~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for taking the lead, @diil . T-shirts for donating blood, eh? I have never been able to donate blood, too much travel to countries where malaria exists, mostly Central America. You can't give blood for ten years after a visit. Oh, well.
    Thanks for the info Ory, I'll keep reading more on meditation, it seems to have benefits far beyond what I ever imagined.
    Sounds like you got the doctor front sorted out Empy, that's important.
    Neighbor who has a weather station a block away says 3.35 inches of rain. We're way above normal here for the year. And normal here is about the same as Seattle, believe it or not. Not too much water in the basement as it came slow and steady. The sun is starting to break through, yea!
    Going for a walk with the dog.
    24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

7:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks dill, and great quote this morning! So I am taking the advice offered, who'd a thought a drunk could or would take advice lol, and getting other's more involved with the Club. Dill, SSD, and LC have agreed to do the daily quote for a week at a time. [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], have you figured out copy and paste on that new Mac yet? Anyone else who wants to volunteer, just let me know as I'm going to set up a schedule of who and when does the weekly quote post. Hope that's okay with everyone as I don't own this thread lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ori I checked out the link,defo something I'd hafta do in private or hubs might think I got into witchcraft and was trying to cast a spell on him or something haha thank you
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

9:24 and I would love 24 hours sober.

Comment

8:36 AM in Wisconsin. Please, could I please have 24 more sober hours?
            [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], I just sent you another PM, sweetheart.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!
              [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] - thank you for sharing! I have been wanting to add meditation to my daily routine. My husband and I
              tried a private guided meditation at home and it was super relaxing.

Hot and sweaty here in san diego - another 24 please.

Comment

A rainy Sunday here in Jersey, 64f @ 12:12 pm. Committing to another 24 hours.

:happy2: lol, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]; Sin City Witches. An it harm none do what ye will.

You can add me to your list [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Am back on my weekly quit after having a slip on Saturday. Had lovely salmon salad/chips so here’s for 24

Comment

I know from experience what is known as "the bubble". Like alice in wonderland and the yellow brick road. You feel, yes I've made it and you feel awesome. Then fall flat on your face when you meet the witches. I've been told there is a reason they have the chip system setup the way they do in AA because those are the instances when people relapse. The typical bubble being 1 and 3 months. At 6 months often people assume, well one drink won't hurt. You are confident. I've made that mistake and it cost me dearly. For me it feels different this time. Different type of bubble. Things are not great, but i have 0 cravings. I can speak about it objectively and read posts and not be triggered. The typical anxiety of early post withdrawal is non existent. Usually I'd be anxious and thinking about having a drink. What ever this gabapentin, mirtazapine, naltrexone, campral (yes crazy mix) is doing is something completely different. Gabapentin being the one that I would say is the marked difference and the latest added. I don't suffer SE's really, so I'm blessed. Though I did stay up until the sun came up lastnight. Totally messed my sleep schedule up.

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], keep trying. I can't recall your age range. Sounds like you are a binge drinker and not a daily drinker? Lets hope you make it past your next weekend Good luck on the 24!

Some words of advice for everyone. Once it doesn't become a struggle and a focus on the mind or you eliminate environments (people, places, things) or stress it gets easier. I'm not sure if you know what H.A.L.T (halt) is but pay attention to it. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.

24 for me too please And no not a case of beer!
                    Last edited by empyr3al; September 4, 2017, 12:27 AM.
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], sorry we all hijacked your thread! I'll see if I can do a weekly quote.
                      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.
                        ~Gillian Anderson

I like this quote but was thinking that in some cases, it is "inaction" that is the key! Inaction can be a form of action. To not buy, or to not drink, not get in the car to go to the state store, not go to the bar, those types of inaction in our particular cases are actually a form of action! And often times take a great deal of courage and strength. For me, perseverance is the true key. Never give up, even in the face of failure!

Another 24 for me and my fellow travelers, please.
                        Last edited by dill; September 4, 2017, 06:35 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5 am on the dot in Vegas! Another 24 please Empry, I absolutely believe in the 1,3 month out PAWS,even my doctor said to expect it and I've read enough articles and blogs about it, the thing is and I know from experience that a person has to just hold on tight,get through and it passes,its the holding on while going through it that sucks!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more for me please.

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] @ [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

You're right dill, a lot of times inaction is the best way. It's like the old saying, if you've got nothing good to say, then don't say anything.

No one is hijacking the thread empyr, discussion is what it's all about. I just figured the thread was stalling a bit and thought it was time for a change, nothing changes if nothing changes as they say! I know not everyone likes my idea of help and support and by making the thread less about "me" it may encourage others to join in.
                              Last edited by abcowboy; September 4, 2017, 07:43 AM.
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, I never seen you be a thread hog here or make it about"you" I've always thought we've all done a great job of sharing and checking in equally, we're all in this together right?

Comment

Working...
                                X