No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:47am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Aw thanks y'all, but all of us together make the Cafe what it is! Have a great day everyone!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I stayed up past my bedtime watching the Super Bowl game last night and I did not even care for either team or the outcome. We had our son and grandkids over for a Superbowl party. The game didn't actually get interesting until the second half. We skipped the half time entertainment and played Uno during half time instead. That was the highlight of the evening. It was a beautiful, AF evening for us all.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Up early and ready for the gym. I did not watch the Super Bowl and thats probably why I am up. Hope everyone has a great and sober day! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

I stayed at the super bowl party until half time then left hubby to finish the game with our friends and walked home. The coyotes were howling out back about 50 yards away on the other side of the fence. It was a beautiful but eerie sound.

I'll gladly take another day of freedom!

Comment

I for one, being a Chiefs fan, thoroughly enjoyed the Super Bowl. I'll admit the first half of the game was a little slow, but boy what a thrilling ending. Nothing like seeing a last minute field goal to tie it and an over time win. And cool to see history being made, as the Chiefs cement their dynasty, and Mahomes cements his legacy as one of the greatest of all time (so cool to finally see a black athletic quarterback having such success).

I will say though, that the excitement of the game made me not even think about booze for one second, whereas back in the day I couldn't have imagined watching a big game without a drink or six. It's interesting how you can learn to realize that something that seemed so necessary to enjoy life, really was never necessary at all, it's the enjoyable things in life that are enjoyable for their own sake, not because of alcohol.
              Last edited by Mulburry; February 12, 2024, 10:28 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I can definitely relate to what you said in your last post. Alcohol blurs some of the best times our lives and all that is left are at best fuzzy memories. Life is so much better without the booze, why did I ever think that I would be happier with a glass of wine in my hand??

On that note, I am totally committed to 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

I too thought during the game about how in the past I would have been drinking my way through the pregame and the game. I was really glad to be fully clear-headed and present and able to enjoy the moment. Thanks Mulburry, for framing those thoughts for us so well.

How's the ankle, Jude? Have you been cleared to return to full activity?

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Comment

I didn't watch the game either, but kept checking on the score. I was hoping that the Chiefs would win for the back-to-back championships. But [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head by saying you don't need to drink to make any event more enjoyable.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I did not watch the game either but saw some recaps. I agree about the drinking and fuzzy memories. I have been enjoying reading before bedtime and remembering what I read the next day. I feel that in retirement I am surrounded by drinking all day long. Happy hour, etc. Choosing to not drink is sometimes a big challenge but I am still going strong since my slip in December. I realized the other day while in Walmart that I could slip a bottle in my groceries and then quickly shut it down. Damn beast is lurking every.damn.minute! Hope everyone has a great day. Off to my volunteer job then biking with the neighbors. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, do you guys have eBikes? Everyone around here seems to be getting them. I'm afraid I'd kill myself on one! Lol

Mul, well said!

Off to Cyrus's dental appointment. Fingers crossed 🤞

I'll take another!

Comment

Dill, I have an appointment with the ortho doc on Friday, and hopefully he can give me the all clear to return to normal activities. It's been over 3 months since I broke my ankle, so some good news from the doc would be much appreciated.

Ginger, I've been toying with the idea of getting an e-bike. I miss riding, but the hills around here were getting too difficult to climb on a regular bike.

24 more please...

Comment

I think an e-bike would be fun, but I'm like Ginger. I'm afraid I might really hurt myself! My SIL has one and she is 79. She loves hers and it has been a really good outlet for her. About 3 years ago she became quite ill and could no longer live on her own. Her kids live in Colorado so she sold up her cabin in southern Ohio and went to live in Colorado. After they nursed her through her illness and she was doing better, she bought an e-bike and started exploring. It's been good for her mental health.

First day of Lent. I'm going to think today what I will do for Lent. And hopefully will get started and stick with it!

Dill

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X