No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched a few movies about the Iditarod [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], a very challenging race. Sad to hear about the moose though, hopefully none of the dogs or musher were hurt to bad.

Since it's -34C (-28F) here this morning, I'm thinking it's a good day to do a batch of cinnamon buns!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Sad news about the Iditarod. I have seen movies about that and it looks really grueling. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

That's terrible about the moose and pups. I hope they salvaged the meat.

Weird story, we hiked up a canyon looking for an agate bed. At the start there was a run down farm but was inhabited. I saw a young horse in the corral behind the house. As we continued up the canyon, there was a dead horse. It was probably there 8 months or so looking at the level of decomp. He had been freshly shod. He had a bullet wound center of his skull. That really got me. I made up a story that he was sick or hurt and the owner had no choice. We almost turned around but we didn't. Then we came upon another dead horse. This one much fresher. It too looked freshly shod. Looking at its teeth, I'd say 12yrs or so. He too had a single shot to the center of his skull. I almost threw up! I love horses and the thought of someone walking them out back and putting a gun to their heads was unthinkable. We high tailed it out of there! The "what ifs" were whirling in my brain. The young horse watched us as we jogged by. I wish I could have taken him with me. I worry for his fate. Hay is so expensive around here and I wonder if it just got too much to feed them and they couldn't stand to watch them starve. Who knows but it really shook me up.

So sadly, I had wine last night with hubby. Nothing big or stupid but still, we all know how this story ends, if left unchecked. I'll take a day of peace and sobriety, please and especially no dead animals.

Comment

Holy cow Ginger! That's so sad about the horses, and kind of creepy as well. Put yesterday behind you along with the wine, and move forward.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, that was awful. I am so sorry you had to see this and hope you can put this behind you. What a horrible day for you. Forget the wine today for sure, it will not lead to anything good. Hope everyone has a good day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's a terrible sight to stumble across [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I also wonder what the circumstances were that lead to the horses deaths. Surely there was other alternatives if it was just a matter of expensive feed.

Comment

Exploring was free of dead creatures yesterday. Thank God. I'm still a little shaken. But.... there was no AL last night! Life is so much better without it.

Thanks everyone for listening. I needed to get it out of my head. I'll take another day.

Comment

I'm glad you are moving forward and getting back on track. That was an awful experience for you. I am sure all of us would have been shaken up after coming across such sights.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, glad your day yesterday was better! It could only go up from that. Hope everyone has a great a sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

Ginger, how sad for those horses, and I hope that you can get those awful images out of your mind soon. It's surely not worth drinking over, even if it can temporarily erase those images from your brain.

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

Good to be home. The thoughts are fleeting but I will never forget it, I'm sure. I keep worrying about the one remaining horse in that coral. I bet I could have bought it cheap but then what would I have done with it. Ugh..... still processing but not using alcohol to do it!

Thanks for all your support. I'll take another day of freedom.

Comment

Had a good morning volunteering. It was a busy morning and the time went fast. I ran into an old friend/neighbor but was too busy to be able to chat with her. I'm sure she understood. We were both pleased tho, just to see each other. It's been many years!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Here's to another 24 hours for all of us!

Comment

Working...
                                X