No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, Rava. It's just so damn hard and stupid!! Oh well, counting my blessings and staying the course.

Comment

Just home from volunteering so it's a late check in for me. The weather finally feels like summer. I'll be complaining about the temps in the 90's in a day or so.

24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hang in there Rava and Ginger. Sometimes the summer months bring on cravings for me as well. We took the scooter out yesterday for a long drive, and while passing through one of the towns I saw some people sitting outside of a restuarant with glasses of wine. Man, I so wanted to be one of them! The urge did pass quickly though, which was a relief. Just don't take that first drink and you will be ok.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The more you distance yourself from drinking Rava, the struggles will get easier and fewer of them. Hang in there ladies, you got this!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Thanks Jude, I see others casually having “a glass” of wine. Damned those normal people! LOL. I secretly hate them. Anyway, so far I am staying the course. My confidence level is somewhat low but I will push through. I am so lucky that Mr. R is not a drinker. He can have that one glass and nurse it all night. I come from a family of guzzlers. A friend of mine who lives here wants us to meet them at happy hour and I told her I would rather meet her at the beach for a beach day. I feel more comfortable in that setting. A happy hour at this point would completely make me unravel. I hope everyone is having a good day so far. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Happy hour is not worth the misery that will result!

How's that knee doing, Ginger? Did the second acupuncture make a difference?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; June 14, 2024, 06:54 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Home from our little trip, planning another over the 4th.

I think my problem is the knee. It's kicking my ass and it makes me want to drown my sorrows but we all know that isnt what happens!

The second treatment did nothing. Instead of exercise, I'm headed to urgent care. They said they'd refer me to ortho, if they deemed it necessary. We will see!

I'll take another. Enjoy this summer weather!

Comment

The weather finally feels like summer. I'll be complaining about the temps in the 90's in a day or so.
                    I for one am loving this unseasonably cool (spring-like) weather we've been getting, it's been a bit mixed but we've gotten plenty of sun; it's nice to be able to actually go out and enjoy being in the sun instead of cowering from it. Not looking forward to summer heat.

Also, too bad about the Oilers, I think they're done now unfortunately. It was a good run but it's tragic to get sooooo close but not win it (I hope MacDavid gets another shot).

Comment

Heading off to the farmers market this morning. Hope that everyone has a great day!

24 more please...

Comment

Nice cool morning here! I think we are heading off to the grocery to buy some T-bones for father's day tomorrow. I hope they still have some left. They were on special this week.

Nice to see you Mul! Our weather has been spring-like, but Spring officially ends this week and the forecast isn't encouraging.

Ginger, did you get the referral you were hoping for? Fingers crossed!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I hope you get that knee sorted out. Nothing worse than constant pain, especially in a limb that you use constantly! Jude, I am headed to our local farmers market too. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully things went well at Urgent Care Ginger, did you get a referral or did they discover what the problem is?

Enjoy the farmer's markets Jude and Rava, there's usually always some good deals on food items at them.

T-bone steak! Mr D is a lucky man dill!

Ya Mulburry, it was nice to see the Oilers in the Stanley Cup finals, I hope they don't go out in a sweep at least.

I'm taking Bubba and her mom to a neighbor's out by the farm today to attend a 90th birthday party for the neighbor lady. She's doing quite well for her age and lives by herself but her son and daughter-in-law live in the same yard so they are able to check up on her and give her a hand when she needs it.

Comment

Hi Mul, I'm enjoying this weather too. Although, when it gets hot around here, it gives me an excuse to head to the coast for a few weeks. My other happy place.

Urgent care went great. I got an older woman that felt my pain. Haha. She drew off 90cc of fluid and injected it with cortisone. She did feel, what she believes is a small meniscus tear so she referred me to ortho. Fingers crossed it doesn't take months to get in. Range of motion has improved now that it's not so swollen.
                                Thanks for asking everyone!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. I'll take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X