~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any success finding a gym, Rava?

I got a bit of good news over the weekend. Our daughter and her boyfriend have decided to make it official and marry! It's the second marriage for each of them and between them they have 4 children. I'm really pleased about it and happy for all of them. It seems like a good fit all the way around.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 48 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
      Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Guess my head wasn't on straight Sunday morning lol, I didn't forget breakfast, I posted it in the Newbies Nest Roll Call! Anyway, the building material offload went fairly good, nothing was damaged and no one got hurt. The lot is full of lumber and building supplies though! Their lot isn't right on the lake Jude, there is one row of cabins between them and the lake so it's only a short walk down to the lake. Sounds like we'll be building the cabin only on his days off so this will be a long project.

Hopefully your acupuncture went well Ginger and you'll start feeling the results soon.

Did you find a gym that offers what you're looking for Rava?

That's great news dill! Will the wedding be just a small family gathering or something bigger? any date set?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger yes we do have an LA fitness in Florida but not here. So we joined Planet Fitness which allows us to freeze membership. There is also a Planet Fitness in Florida but we love our local gym there so will still freeze it and use the other gym. Dill that is wonderful news about your daughter. The more the merrier! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. We are headed to the gym. Need to keep moving. Ginger, I hope you are feeling better as well. Hi to Techie!!! Hey Jude! Cowboy and Mul too! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Off to Walla Walla this morning til Thursday. Knee is the same but I'm still hopeful. I've started trying to find a primary doc here so I can get an ortho referral. So far, everyone I called isn't taking new patients and if they are, they aren't taking Medicare patients. Ugh

Rava, glad you found a solution to the gym. You're so right about the need to keep moving.

Hi to all my Cafe friends! I'll take another.

Comment

Dill, that's exciting news about your daughter getting married. Are they going to have a big wedding or a small one?

Yesterday it was so damp and cold that we had to fire up the wood stove! It's supposed to warm up to the upper 80's later in the week. Strange weather for sure.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

That's funny about the breakfast, Cowboy! Oddly enough, I didn't even notice I missed breakfast on Sunday. I've been dieting! LOL

The cabin project sounds like it will take some time. I don't know if I mentioned it before but we got a new neighbor some 5 years ago. They bought the woods next to us and started building a cabin about 5 years ago. They're doing it like Adam. Just doing it a little at a time. It looks really great though!

Our daughter is not having a big wedding. They can't afford it right now because they just bought that house together.

Jude, our weather is strange right now, too. It's unseasonably cool but at least it's not raining. We actually turned our furnace on day before yesterday! The weather man is calling for a stretch of hot weather in the next day or so though.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; June 12, 2024, 06:22 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, your daughter is smart. A wedding last one day, a house well thats another story. So happy for her and her new blended family. Wishing everyone a great day! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:

Comment

Have fun in Walla Walla Ginger.

He's hoping to get the cabin weather proofed this year, then finish up all the interior work next year dill. They didn't want to go into too much debt for the cabin. Sounds like the house purchase versus a big wedding was a smart idea anyway!

Rainy and cool here as well, at least for the next couple of days anyway. Good time to start on my railroad expansion I think.

Comment

Dill, I forgot to say congrats on your daughter's wedding plans! They are smart to skip spending big money on a wedding. I've never understood it, myself. But... as you all have figured out by now, I'm a little odd. Lol

Enjoying family time! I'll take another.

Comment

Dill, looks like we're in for a stretch of hot and humid weather here as well. As much as I don't like the heat, it sure beats 50
                          Last edited by Jude58; June 13, 2024, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I've tried 3 times to finish the above post but keep losing it. 24 more please...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We had a great beach day yesterday. Picking up the grands from the school bus this afternoon. This is about it for me today. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. I am still struggling every damned afternoon. I don’t understand why I have to fight it everyday. I want to have a day where I dont even think about it. 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X