~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

E-bikes certainly sound fun! I used to do some mountain biking in my younger days, but to be honest I'm pretty content just walking/hiking now. Speaking of we've had 4-5 day stretch of absolutely splendid sunny weather, it's been awesome getting out for a hike almost every day, nothing quite like getting out into nature in the blue skies and sun streaming down!

Originally posted by dill View Post
    I don't think all drinkers are "sneak drinkers", but I am and can totally relate to what you posted.
    I only ever did this at my parents place. I'd drink (usually) one tall can of beer openly, but then chug the rest of my evenings alotment (in whisky) in secret. I guess drinking the beer openly made it seem less like I was hiding my drinking in a way (delusional yes), just hiding the extent of it. It was definitely something I always felt a bit ashamed and uncomfortable about. Fortunately when I finally opened up to my mom about my drinking (luckily my dad was too far gone by then and in a care home) she took it as good as a very caring and compassionate mother possibly could.
    Last edited by Mulburry; February 16, 2024, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I was definitely a sneak drinker and the amount of guilt that went with it was huge. So glad that I don't have to that anymore.

Good news from the doc yesterday, he said that I am cleared to go back to work with no restrictions. So glad to say goodbye to the boot!

I'd be happy to celebrate with another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope you enjoyed the lunch with your friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and got some visiting in as well.

It's great to see you nearing your 2 month mark [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], great job!

And that's great news about your ankle [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], bet you're anxious to get back to work.

Bubba and I are headed over to the Senior's Centre tonight for the Valentine's Dine & Dance. Looking forward to a great meal, spinning around the dance floor, and some visiting with friends we've made over there.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I was looking for breakfast then remembered thats tomorrow! LOL Woke up feeling good today. Heading to a craft festival with friends. There will be no drinking today other than Diet Coke. Mr R and I were talking today about how the internet is so prevalent and how growing up we were so lucky not to have our antics on the internet. I cant imagine, if kids today make any kind of mistake or something they are ashamed of and then it gets broadcasted on social medial for everyone to see and comment on. So glad I grew up in the 70s. Speaking of sneaking……. I did not sneak with my first husband because we drank equally. Mr. R is not a drinker and I would constantly hide from him as I was ashamed. Then in the morning waking up and not remembering anything and then acting like I did. What a horrible pattern that I set up for myself. I need to focus on this more to remind me that drinking is total poison to the body. Hope everyone has a sober and happy day. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Mul, your daily walk/hikes sound lovely. Enjoy!

We had a great hike yesterday. Found a few abandoned mines, which is always an added treat! A lot of up and down and uneven terrain so I was a little worried how my knee would take it. Woke up feeling pretty good so I'm hopeful I've turned the corner.

Jude, great news! Enjoy having both feet back.

ABC, have fun at the dance. 😀

Hi Rava, Dill and all my friends here. You are all the best! I'll take another.

Comment

Glad your knee held up well, Ginger! Sounds like a fun hike.

Yay for you, Jude! So glad that is all behind you and you can get back to normal.

Rava, Mr. D never was a drinker, but I had wine everyday as I made dinner. When I was young and the kids were little, I didn't continue drinking after dinner. Too much to do, I guess. But as I got older and the kids were more on there own, I started drinking a couple glasses before dinner and then a couple after. I drank socially too, but was usually with others that were drinking and I stick out as most everyone drank too much. I don't know when it happened that I lost total control, but over time I did. That's when I quit drinking socially and drank only at home. I'm so glad I found MWO and finally, the Cafe.

It is good to remember from time to time. I will cherish another 24 more!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Sunday morning cafe! Hope that everyone is doing well! I really need to check in later so that can chow down on Cowboys amazing breakfasts.

Congrats on 2 months Rava. ODAT!

Yesterday at the AA meeting the topic was freedom from alcohol. There are so many benefits from staying sober, and I made a huge list of them. I now have freedom from guilt, shame and remorse. I no longer have to hide bottles of booze all over the house and hope that Mr. J wouldn't find them. I can get in my car and drive anywhere that I want to without fear of getting a DWI. This all goes hand in hand with being grateful for my life without booze, so, not today...

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready!

Comment

Good Sunday morning! Ginger, so glad you had a good hike and the old knee did not give you any issues. Too early this morning for our breakfast! I’m going to make a Dutch Puffy Pancake this morning. So good and easy. This may have to hold you guys over until Cowboy gets finished. I hope everyone has an amazing and sober day. We are getting heavy rain all day. I dont mind tho because we need it. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Hey Cafe, I see Cowboy has prepared our breakfast. I will save my pancake for another day.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], "freedom" is the first word that pops into my mind when I think about being sober. I know I went through the "sneaking" and "hiding" stages when I was drinking, but at the end I didn't even do that. Bubba knew there'd better be at least 6 beer in the fridge for me when I got home from work. It amazes me that she stayed with me after everything I put her through.

We had a great time at the dine and dance last night. Great food, the band was good, and lots of visiting.

Comment

Thanks for breakfast, ABC. Glad your dance with Bubba was fun!

Nothing much going on around here. I finished a job for my neighbor. We ripped out the awful wooden valances in her living room, patched things up and painted. It turned out wonderful! Really opened up the small space.

Hi to all my buddies! I'll take another day.

Comment

Thanks for that fantastic breakfast, Cowboy. You take such great care of us!

Rava, I'm looking forward to the promised Dutch Puffy Pancake sometime in the future.

Jude, I used to play the 'hide the bottle' game. I thought I was good at it, but sometimes I would find a bottle or an empty glass that I wasn't looking for and I would wonder how long ago I had stashed it...

I have [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on my mind today. I hope he and Mrs. T are enjoying their extended travels.

Cowboy, I am thinking that even at your worst point in your struggle with alcohol, you were still a pretty thoughtful and special guy. I bet Bubba could see that.

Hi Mulburry, hope you are still enjoying plenty of sunshine.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; February 18, 2024, 01:43 PM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X