~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dill View Post
    Mul, did you used to live down in our neck of the woods or are there June bugs in your neck of the woods? We still contend with stink bugs around here as well. I've always had to deal with June bugs even as a kid, but the stink bugs are new to this area within the last 20 years. I really hate those things! We live in an old farm house with lots of ways for bugs to find a way in. Stink bugs invade every fall. At least the June bugs just live outside.
    In my neck of the woods (interior BC), literally in the woods too, haha. Like I said though, June bugs we only had a few here and there, they weren't very common in that area (and yes they stayed outside thankfully).. Yup, stink bugs were the worst, I also grew up in an old farmhouse and they would, like you said, invade every fall. Some years were just horrible. I always hated the start of the fall cause back to school and stink bug season pretty started at the exact same time.

Monday evening we put on our swim trunks and walked down to the lake for a swim. I can't remember the last time I went swimming in a lake but it was sure a fun and refreshing way to cool off after working all day in the heat!
    Nice! i just went for dip in the river the other day. It was pretty cold (mountain water) but so refreshing!

Comment

The cabin is coming along nicely cowboy, can't wait to see the finished project.

Yesterday was a pretty scary kind of day with so many severe t-storms, and at one point there were even tornado warnings. Thankfully, none touched down near us, so I'm grateful for that.

My sisters are flying in today, and tomorrow we head for the beach. Yay! It will be difficult to stay away from the booze during this vacation, but I am committed to staying sober.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Jude, I have every confidence in you. I know you will enjoy yourself, and you will be so happy to be able to fully be present and have clear memories of this trip.

Mul, I have really bad memories of the stink bugs in the fall! OMG. I had one year where no one was occupying the upstairs bedrooms, and the stink bugs took over. They crawled into the pillow cases, under the mattresses, under the blankets...Everywhere! There were hundreds of them! That was a real nightmare. We started spraying the exterior of the house that year to try to kill them before they found entry into the attic crawl spaces. The strategy worked. The next year we still had them, but nowhere near that bad.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We were supposed to get t-storms last night as well Jude, but nothing materialized. I'm thinking I'll have to fill Bubba's rain barrel with town water if we don't get some rain soon. You're going to have a great time with your sisters and friends without touching a drop! Every morning just say to yourself "not today".

We don't have any June or stink bugs up here, must be too far north, but I do remember them as a kid growing up in Sask.

Anothe scorcher of a day forecast today, a good day to stay indoors and maybe do some railroading.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

All this bug talk creeps me out! Yuk! In the pillow cases?

Watched the greats two days in a row and I'm officially pooped. I bought an air conditioner for my garage/craft room and plan to install that this morning, cool that area down and spend time out there finishing a quilt. Life is good!

Jude, you are going to have so much fun! You got this Can you post a pic of the beach where you are going? I've never been to that area of the country.

Hi, to all my Cafe pals! Ill take another.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                Mul, I have really bad memories of the stink bugs in the fall! OMG. I had one year where no one was occupying the upstairs bedrooms, and the stink bugs took over. They crawled into the pillow cases, under the mattresses, under the blankets...Everywhere! There were hundreds of them! That was a real nightmare.
                Ugh. Ya I hated getting them in my bed, I'd do a "stink bug check" every night clearing my room before going to bed. They were the worst in my dad's room upstairs at least, but he seemed to not care at all. One year, when the fires were really bad (I think they got smoked out of the forrest) we came back from camping and there were literally locust like swarms of them; I couldn't get out of the vehicle with multiple of them landing on me. Most of my memories of growing up on a rural acerage in the forrest were fond ones, but those were certainly not.

Good luck (break a leg?) to all those battling temptations this weekend! The summer weather always seems to bring on thirst.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I just realized after reading all the posts that I completely forgot to post yesterday. June bugs are awful. I have not personally had any experience but have heard a lot about them. My daughter said she uses dryer sheets and wipes down her car fenders to keep the bugs off. Cowboy, love the pictures of the tiny home. It’s looking great. We are supposed to get a new recliner delivered today. It will probably be too big for my living room but comfort is driving my decision to pick a comfortable chair. LOL. We are spending the weekend with the grands so I do not plan on drinking. Wishing everyone a great weekend. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    Jude58 dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hope your drive is good Jude and you arrive safe and sound!

I'll bet you're enjoying that a/c unit Ginger, I know I'd be dying from the heat without ours.

A little space can be sacrificed in the name of comfort Rava, enjoy the new chair and the time with your g-kids.

Comment

Not at the beach yet but headed there soon!

24 hours please...

Comment

Ok, Ginger, no more bug talk!

Nothing like a good recliner, Rava!

Safe travels, Jude.

24 more for me, please.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, at our ages comfort is of utmost importance! We've earned it. Enjoy the grands!

Speaking of comfort, the air conditioner is great. Took 24 hours to get the temp down from 98 to 72 but it's holding there now! Yay.

I was over in the toolbox looking for the name of a book I read early in my quit. It was full of good health facts and drinking psychology written by a young man. I thought when I found Allen Carr's book that was it but as I listen to it, it's not. Do any of you have recommendations? Trying to reinforce my quit!

Have an AF blast, Jude! I'll take another!

Comment

Sorry Ginger, I have no clue. But if you track it down, I hope you will share the title here. I'm glad the AC is working out well!

We're doing the two hour drive to go visit with Mr. D's brother and other family. It's going to be a group celebration of July birthdays. There are 4 family members with birthdays in July.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good morning cafe! We stayed at a friends house last night and there was a lot of booze floating around, and other than an occasional urge to drink, I felt pretty strong in my quit. Feel great this morning, but anxious to get to the beach. I'll try to get some pics and post them here.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Working...
                                X