~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, last year we had the same thing happen. We both had the exact same symptoms, I tested positive while hubby never did. Crazy. I know he had it!

Hi Techie! Hope your vision quest was helpful. My neighbor did the same before Christmas and she said it was so enlightening and has really helped with her grief of losing both her parents within a month of each other. Sodona is named after my husband's great, great aunt who's family settled the area. Such a special place. 💖

Dill, what a special day with your granddaughter. She will always remember those times with such fondness. I still do after all these years! Grandmas are the best.

Weathery here for a couple weeks. Cool and rain. Not too much different than back home at the moment! Oh well, no reason to cave. I'll take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
      Weathery here for a couple weeks. Cool and rain. Not too much different than back home at the moment! Oh well, no reason to cave. I'll take another day!
      The rapid tests are notoriously innacurate, I'd imagine if you're in the same household and have similar symptoms there's probably a 99% chance the other person has it too.

How did the crepe making go @dill? Bubba and her mom just made big batch of Ukrainian crepes (nalysnyky) just before Christmas. They just used an electric frying pan though. How did the crepe maker work out?
      We just made some crepes here at my mom's place last week, so good. German, not Ukrainian but I imagine they are quite similar. I like them with all sorts of things, but I have a strange prediliction for putting leberwurst (liver sausage) on them, haha.

Comment

Late late check in. Settled in hotel in La Jolla. Busy next few day. I will try and get a round of golf in. I wish you all a good week ahead. Blessings x

I will check in when I can …

IMG_8658.jpg
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, I think that it's great that your granddaughter wants to come over and make spaghetti with you. It sounds like you have a great relationship with her.

Rava, I too have heard that the covid in home tests can often give both false negatives and positives. Anyway, hope that you and Mr. R feel better soon.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Cowboy, I had never made crepes before so the experience was a new one for me. I have nothing to compare the crepe maker to in my personal experience, but I did watch youtube videos of various techniques. For our purpose the crepe maker worked out absolutely great and granddaughter gained a bit of a sense of pride as she mastered her skills with it. I think for me a simple cast iron skillet would be my tool of choice. We filled them with cream cheese, strawberries (from last summer's garden) and blueberries. They were really great!

Auxilliary board meeting today. Best part about it is the sandwiches provided. I'm looking forward to a delicious chicken salad sandwich.

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Your crepes sound delicious [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! The Ukrainian style are rolled with cottage cheese and cinnamon but the fruit filling sounds yummy!

The temperature slide has started, -22C (-2F) here this morning with temps getting colder and colder as the week progresses.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, now you make me want to make crepes. LOL. I gotta eventually get out of this house right? Still coping with this mess. Got about 2 hours of sleep last night so a nap is definitely in my future. Mr R has lost his voice but at least the congestion has not moved down in our chests. No boozy thoughts which makes me happy. No hangover in my future. The fact that we are isolating and have no booze is also somewhat comforting. LOL. Neighbor getting me some groceries so all is well. Techie, hope you enjoy your golf day, Hi to everyone and Happy Monday. 24 more please.

Comment

Checked the temps here and home. 30f in both places. Lol Winter is here!

I'll take another!

Comment

I've never made crepes before; in fact, I've never eaten one. Looks like making some is in my future. :happy2:

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully both your symptoms stay mild and manageable [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

My sister-in-law called last night to let me know that my last remaining brother (60) was air ambulanced from Weyburn (my hometown) to the hospital in Regina after suffering a heart attack. He had 2 stints put in last night and needs to have 1 more, but they're not sure if they'll do the procedure today or tomorrow. I didn't have the best sleep last night worrying about him as my other 2 brothers passed away from heart attacks, one at age 34, the other at age 55. Shannon is supposed to call this morning with an update, hopefully it'll be good news. Any prayers offered would sure be appreciated.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, prayers being sent for your brothers full and speedy recovery. It sounds like he was taken to the right place. Will be thinking of you today. We are bracing for a major nor’easter storm in our tiny home up north. I will be watching the weather very closely. Hope everyone has a great day. Another day of isolation for me and Mr. R. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

ABC, an abundance of healing thoughts and prayers headed your brothers way. 🙏

Family is in town for the month so we are planning a day with them. I'm thinking the Museum of Natural History. My knee is only about 80% so saving it for warmer weather hiking!

I'll take another!

Comment

Ginger, enjoy your time with your family. I hope your knee gets better soon. Have you been to the doc about it?

Rava, I hope you and Mr. R get well fast. Does Mr. R drink? Mr. D can take it or leave it. I envy him that.

Cowboy, I will have your brother in my prayers. I hope you take care of yourself, and monitor your heart health too.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X