No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Cafe. It’s going to be hot and humid here today as well. I will be sitting on the porch in the shade with a fan. LOL. Saw the grands yesterday and spent 5 hours on the road up and back for the visit. It was fun and great to see them. We just got a new flag hanging and i love it. Represents police, fire and military. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you. I fought hard not to drink yesterday and won. No booze. Yay.
    Attached Files

Comment

I've never watched that movie dill, but then I'm more of an action movie type of guy haha.

I love to see when people fly flags Rava, and your new one is great!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Love the flag, Rava! I'd hate to think of life without those brave souls.

Dill, I remember that movie but couldn't tell you a thing about it. Hope you enjoy it, even if it is sad! I listen to several technology podcast casts and they all agree, the movie theaters are going the way of the dinosaur. I haven't been to the theater in years. It cost so much to take three grands that I found other fun things to do with them after that.

Not sure why my post cut off from yesterday. But I'm here and asking for another!

Comment

I have not been to a movie theater in years. Whatever is playing usually comes out in DVDs or on streaming devices a few months later. Not really excited about the cost of tickets these days either.

Rava, congrats on winning the battle of the booze yesterday! ODAT!

24 more please...

Comment

Rava, I love your new flag! I have seen the thin blue line flag before. In fact, our neighbor across the road has one painted on her shed. But the flag with the blue, red and green stripes is new to me. Love it!

I watched the first part of the movie yesterday. I decided to watch it in parts because Mr. D isn't interested in seeing it again and I don't want to dedicate a big block of time to it, It is a movie about "first love". Liza Minnelli plays the main female role. I haven't got to the sad part yet but it won't be long.

We were right, Cowboy: yesterday was a good day not to drink!

Jude, the last movie I went to was the last Downton Abbey movie. Usually in the past we only went to blockbuster action films on the big screen. But we chose a simple drama that last time because we asked my gf to come as well and she loved the Downton Abbey series.

Ginger, have you got an appointment scheduled with an ortho? I hope you have found relief since you got the treatment at the urgent care.

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Bubba and I have gone to a few movies at the theatre here in Veg, there are some movies that just seem better when watched on the big screen. We'll be watching for when the new "Twisters" movie gets here as that's one I want to see in the theatre.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Beautiful day here today with low humidity. Heading out to lunch with some neighbors today. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

No appt yet, Dill. I've been bugging them daily! I have had some relief, thankfully. It's at that point where it feels just on the verge of something going really wrong. I'm trying not to over do, until I can be seen.

All this sitting has allowed me to complete my very first quilt. I'm giving it to my great granddaughter for her 1st birthday coming up the end of the month.

Rava, enjoy your lunch out today! ABC, I love a good catastrophe movie. Is that what Twisters is? Not heard of it.

Howdy, Jude! Hope we all have an easy day! I'll take another

Comment

Cowboy, I didn't know that there is a new twister movie coming out. I definitely would like to see it.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I hope you get seen soon! Nothing new here except we got a crab trap and put it out last night. We checked it and had 2 crabs in it. Left them in there and will check it later today. Fingers crossed that I have enough to steam. It’s the little things in life. LOL. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you. It says i have to upload a picture????? So here is a picture of a horse. Haha
                        Attached Files

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Ya, it's a disaster movie Ginger, a spin-off of the original Twister movie from years ago starring Helen Hunt. It was a pretty good movie, the special effects were pretty cool. And keep after them for that ortho appt! I think the new movie is coming out on July 19th. Jude, and I saw the trailer on IMDB.

Hope the lunch with your neighbors was enjoyable Rava, and you get a few more crabs to enjoy a good meal. Not sure why you have to post a picture, but that was a good pic of the horse!

Comment

Rava, your pic reminded me of one of my favorite books when I was a kid, "Misty of Chincoteague". I may reread it this summer! Thanks for that.

I called again yesterday and got my appointment for Aug 1. They also put me on a cancelation wait list. Progress!

I'll take another!

Comment

Glad you finally got an appointment, Ginger! Yay!

Thanks for the picture, Rava. It was pretty! Hope you trap enough crabs to steam them.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X