~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Mul, happy you're here and so proud of you for figuring out this stupid AL thing early on!

QW, five years! What an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations! Hope Mrs. QW is doing ok. 🙏

Thanks for brekkie, ABC. Be careful moving all that snow.

Home project for the neighbor today. Shouldn't be too difficult and won't include hands and knees work. Yesterday's hike was steep and rocky so I'll be babying the knee again for a few days.

No complaints though! Feeling blessed for sure. I'll take another!

Comment

Great to see you, QW! Congrats on your 5 years! You are a super star! I hope Mrs. QW is getting along ok.

Mul, my son is your age and he just recently got serious about kicking al to the curb. I am so happy for you and him, too! He's tried before so we shall see, but I feel like this time is different for him.

Cowboy, thanks for the great breakfast! Loved it! It sounds like you'll be getting a work out today with the shovel...

Ginger, make sure you go easy on that knee.

I was a huge Mama's & Papas fan, Rava! Loved their harmonies for sure.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I wish I would have quit drinking when I was your age @Mulburry, good for you for quitting when you did.
        I know it seems early to most of you but I probably drank enough for 3 or 4 lifetimes in that span. And to be honest, I quit mostly out of pure necessity; with my level of physical dependence escalation was hard to curb (though I tried my darndest) and that was a dark path towards death's door. And yet, I still wish I'd quit 5 years earlier (or better yet 10 years ha); it's hard to pin down for sure but I still feel like some of these health issues are related to drinking, even if some of them haven't been resolved by quitting.
        Last edited by Mulburry; February 25, 2024, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I think your lingering health issues could be rooted in al abuse too, Mul. It's poison. "Normal drinkers" are drinking poison in small doses. We here simply cannot do that. Long, long ago I could drink just one beer and stop. But that ended for me very early on. My "off switch" was faulty from the very start. It didn't take much to break it.

It's going to be unseasonably warm today around here.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, you hit the nail on the head. My off switch is broken too. I guess thats why we are all here. No amount of alcohol is good for you. It’s a poison and people are literally killing themselves yet we long to drink it normally if we could. How crazy is that. I think once I finally realized that I can never moderate I had to get serious. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please. Ginger, hope that knee is ok today. Cowboy how much snow did you get?

Comment

I managed to get out once yesterday and shovel, but then the storm blew in and it was time to just watch it out the window. It's still snowing and blowing this morning and supposed to continue till late this afternoon. I'm guessing we got around 10" so far, not sure how much it will end up to be but I think it will be a job for the snowblower instead of the shovel.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe! I actually slept in until 7:00 am, and it felt so good! I'm usually up at 4:00 so this was quite a treat!

I plan on having a booze free day, and hope that you all will join me!

Comment

If only..... I'm sure we all feel that way about the poison but we all know, no amount of AL is acceptable when it comes to our overall health. So happy my Cafe peeps have figured that out and are here for the support!

ABC, make a snow angel for us!

Knee is still cranky but not debilitating, yet. Didn't do a big walk yesterday. I'll try today to get out back. We shall see. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

4:47am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sorry about that knee pain, Ginger! I hope it disapates soon. Do you think you might see an orthopedic doctor about it at some point?

Yesterday was absolutely wonderful weather. Mr. D used it to do some pruning on his fruit trees. He is going to have to remove one of our favorite apple trees because it is old and diseased. But he is going to try grafting some limbs from it to one of our younger trees. I hope it works. The old tree produces red apples and he is grafting to one that produces yellow apples. Should be interesting!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Comment

Hopefully your knee get's better on it's own [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and doesn't need any kind of surgery.

I'll bet the extra sleep felt great [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Did you start back to work?

If the grafting does work [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it will be very interesting to see the results.

No snow angels yesterday lol, just a lot of work with the snowblower and shovel. Got it all cleaned up and Bubba was able to get her car out to go to work.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Tree grafting sounds interesting Dill. Ginger, hope that knee is better today. Cowboy, I cant even imaging 10 inches of snow. Thats a lot of snow blowing. Here on the other hand it’s supposed to be 80 and sunny. No complaints at all about this weather. Volunteer job this morning. Happy Tuesday Cafe! 24 more please and thank you!!

Comment

Yes cowboy, I did go back to work but it's only a couple of days a week; Just enough to keep me out of trouble.

Dill, we had very nice weather yesterday, and today it's supposed to be in the sixties. Not very February like at all.

24 more please...

Comment

Dill, grafting is a big deal up in Washington. I love everything about it! Good luck to Mr D on this project. Can't wait to hear about its success!

I'm going to contact my Dr here and ask about an orthopedic referral. My primary doc is here in AZ so heading home without knowing what's going on, is a little off putting. Waiting until we return doesn't sound like a very good Idea either. I kept thinking it would improve on its on but it's been 8 wks so maybe not?

Shoot, ABC. I sure was hoping to check in this morning to a lovely snow angel pic from you. Oh well, next time!

Anyway! Counting my blessings, that's for sure. I'll take another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X