~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. I just finished typing my post and somehow lost it. Ugh. We have been invited to a bar tomorrow to hear a local band play with a bunch of neighbors. I am already feeling triggered by this. I want to be social but not in this environment. My last drunken episode happened so quickly that I just cant take that risk. Mr. R doesnt really want to go. I think I will follow his lead and bow out politely. Hope everyone has a great and sober day.

Comment

Rava, it's OK to say no! I think we forget that sometimes. I know I do. It's no worth the chance of a slip.

Dill, I'm glad Pumpkin is on the mend. Cy had his annual vaccines yesterday and he's totally feeling like crap today. Poor little guy. I hate knowing I made him sick. He also was diagnosed with Stomatitis, which is tooth reabsorption. I'd never even heard of this until I adopted Pearl. It's an autoimmune disorder that causes their body to attack their teeth. Eventually causing terrible pain resulting in having to extract them. Boy, I know how to pick them! This is going to be a spendy one. Oh well, he's worth every penny to me!

Sisters got here safe and sound! I'll take another!

Comment

Rava, if you feel like your on shaky ground being around alcohol I would definitely not go to a bar. Part of staying sober is knowing your triggers and finding ways to avoid them.

Ginger, sorry to hear about Cyrus and his diagnosis of stomatitis, but I'm glad that you are taking such good care of him. Gotta keep our mascot healthy!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Rava, I totally agree with Jude's comments. A bar would be too much of a challenge, IMO. You are doing so well right now and going to a bar is totally unnecessary.

Ginger, I'm sorry to hear about Cyrus' condition. Bad luck for you both! It's good there is a treatment tho.

Not much going on in these parts. I'll join you all in another 24!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cyrus is feeling much better after his vaccines. Almost back to his ornery self! I'm planning to get a second opinion on his stomatitis issue.

I'll definitely take another!

Comment

Best do what's necessary to keep Cyrus healthy [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I know with Hank it didn't really matter what the cost was, we just did what we had to do.

You know what's best for you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] so if you're unsure about being in a bar then don't go. Quitting is hard enough without putting yourself in situations that will tempt you even more.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, glad Cyrus is feeling better. Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement which I needed to hear. Mr. R even said to me…..why do our friends go there? what will they be doing? What will you be wanting? Drink was the answer to it all. With that and your words of wisdom I am not going. I will find something healthy to do. It is 28 days today and I am not one to count but I really wanted to make 30 days as a good start to my 100th quit. Thanks everyone! 24 more please and thank you!!!

Comment

It is 28 days today and I am not one to count but I really wanted to make 30 days as a good start to my 100th quit.
                    I can't help but admire your fortitude. You never quit at trying to quit. And even if it takes 100 more you'll get there eventually.

weather is finally turning the corner with sunshine and 80 degree temps
                    I'm jealous of all you with nice weather. While our proper winter (cold and snow) now seems to be over we're back to "normal" winter with weeks of ENDLESS rain. It can get more than a little depressing.

Comment

It's still raining here as well [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], and like you I find it quite depressing. Our winters are definitely getting warmer with more rain than snow. Yuck!

Having some friends over for dinner tonight but there will be no booze in sight.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Nothing but clouds and rain for the next 5 days. I can't remember the last sunny day, it's been so long!

Can you believe we are already in the last week of January 2024?

I'm hoping you feel good about passing up the get-together at the bar, Rava. From where I sit, it seems like the best decision hands down!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. I wake up clear headed and so happy I did not go to the bar yesterday. My friends got home 3 hours later than they predicted. We all know what that means. No thank you. If I am good at one thing it’s quitting. Thank Mul for pointing that out. HAHA. Sorry about all the clouds and rain predicted Dill. That does not make for a happy mood. Wishing everyone a good and relaxing Sunday! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time to get breakfast out...

Comment

There's nothing better than clear-headed mornings [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], good decision on staying away from the bar!

I see how much rain is in the forecast for your area [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], that's a lot of moisture to deal with.

Not much on the agenda for me today, probably will take down the outside Christmas snowflake light and grill steaks for supper as it's supposed to be 8C (46F) today. Enjoy your Sunday everybody!

Comment

Working...
                                X