No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I understand your struggle. It’s crazy how it sneaks up on you. Some days are just way harder than others. I feel your struggle!! Dill sorry about your plumbing issue. Speaking of that, we had to get a new whole toilet installed yesterday. Thats not cheap. Ugh. Hope everyone has a good and sober day. Easter is coming and we are invited to dinner at a home that has LOTS of alcohol. I need to start making a plan to help me get through this dinner. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good job staying away from the wine Rava! Here in n.y. the grocery stores only carry a few bottles of cheap wine. You have to make a special trip to a liquor store to get a better selection of wine. That's a plus for me, as it would be tough to stay out of the wine aisle for sure every time I bought groceries.

Dill, such a cool story about how you met Mr. D. It's funny how things turn out sometimes. Sorry about the water situation, and hope that you get it turned back on soon!

Booze sucks, so not today...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Do you have 2 wells and pressure systems dill? Funny you would have water in the yard hydrants but not in the house unless the problem lies in the supply line feeding the house.

It's amazing how expensive toilets can be Rava, there are so many options available now for toilets and seats that can run from cheap to very expensive.

Hopefully anyone experiencing cravings can bat them aside and enjoy the Easter weekend without having to white knuckle it. Y'all can do it!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, thanks for the reminder but I fear there will be white knuckles for me! I slipped again last night nothing huge but still.... I'm checking in and asking for an easy day. This is crazy!

Hi everybody! Don't give up on me!

Comment

Ginger, sorry you are struggling so! It's really amazing how it can just come out of nowhere. Hang in there. We would NEVER give up on you! We are all in this together.

Rava, make a plan and stick with it. It sounds like you are putting yourself in a difficult situation. If you can't gracefully beg off from the dinner then just hang tough. I know you can do it!

Cowboy, Mr. D had to shut off the supply to the house so he could work on the bath/shower. We do get our water from a well, and we didn't have to shut off the outdoor spigots. Mr. D is working on it right now. He is determined to have the water back on by today sometime.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I have had TONS of issues trying to access forum. Frustration is not a strong enough word. More to follow...
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                  Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I understand your struggle. It’s crazy how it sneaks up on you. Some days are just way harder than others.
                  Yup I hear that. Have had the first strong cravings in a while; the nice sunny weather (finally), sitting outside and hearing the neighbors party, smelling the cannabis smoke, and hearing them talk about the beer their drinking... that usually always does it.

Comment

Glad to see that you finally were able to sign in techie. Some of us have had more problems with it more than others. Hope that you get it straightened out soon. We've missed you!

Ginger, keep your chin up; this too shall pass.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      Rava Jude58 Ginger999 dill techie Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; March 30, 2024, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Just do what you have to Ginger, white knuckles and all. I know you can do this, just remind yourself that you can.

Did Mr D get the water back on yesterday dill? Not much fun hauling water a little bit at a time for daily needs.

Good to see get in somehow techie, hopefully everything with the log in problems will get sorted out soon.

Seeing others drink doesn't usually bother me Mulburry, but I must admit that some of the beer commercials still have a bit of a pull for me. Now seeing other people smoke, that's an entirely different story lol.

Comment

Yes, Cowboy! We have functioning indoor plumbing as of yesterday around 5pm. It was a long and frustrating job. I was the assistant that handed him tools and went to turn on and off the valves. We were pretty tired at the end of the day. Today will be the job of putting the built-in cabinet back in place and cleaning up. Mr. D has to repair some of the moulding that broke when we were removing the cabinet. Luckily he says he had a piece in the basement that will work. So, we will be back to normal here soon. Yay!

Techie, sorry you have had so much trouble getting back. We have missed you. and that's a fact!

Mul, I don't envy you your challenge! I am lucky to be living out on our little patch with no near neighbors to trigger me. Hang tough!

24 more please and thank you,

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, maybe some of your issues have to do subconsciously with you leaving soon. It’s definitely a stressor. Starting with the long drive home. Stay focused. You got this. Techie, I have had lots of issues with signing in also. What has finally worked for me is 1) I sign on and it does nothing, 2) I check into Cattleman Cafe 3) I go back and log in again and it works. This is the way I have been checking in all week. Maybe you could try that. It is frustrating as hell but this is what finally worked for me. Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober day. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

techie, have you tried a different browser? I think admin mentioned using Google Chrome until they get the kinks worked out. Sure would love an update on you and yours!

Rava, I think you might be right about the end of season. We've also lost 3 neighbors in the last 2 weeks. This happens living in an aging community but jeez!

Dill, glad you have your water back!

Fish fry was yummy last night but I enjoyed some low AL wine with dinner. I'm humbly asking for 24.

Comment

I can sympathize with you Ginger because I blew it and drank yesterday. Feeling like crap physically and emotionally.

Really looking forward to a sober day today!

Comment

Working...
                                X