~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the advice on Cy. I'll spare no expense on our Cafe cat. 😻 After all, I have all the extra $ from not buying booze. Lol

Yummy brekkie, ABC!

We are invited to meet SIL at a winery at 2p. It's right in the middle of football games so hubby doesn't want to go. Booze in the middle of the day isn't usually tempting for me but I may pass too. It's not my thing anyway. They leave on Tuesday for home so I'd love to say goodbye. Hmmmm what to do?

Oh well.... I'll take another!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
      It's still raining here as well [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] Our winters are definitely getting warmer with more rain than snow. .
      Yup, we had a 2 week winter this year with extreme cold and half meter of snow, but 1.5 weeks later the snow is all gone and we're getting nearly 15C degree temps. It is an El Nino year though so that explain some of it (along with climate change of course).

Comment

Well, the rain finally changed over to snow. Yay! I'll take a white landscape over a grey one any day!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude your scenery must be nice with the snow. I agree snow over gray any day! Ginger, I dont think I could handle a winery. I never used to have a problem with day drinking until I crossed that invisible line. Thanks for the breakfast yesterday Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great Monday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've crossed the invisible line and gone beyond many times, Rava. I think of it as having a broken "off" switch. Once it is broken, I don't think that it is fixable

We could use some snow here too, Jude. The landscape is so dreary!

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The winery thing never happened. I was just about to call SIL to tell her, when my phone rang. It was her saying they knew hubby didn't want to go so they'd just come over so the guys could watch the game.

Girls took a walk then did some crafting. We ordered a pizza and those that drank, drank. Hubby has been abstaining in solidarity so that's sure made it easier for me lately. Not sure how long that will last but I'll take it while it's here!

Waves to all my buddies! I'll take another.

Comment

I couldn't sleep last night so I finally gave up and got out of bed at 1:00 am. I made myself some sleepy time tea and sure hope that it kicks in soon!

Looking forward to a sober day which might include a nap. :sleeping:

Comment

I've been having more trouble sleeping lately too, Jude. Sorry you had such a rough night!

Ginger, that's great news that Mr. G is abstaining in solidarity with you. It can only help...both of you! Mr. D was never much of a drinker but here recently he has started drinking a beer each afternoon. Just one. He has no inclination to have more. It's a mystery to me. But I must say, his new habit has presented me with a bit more of a challenge challenge. I wonder though if your abstinence is taking hold in other family members. If so, that's just wonderful!

Hello Mulburry, Cowboy and Rava. Let's all have another 24!
                    Last edited by dill; January 30, 2024, 06:46 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, you will definitely need a nap today. LOL. I don't feel like I ever sleep well. My fitbit always reports my sleep cycle as fair. Ginger, glad hubby is abstaining with you. Mr. R hardly ever drinks. When he does it’s funny to me because he might have 1 beer and not even finish it. That to me is not really drinking. He has finally understood me after my drunken antic over Christmas. He knows I cant stop. I didn't want him to know how bad I was but that particular evening showed him full out what a person with a broken off switch is really like. It’s been 31 days but who’s counting! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. We are having a cold front so no beach this week. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Fantastic job on your month AF [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

I'm not a very good sleeper either, maybe a carry over from my drinking days but I don't think so. I don't remember ever sleeping right through the night without waking up a couple of times. And not just to go to the bathroom lol, I just wake up for no reason it seems but don't usually have much trouble falling back asleep unless I wake up around 4:00, then I might just as well get up because I just lay in bed trying to get back asleep.

Bubba never drinks anymore, she probably has almost as much sober time as me haha. Even if we go out, she doesn't touch alcohol. It sure does make it easier for me not having any alcohol in the house.

Comment

Good morning all! No AL for either of us at our friends bday dinner last night. What a skanky tavern the guy picked to celebrate his 76th. Dark, dirty, poor food service/food. We were ever so glad to leave early!!

I'll take another (sans skanky tavern)! Lol

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Sorry for not checking in but was W/O internet service for several weeks while hiking/camping with sone insane friends in the Sierras. We are all ex military and have strong bonds. Conditions this time of year are not for the faint of heart. We did five nights in tents. The scariest night was when the snow and wind picked up. I was sure the tent wouldn’t hold but luckily it did. The rest of the time we were in a cabin with fireplace. My wife and I are off this weekend for a couple weeks in Costa Rica at a Life Enhancement Center so my internet access will be limited but will make an effort to update you.

In other news, my ankle and foot are completely healed which is a blessing. Mrs Techie and I are toying with the idea of a trip throughout Europe (soon) on either Viking or Ama Waterways. We have the time and resources so it’s now or never. Before we make a final decision we have a myriad of logistical issues to confront. My one year labs are coming up so our fingers are crossed.

I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings X

P.S. I have missed you all tremendously
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                                We could use some snow here too, Jude. The landscape is so dreary!
                                Well, luckily I manged to get a few pictures before all the snow melted (see below).

I'm not a very good sleeper either, maybe a carry over from my drinking days but I don't think so.
                                Same here, lot's of waking up, sometime hard to get back to sleep and a lot of intense vivid dreams. Haven't had one in a while but had a drinking dream last night, where I literally went through the stages, of starting with just a couple beers and then I was party drinking again, and realized the mess I was in... before waking up.

20240114_133314 (Large).jpg

20240115_132022 (Large).jpg

20240118_130754 (Large).jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X