No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the starter will work out fine this time [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and hopefully you won't have too much trouble with the insurance companies.

I haven't heard of the chemically induced stress test [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], how does it work? And glad yours went as good as it did.

Think I might run out to the farm today and check on things, if the lane doesn't need plowing yet it will probably need it next week as we're in for another weekend of snow.

Let's all have a fantastic Friday as we head into the weekend!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dill, glad that the stress test was easier than you thought it would be. I guess that it's true that our fears are greater than the actual event.

Sorry about your troubles with the insurance company Rava. $500.00 sounds like a lot of money for bloodwork. Is there any way that you can appeal their decision? Anyway, it's just not worth drinking over; you'll still have the bill to contend with compounded by a nasty hangover.

20?f here but the sun is shining, so it's a great day not to drink!

Comment

Dill, glad your test went well. Now for positive results!

Rava, I did the same thing not long ago and I had to file an appeal. It took awhile but they did eventually pay the bill. If you have to file an appeal, play up your "old brain". Lol

Waves to all my buddies! I'll take another day. :▪︎)

Comment

It's a cold and gloomy day, but we are supposed to get some good weather this weekend, so I'll just hang on.

Cowboy, the stress test can either be done by getting on a treadmill and going until the heart rate is elevated to the level necessary or it can be done by injecting a medication intravenously that gets the heart rate up to that level. They monitor the blood flow, etc. while that is going on. I have been able to read the test results online already but none of it means much to me. I'm going to have to have the doctor explain it at our follow up in 2 weeks.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
            Good luck with the test, Dill. I do remember "The Trouble with Tribbles"! And as a kid, I remember that episode as my favorite!
            I certainly remember it as well. As a child, whereas other kids would watch Saturday morning cartoons, I'd make sure to be up at 7am every Saturday to watch Star Trek. Of course as I grew up a bit I migrated to Next Gen (which was just starting up), the best and most favored of all the Treks!

Comment

Good morning cafe! I'm in for another 24 hours of peace...

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Thanks for the information about appealing the insurance. I will definitely do that if I am charged. And yes the old brain will definitely be mentioned. With the bloodwork I was particularly interested in Liver function tests and I literally thought I blew my liver out 2 months ago. Turns out the liver results were completely normal. I am relived and still vow to not repeat that stupid behavior. I feel lucky, so very lucky. Feel like a dodged a bullet on this. Wishing everyone a great and sober weekend. Cowboy, hope your snow is not too bad this weekend!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's good news about your liver [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and I'm presuming the rest or the results were just as positive.

Thanks for the explanation [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the only tests I had were the treadmill type.

No snow yet, but supposed to get 8 - 10" by Tuesday when it starts to let up.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. It is wonderful to be home. While we are quite busy, I plan to be checking in on a rather regular basis. Good new on the liver enzymes, Rava. I miss the Sunday check in, Cowboy. I always considered it an important feature of the forum. However, I realize that enthusiasm was lacking. Wishing you all the best weekend possible. Blessings x

IMG_1870.jpg
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great news about the liver enzymes, Rava!

I was a Star Trek fan as a child, and I also enjoyed Star Trek Next Generation. Of course I've been to all the Star Trek movies over the years.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Almost forgot to checkin! Headed out for a few days of adventure tomorrow but will try to check in.

Great news on the liver, Rava.

Greetings all! I'll take another.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                            With the bloodwork I was particularly interested in Liver function tests and I literally thought I blew my liver out 2 months ago. Turns out the liver results were completely normal. I am relived and still vow to not repeat that stupid behavior. I feel lucky, so very lucky. Feel like a dodged a bullet on this.
                            (I'm not a doctor so you probably shouldn't listen to me) but you're unlikely to blow your liver out with one drinking episode, it's usually a gradual decline over years of chronic drinking (which I'm well familiar with). That being said, it is of course always better for your liver not to drink at all! And good to hear your LFT''s fine!
                            I have a weird thing going with my liver where all my LFT's are back to normal, except my billirubin is higher than when I was drinking; no doctor has been able to explain it, but also don't seem to be that worried about it... so I'm trying not to be either, though I still find it a tad strange/disconcerting.

Comment

Good Sunday morning cafe! Looks like I'm too early for breakfast, so I guess that I'll come back later for leftovers.

Good to see you back techie!

Please join me in another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Welcome back Techie! Glad you are home. Mul, I understand what you mean about not blowing the liver out with 1 episode. Chronic drinking was a big part of my life, now it seems like the drinking was more binge as my brain is telling me that I cant drink for a while so drink all you can, fast and furious while you can. I don’t understand when that thought process started. Crazy. Life is better with NO booze which eliminates all the stupid chatter. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I am also too early for Cowboys breakfast. Happy Sunday Everyone! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X