No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. heading to the gym today for exercise class and I started doing some small weights. I keep reading that old ladies need to do some strength training. My head is in a good place right now and I hope the beast doesn't start saying in my head that it’s ok to have one drink. I have proved over and over that I can NOT drink responsibly and thats the end of the story. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Hope all goes well at the doctor's [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and glad to hear you're still going to meetings, you must be getting something out of them to continue.

Not much new to report on my end so hope everyone has a good one!

Edit to add: And I'm glad to hear things are going well with you as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], just tune out that voice when it whispers to you.
        Last edited by abcowboy; January 24, 2024, 07:25 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Things are quiet on the home front. It's like that this time of year. However, my daughter that lives in New Orleans just sent me a picture of one of the yearly parades that happened over the weekend. My grandson marched in the parade with his school mates. Did you realize that Lent starts on February 15th this year?! That's so early!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; January 24, 2024, 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, my cat lady didn't have any good suggestions for Pumpkin. I hope he stays well.

My sisters get here tomorrow for a 2 wk visit. I'm so excited to see them!!

I'm happy to be here! Thank you all. I'll take another day!

Comment

Dill, how is pumpkin doing? I hope that he continues to improve.

Enjoy your visit with your sister's Ginger. I don't see mine near enough as they both live pretty far away from me.

Keep ignoring that voice in your head Rava! You've got this!

I'm in for another 24 hours of peace...

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

Enjoy your time with your sisters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], anything special planned with them while they are there?

Comment

Morning Cafe. Ginger, sounds like you are going to have a blast with your sisters coming. Fun times ahead. We are going to the beach today to read and relax. (Not that we don’t do that every day since retirement). The weather has turned for the better this week so we are taking full advantage. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

Enjoy your beach time, Rava.

When my sisters visit they are pretty chill so nothing big planned. Lots of walking and enjoying the warm, sunny weather mostly. Little sis made good friends last season when she stayed two mouths so she'll catch up with all of them. Just enjoying each other's company! (AL free)

Hugs my friends! I'll take another!

Comment

Pumpkin continues to improve. He is acting more and more himself with each passing day. Today he was purring up a storm and I realized it was the first time since last week!

Ginger, thanks for asking your friend about care tips. I reckon I'll just follow the vet's orders and feed wet cat food and prescription kibble. Have a good time with your sisters!

Rava, I wish I could join you at the beach.

Late check in here as I was up and out the door way too early. The drive to my volunteer job was difficult because of fog and misty rain. It would have been a good day to sleep in.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, glad that pumpkin is getting better. I really hate when one of my animals are sick.

Wish that I could join you at the beach Rava. It's pouring rain here with lots of gusty wind. Yuck!

Another 24 please...

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Comment

Good to hear that Pumpkin is getting back to normal [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], amazing how much we worry about our furry friends.

Not much on the go around here, our temps are supposed to be above freezing over the weekend so I think it's time to do some moose steak on the smoker!

Comment

We've had several days of rain and mild temperatures, but the temps will go down starting this weekend. I'm going to be happy for the ground to freeze up a bit.

Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X