~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to all you ladies!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I haven't decided what to do for Lent either [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], have to think about it today...
      Last edited by abcowboy; February 14, 2024, 07:27 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Morning Cafe. Ginger, yes we have e-bikes. We love them. I will warn you tho that they are heavy and takes 2 people to put them on our car bike rack. We have been going all over park trails in Florida. Absolutely a great investment. We got them from rad power bikes online and they provide a list of local bikes shops in your area that will assemble them. I got one with small tires so I feel safe. Mr. R. Has a large bike and he is considering selling and getting a smaller version as they are easier to maneuver. Just plug them in and go anywhere. Riding against the wind has never been so easy! LOL. Hope everyone has a great day today. No drinking in my immediate future. 24 more please!

Comment

Thanks for the info, Rava. I may have to consider it, if this knee keeps acting up.

Cy doesn't have stomatitis. He has juvenile gingivitis and just needs a good cleaning. Get this.... the estimate was $2,100! Back home the estimate is usually $300-400. We WILL be waiting until we get home!

Golfing 9 this afternoon. It should be gorgeous. I'll happily take another!

Comment

Ginger, glad that Cyrus doesn't have stomatitis, but at 2,000 buckaroos for a dental cleaning, I can see why you want to put it off until you get back home. Yikes!

I've done a lot of research on e-bikes and have read that one of the cons is that they are quite heavy and if the battery dies while you are riding, pushing it home would not be fun!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wow Ginger 2100 for teeth cleaning is crazy!!! Jude, as an e bike owner I agree they are quite heavy but as far as the battery life, we only probably go a total of 10-15 miles on a trip and I have never even gotten to half a battery. They are supposed to go about 50 miles. I absolutely love being able to ride in the wind or whatever. Best investment of retirement. LOL. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I don't know anything about e-bikes, but it sounds like it's a good way to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

$2100 to clean teeth! I'm in the wrong business lol. You're going to appreciate your vet back home even more [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

Comment

Rava, when you peddle the bike does it recharge the battery? Seems like it should, if it doesn't. Lol

Waves to all my sober buddies in the Cafe!]

Helping the neighbor with a house project today so off I go! I'll take another.

Comment

Late check in for me because it was my volunteer morning. It was an enjoyable day.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, I was wondering how long an e-bike battery would last, so thanks for the info. I can guarantee that I wouldn't be putting in a 50 mile ride in...not a chance!

24 hours of serenity please...

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good Morning Cafe! Ginger, when you pedal it does not charge the battery. Pedal assist is nice tho because it makes pedaling much easier on the knees. Hope everyone is doing well and it feels good to be not stressing over hiding alcohol and trying to drink more yet trying to act normal when feeling drunk. What a miserable way to live. You dont really appreciate your new life until you get on the other side. Im approaching 2 month without poison and it feels good. Happy Friday everyone! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, I'm really pleased to hear you are feeling so positive and strong in your resolve. Thanks for your honest reminder of the reality of drinking. I don't think all drinkers are "sneak drinkers", but I am and can totally relate to what you posted.

Nothing much going on here today, but Mr. D and I are meeting a friend of ours for lunch at a really good Thai restaurant so that will be nice!

24 more hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X