~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. A quick check in as we are on the road. All good here. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

IMG_1635.jpg
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good to see you techie! It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now... always on the go!

Ginger, I would definitely have an ortho doc check out that knee, and hopefully he can get you some relief.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, hope you get that knee fixed. Maybe a cortisone shot? My hand feels totally normal after mine. Good to hear from you Techie!! Hi to everyone on this Wednesday. We are going to the gym and then the beach. Looks like a day with my kindle! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you again [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hope you keep stopping by from time to time if not everyday.

The cold continues here with more snow in the forecast for this weekend. Hope everyone has a great day today!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quick check in. Hi, Techie! Good to hear from you.

I'll gladly take another!!

Comment

A friend gave me "starter" for Amish Friendship Bread. I've been taking care of it since last week and today is finally day 10, baking day! It smells wonderful. Anybody have experience with the Amish Friendship Bread experience? Well, on day 10 you take the starter, add to it and then put a cup of the starter into 4 other ziplock bags to give to friends. So now I have 2 loaves baking and 4 cups of starter. I can only think of one person that might take some.... The whole process kind of reminds me of that old episode of the original Star Trek TV show titled, "The Trouble With Tribbles". Anyone remember that one?

I have my Stress test tomorrow at 7:30am so my check in here will likely be later in the day.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I do remember that Star Trek episode Trouble with Tribbles, and that's exactly what Amish friendship bread is like. I started some of that type of bread many years ago but I guess that I just got tired of keeping it going though.

Not much happening here except the possibility of a few inches of snow with gusty winds. The high yesterday was close to 60?F, but overnight the temperature plummeted to 20?. Brrr!

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Comment

Can't say as I've ever heard of Amish friendship bread [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'm going to have to Google it. Hope all goes well with your stress test and you pass with flying colors!

Comment

Good luck with the test, Dill. I do remember "The Trouble with Tribbles"! And as a kid, I remember that episode as my favorite!

Another gorgeous day to be alive and sober! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning. Dill, I am on day 5 of sour dough starter. I screwed it up last time so I am giving it another round. I bet your bread turns out great! I can smell it from here. Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Without going into details, I screwed up on a lab appointment, waited in line as a stand by and ended up being charged 500.00 with 2 medical insurances. I just got the bloodwork done and will fight with the insurance carriers later. I think I was 1 day shy of my “annual” date after looking at previous records. I know I will go down a rabbit hole when the bill actually comes. So on that note I will just move along sober!!! 24 more please and thank you. Maybe going back to bed would be a good start????

Comment

Sounds like a horribly frustrating day for you, Rava! I hope you can move on and not let it get you down. I bet you'll get the sour dough starter right this time around. I do love sour dough bread, that's for sure and certain. My Amish Friendship bread turned out great.

The stress test today was actually not all that bad! I worried for nothing! I did a chemically induced stress test as opposed to an old fashioned tread mill stress test and it was WAY easier! There was some discomfort and anxiety induced by the chemicals, but it was totally manageable.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; February 29, 2024, 12:18 PM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, so glad you made out well on your stress test. I would have done the chemical one as well. Glad it’s over for you. Can’t believe it’s already March. WOW where has the time gone. Today is going to be another sober day. God I would love some wine, but I know “some” means 2 bottles which will screw me up. No poison today! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X