~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I think next year when traveling by airplane I will wear a mask. Lots of coughing and hacking was going on in that airplane.
    I'm kind of shocked how few people where masks when confined in a small space with strangers like that, you'd think people would have learned some things from going through a pandemic. I guess people just like getting sick, haha.

There's very little snow here as well, and the temps have been unseasonably warm all winter. It's nice to open the natural gas and power bills and not have a heart attack lol
    We just had the second warmest Dec ever on record (not that I'm complaining after last years crazy christmas winter storms and deep freezes). It does sound like it will get colder next week though.. probably move you're way eventually too [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] .

Comment

Good morning cafe! Rava, I'm glad that your feeling stronger about your sobriety. I haven't checked out the toolbox in awhile, but it's a good resource to have.

Another 24 please...

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ya, it's headed our way [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], the long term forecast shows bitter cold (-35C) towards the end of next week. That's a bit too cold for me!
          Last edited by abcowboy; January 6, 2024, 07:29 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Speaking of the Toolbox, I'm going to head on over and see about downloading the posts. If this site goes away (God forbid), it would be nice to retain all that sage advice!

I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Happy New Year. I have been on a Vision Quest in Sedona with my wife. Now heading to San Diego/La Jolla for book signing. Another 24 for me. I wish you all the best day possible. HUGE Blessings x

IMG_8658.jpg
              Last edited by techie; January 6, 2024, 10:17 AM.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

So great to see you, Techie!

Late check in for me and I'm pressed for time. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. Late check in for me as well. Up all night with cold symptoms. Took a covid test today which is positive. I know it was that damned airplane. UGH. I think people just walk around and dont even care. It makes me angry. I however am going to isolate for the recommended time period. If my symptoms don't get any worse, I’m not going to take medicine for it. Mr R is negative today but he also has a sore throat and cold symptoms. It’s a matter of time for him. Hope everyone has a great day. On the bright side, I feel better with Covid than I did severely hung over. See there is a silver lining! HAHA. 24 more please.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                    Took a covid test today which is positive. I know it was that damned airplane.
                    I would not doubt it. Pretty much everyone I know that's been on airplane in the last year has gotten Covid as a result. It makes sense if you think about, hundreds of people from all sorts of different places, confined in a small space, breathing the same air for countless hours...

Originally posted by techie View Post
                    I have been on a Vision Quest in Sedona with my wife.
                    That sounds very intriguing. I'd be all ears if you care to elaborate, but no pressure.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; January 6, 2024, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Sorry that you tested positive for covid Rava, and hope that your symptoms are mild.

Good to see you back techie!

It's snowing hard with several inches on the ground already with more to come. It sure beats the rain which we've had an overabundance of in December. Yay, no more mud!

Looking forward to another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

[QUOTE=Mulburry;1829782]
                        I would not doubt it. Pretty much everyone I know that's been on airplane in the last year has gotten Covid as a result. It makes sense if you think about, hundreds of people from all sorts of different places, confined in a small space, breathing the same air for countless hours...
                        Yes, it makes sense. It's basically a Petrie dish with wings. It's good to do all you can to strengthen your immune system before travelling. I haven't been on a plane since just before covid hit. I'd like to go to Sedona tho. It's bucket list for me.

Hope you get well fast, Rava, and that your symptoms aren't too bothersome in the meantime. Is your doctor prescribing anything?

Our granddaughter texted and asked if she could come over yesterday and we could make spaghetti. She loves spaghetti and her dad never makes it. He's a meat and veggies guy. So, I fill in every now and then. She stayed the night so this morning we are going to make crepes. She won an electric crepe maker at our Christmas bazaar and wants to give it a try. I'll make enough to share with you all!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I've got breakfast ready!

Comment

Great to see you back [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Hopefully your Covid symptoms are mild [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and you recover quickly.

How did the crepe making go [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Bubba and her mom just made big batch of Ukrainian crepes (nalysnyky) just before Christmas. They just used an electric frying pan though. How did the crepe maker work out?

Looks like I've got some snow shoveling to do this morning, can't really tell how much we got yet till it gets light out. If I'm lucky, the leaf blower will take care of it lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Mr. R has the exact same symptoms as me and tests negative. Doesnt make sense to me. I just feel like I have a terrible cold. If it gets into my chest I will call my doctor. Right now just miserable snot. You all know how that goes. Well Dill, the cooking day with gd sounds great. Hope you had fun. Today is a day of rest for me. No booze in my future. Or should I say no poison in my future. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X