No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

techie, so glad to hear you're well! I worry... looking forward to hearing what you've been up to!!

ABC, I got the oil changed in my jeep yesterday. $147! In the old days, I'd change the oil myself (out of financial necessity). I can't even imagine doing that now!

Off to watch the greats for mom to work a few hours. Waves to all my Cafe friends! I'll take another.

Comment

Good morning cafe! I've been having cravings for booze lately, but I just have to remember to not take that first drink!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I could not log on yesterday. I tried about 3 times and the website would not connect to the server. Techie so great to know you are doing well. Looking forward to hearing what you have been up to. Jude I too am having those cravings. Everyday around 3 or 4 pm I struggle. Once 6 pm rolls around I am ok again. Its ridiculous. Ginger, hope those aches and pains go away. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you. Everytime I go to post it says I have to post a photo??? What the heck is going on.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had a bit of trouble logging in yesterday as well Rava, but finally got in after a few tries. Not sure what's going on about the picture issue though. You and Jude know that you can get through those urges, keep telling yourself that you don't drink.

The tires set me back $1750, but the fellas at the tire shop said I had an upper ball joint on the drivers side starting to get some play in it. They are going to give me a quote on fixing that and I'll get the guys at Veg Ford to check it out and give me a quote as well when the truck is in for its service today. I used to do the oil changes myself as well Ginger, probably still would but the regulations on disposing of the used oil and filters makes that harder to do now.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quick check in. I'll take another!

Comment

Sorry you had issues logging in, Rava. I don't know what the deal was with the picture, but I did enjoy seeing that shore bird photo! Thanks

Wow, that's a lot of money for those tires, Cowboy! But everything just seems to be off the charts expensive now a days!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Geez cowboy, are those tires gold plated? That's a lot of dollars for tires, but I guess it's not something that you can do without.

Well, we bought a scooter yesterday and drove down to Pennsylvania to pick it up. Today we're off to the DMV to get it registered and pick up new plates. Mr. J is itching to drive it. It's A 650cc and I'm a little intimidated by its size, but I'll work on that.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Congrats Jude. Maybe you could post a pic of your new scooter! Looking forward to hearing about your travels on it. Cowboy ouch on the tire price but that seems about right now with today’s economy. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

4:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Tires sure are expensive but I like to have decent tires under me since I spend so much time on the road. These tires should last a lot longer than the two years I got out of the last set since I'm not doing near as much work as I used to.

Congrats on the scooter purchase Jude, 650cc does seem big for a scooter but I guess you'll have no lack of power or speed. I too would love to see a pic of it.

Comment

Jude, I looked up a 650 scooter. Looks like a motorcycle to me! Lol Is it a 2 seater?

I had acupuncture on my knee yesterday. I see no improvement this morning but I'll try it a couple more times before I say it didnt help.

Off to workout. I'll have to modify some. Just hate to miss it. It's good for my psyche!

I'll take another!

Comment

Well, that's some pretty exciting news, Jude! I'm sure you'll enjoy getting familiar with it!

Ginger, I hope the acupuncture helps. I think it does often take more than one session. I've never personally tried acupuncture, so I don't have much to offer on that topic!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, I once knew a farrier that swore by acupuncture. Years of shoeing horses did a number on his back and the only thing that helped it was acupuncture. Maybe you could try another couple of sessions and see if it helps.

Mr.J and I took the scooter out for a ride yesterday and it was a blast! I have to get a learners permit and then eventually a motorcycle license.

Looks like a good day not to drink!

Comment

That sounds like so much fun, Jude! I'm excited for you.

Finally we are having perfect hay weather! But we haven't seen our farmer friend or his daughter come just yet. Hope they get started today.

We had some excitement here this week. A police officer appeared in our driveway and informed us he had reason to believe there was a stolen vehicle back in our woods! The local pd were trying to locate it and the GPS in the vehicle showed that it was in our way back woods near our hayfield. Mr. D offered to drive him back in our Ranger to hunt for it. Well, sure enough! It was the craziest thing! Apparently the car was stolen by a group of teens. They were joy riding when they happened to see a state highway patrol vehicle parked on a country road. He's always parked there because he is on a detail to protect the governor who lives on that road. They panicked and decided to drive OFF the road and into a cornfield. They went the length of the cornfield and then drove over a broken down woven wire fence into our hayfield. They drove the length of that hayfield and found an opening into the woods. (Mr. D has made several paths for the Ranger in our woods). They went down that path, crashed into a tree and got stuck in the mud. They abandoned the vehicle and found their way out of the woods and emerged about two miles away onto a country road where they proceeded to steal ANOTHER car in an attempt to get back home. They crashed that one too. These guys were good at stealing cars but not so good at driving them... In the end we learned that they had stolen a total of 3 cars that night and totaled 4. They were eventually apprehended as they arrived back in the nearby city they had come from. It's about 10 miles from our town.

Today will be a good day not to drink.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.
                                Last edited by dill; June 8, 2024, 05:28 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X