likes to metal detect so he will walk around looking for treasures. Another day of sobriety please and thank you.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Enjoy your day at the beach [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] now that you're well rested. Does Mt R ever find any valuables while he's metal detecting?

We got freezing rain yesterday morning that turned into snow, looks like winter might be here to stay now but it's supposed to go up above freezing next week so who knows lol.

Have a great Friday everyone!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Unseasonably warm here in AZ but getting back to normal this weekend. We are close enough to the mountains that if it gets too warm, we just head to the hills!

ABC, I recall a lovely story Rava posted about Mr R helping a frantic woman locate her wedding ring she'd lost on the beach. He used his metal detector. Sure made that woman's day.

I'll take another!

Comment

When I can't sleep I put my earbuds in and listen to either a novel or a podcast. Unfortunately it works so well that if I don't remember to set a sleep timer my book continues long after the point at which I fell asleep so I have to go back and try to estimate where I was in the story when I fell asleep. Sleep timer limits that problem!

Went to my granddaughter's Christmas Concert last night. It was such a treat. I'm so glad she invited us. It was her first choir concert as a middle schooler so she was one of the youngest ones. But I marveled at how very grown up they all are! It helped me reset my brain and see her as the young lady she is becoming right now.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I haven't been to a choir concert in years. We used to go when Mr.J's daughter was in high school, and I always found them so peaceful. It always put me in the Christmas spirit and helped me deal with the stress of the holidays.

Yesterday, after the meeting, myself and two other people were the last to leave. One person was wearing a neck brace due to a recent car accident, the other using a cane due to severe arthritis, and me with a cast using my scooter. Someone in the parking lot yelled out, "here come the crips!" We all cracked up as it must have looked pretty funny as we came out of the building. Made my day.

Hope that everyone has a great and sober 24 hours!

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Comment

I totally forgot about the ring finding [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], thanks for the reminder.

I haven't been to a Christmas Concert in many years either [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I think the last one was when we got invited out to the Mennonite's School Christmas Choir Concert. It was very enjoyable and hearing all those kids sing without any musical accompaniment was amazing.

You'd have thought the 3 of you were coming out of a physical therapy session [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], not an AA meeting lol, I'll bet it did look funny.

Bubba and went over to the Senior Center's Annual Christmas Turkey Bingo fundraiser last night. It's been years and years since I've played bingo as well. We didn't win anything, didn't even come close, but it was a good way to spend a Friday evening supporting the Senior Center.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; December 9, 2023, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the story of you and your cohorts leaving that meeting, Jude. It gave me a chuckle just picturing the scene.

Bingo is fun, every now and again! I sometimes play it with my Homemakers Group as an activity at the holiday meeting.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, loved the story. You have to laugh at it. Had a great days yesterday at the beach with friends. Im happy that they are not drinkers so water, soda and subs were our food/drink for the whole day. Hope everyone has a great Saturday! Thinking about going to a boat parade later today. Maybe….. We hate crowds. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, I'm with you on crowds. I get anxious just thinking about it. Seems to have gotten worse for me since covid. :-/

Dill, how long have we been together in the Cafe? Seems like yesterday, your granddaughter was just a wee one.

Jude, my neighbor stumbled getting out of her chair and broke two tiny bones in her foot. She's scheduled for surgical repair on the 15th. Remember when we used to be made of rubber!?

ABC, are you done with the train set now? Is it decorated for Christmas?

Anyone hear from QW? I emailed him awhile back but didn't get a response. Sure hope things are OK and they were able to get to Mexico. Miss him around here!

Waves to all. I'll take another!

Comment

Late check in. Still improving. Another 24 please. Blessings x

Promise to read back tomorrow!

IMG_7219.jpg
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ginger, yes I do remember those days when we were made of rubber! I used to fall off of horses all the time. It was no big deal back then, I would just dust myself off and get back on. I guess those days are long gone. Sigh...

Rava, I'm jealous of your trips to the beach, especially this time of year. I grew up in New England and at times I really miss the sights and sounds of the ocean. It's supposed to rain all day today, and change to snow overnight. Laying in the sand and listening to the cry of the seagulls sounds pretty good right now.

Glad that you enjoyed bingo at the senior center cowboy, that's something that I haven't done in years.

Glad that you stopped in techie and I loved the quote!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X