~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I couldn't log in this morning. Just now checking again and got in easily. Hope everyone is doing ok. 24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I hope that pumpkin will be ok. I know how hard it is when one of our furry friends are injured or hurt. When I worked as a vet tech we saw a lot of blocked male cats, which is caused by a build up of a certain type of crystals in the urine. Two of my cats are male and I keep my fingers crossed that neither one of them ends up with a blockage.

Cowboy, I wear the boot about 20 percent of the time, which isn't exactly what the doctor ordered, but it's not too painful to walk on if I take it easy.

I couldn't log on this morning for some reason, but I'm here now.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Dill, I hope that pumpkin is doing better today. Fingers crossed!

Another chilly morning here at 11? Fahrenheit, so it looks like Mr. J will be cutting more wood for the fire.

24 more please...

Comment

Today the IV fluids will be withdrawn, and the catheter will be removed. Then the blood test to see how Pumpkin's kidneys are doing. I had never heard of this blockage issue before so it came out of the blue for us. The Vet explained to us that it is unfortunately relatively common in neutered male cats. I wish I had known that because I might have acted more quickly had I known.

The cold is loosening its grip for the next few days. This will be our window of opportunity to clean the chicken coop, It's been too cold to even think about it!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. I could not get on yesterday morning and after a few attempts I just gave up. Today I logged in easily. Dill, I hope Pumpkin continues to improve. Hope everyone has a good Monday. I will take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 48 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Looks like we all had issues with logging in yesterday, but we're all able to log in again now.

Hopefully all goes well at the vet's today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, I feed Cyrus one can of wet food each day along with his dry. Years ago I was told cats with urinary crystals need more fluids. Cats aren't big water drinkers so the wet food supplies some extra hydration. They even make some specifically for urinary crystals. Kitty prayers for Pumpkin.

Busy day but it won't include AL. I'll take another!

Comment

Pumpkin is doing really well! The bloodwork shows his kidney function is good. Now we have him back home and he is being treated like a king. Ginger, we'll be feeding canned food from now on, as well as some kibble that is specially formulated for cats that get blocked. It's a prescription feed though. I'll have to research the most cost effective way to get it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, glad your cat is on the mend! Relief for sure. Techie????? Where are you? This week our Florida weather is finally turning the corner with sunshine and 80 degree temps. Now thats what I’m talking about!!! No booze today for me. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That's fantastic news about Pumpkin [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Hopefully the prescription kibble isn't outrageously expensive.

Glad that the sun has finally come out in your area [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], enjoy!

Not sure what happened to [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], sure wish he checks in soon...

And not seeing [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] first thing in the morning always gives me a bit of a worry...

Comment

No worries cowboy... I was up early but didn't log in right away..

Dill, glad that pumpkin is doing better, and that he is home from the vets. He will definitely be on a special diet from now on, but it will help keep the crystals from forming in his urine again.

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Great news, Dill!!! Glad you have a plan to avoid this in the future. I'll ask the pet rescue cat lady I work with if she knows of a less expensive option for avoiding crystals. If there's one, she'll know about it!

Greetings all. I miss techie too. Hope all is well with him. I'll take another!

Comment

Where are you techie??

Not much going on here. I have a doctor's appointment this morning, then off to a meeting.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Working...
                                X