~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It sure has been a mild and snowless winter around here. We are more than 60 inches below average as far as measurable snow. A lot of people think that this is great, but we could be facing drought conditions because of the lack of precipitation.

Anyway, here's to another 24 hours for all of us!

Comment

Good Saturday morning. Dill, very proud of you for getting a good dental report. My dentist ALWAYS finds a problem. I think sometimes he makes them up. I have refused some work he wants to do. Im waiting for pain or a broken tooth before I let him replace old crowns that are not bothering me. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Jude 60 inches below average snowfall is a lot. Wow I hope that doesn't add to forest fires and such this summer. Waves to everyone on here today. 24 more please and thank you….

Comment

Ha! Rava, I have the same feeling about my dentist! LOL. In fact I was shocked he found nothing, but I did have a crown about 6 months ago. Thing is, Mr. D and I go to the same dentist and Mr. D has major work looming. I think the dentist knows we are on a fixed income so he spaces out these projects. My old dentist (retired and moved to Florida) was much more conservative. However, it may simply be our age that is the cause of needing more work. No way for me to know.

We got a blast of winter overnight too but it is supposed to move off by tomorrow and we will be back to the 50s. We are way behind on precipitation too, Jude.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I need dental work as well as in a complete set of new teeth, but I've been putting it off because in May I'll be eligible to have all my dental work paid for by the government. I figure that's a good excuse to put off seeing the dentist lol.

Not much planned for the weekend so I might spend some time working on the railroad. Just a few more things to finish up on my current setup then time to expand.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Everyone sounds good and happy, except for dental issues. Lol

Mul, I always think of you as a young person. Not sure I've pegged you right but if I have, I bet you shake your head reading all of our old people ailments.

A possible hike today but headed to high country to avoid the snake! I'll happily take another day!

Comment

Hi Cafe Friends

It’s been a while since I checked in but I wanted to share two milestones with you. I recently passed the 1,800 af free day mark and on Monday it will be 5 years since I kicked the beast to the curb. You have all been a huge part of this journey, many thanks for you help and support!!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                  Mul, I always think of you as a young person. Not sure I've pegged you right but if I have, I bet you shake your head reading all of our old people ailments.
                  I guess I'd be considered "young" compared to some of you folks (I'm in my early 40's) but with all my health issues, I often feel more like I'm in my 60's (I would be fine with retirement now too, haha)... so I guess I fit right in!

Speaking of dentists, I haven't been in over a decade. Have had no tooth pain or anything, but have noticed a couple of dark spots on a couple teeth (so maybe I need fillings at some point). In any case, I'll wait until the new government dental care program is in effect to go as I don't have insurance. I gotta say, the NDP has done a marvelous job in holding the Libs to account to implement that program (as well as pharma care now too).

And congrats QW! 5 years is huge!
                  Last edited by Mulburry; February 24, 2024, 10:32 PM.

Comment

deleted double post
                    Last edited by Mulburry; February 24, 2024, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Great to see you QW, and congratulations on 5 years free from the beast! You are an inspiration to me!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Let's get the breakfast out...

Comment

Good morning and Congrats to you QW on 5 years. Amazing accomplishment! Waiting for breakfast this morning and as always as I log out Cowboy will be logging in with a picture of a fabulous breakfast. LOL. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. I am reading a book about the child of the Mamas and the Papas, Mackenzie Phillips and how she grew up in a household with lots of drugs. Interesting so far. (Mul since you are our baby you have probably not heard of them). lol. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Thank you. I knew it was on the way!!!

Comment

I wish I would have quit drinking when I was your age [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], good for you for quitting when you did.

Great to see you again [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and huge congratulations on your 5 years!

Looks like I'll be out a few times today, we're supposed to get over 6" with blizzard like conditions by tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X