"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Oops.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

it's 7:12 here and I'm looking for 24 af hours..

Comment

I always like to keep my sobriety in the 24hrs. Always my most important chip in my phone card so I can see it every day & that is the 24hr one !

Xcatch22X
            Last edited by catch22; September 6, 2017, 12:57 AM.
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Risk is trying to control something you are powerless over.
              Eric Clapton

24 more, please.

Anyone ever read the Clapton Autobiography? It was a good read. I find it amazing that he managed to maintain his sobriety after the loss of his four year old son! The story of his battle against addiction was inspirational to me. This song was born out of that battle. In his book "Clapton" he says "It was like a moment of clarity when I saw the absolute squalidness of my life at that moment. I began to write a song called “Holy Mother,” in which I asked for help from a divine source, a female that I couldn’t even begin to identify. I still love that song, because I recognize that it came from deep in my heart as a sincere cry for help.":

Last edited by dill; September 6, 2017, 05:42 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I did read his story and found it amazing after all the drug and alcohol use that he still was able to create a good life. He is one of the lucky ones. Miss talking to you about books.

Comment

4:59 in Vegas another 24 please thanks for sharing Dill,I'm amazed at some of these rock stars who partied hard back in the day and are now sober and still going on with their careers
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you in the Club and Café Catch!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more for me please

Comment

69 f and cloudy here in Jersey at 10 in the morning. Committing to another 24!
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Finishing this 24 sober. Have a bad bad headache and tummy problems. Have taken too much OTC. Going to lay down soon.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - You are one the most thoughtful and sweet people that we've all had the pleasure to know at MWO. I bet your truly like this in real life. Please try not to feel shame. As if you are suppose to be current on everything that's going on. Thank you again for your prayers. Thank you for listening. Hope when the shame and guilt hit me that you or someone will encourage me to let go and let God. I can be too conscientious at times. Believe its a mark of kind people. Think many of us deal with these thoughts - feelings. May our confidence continue to grow with our sobriety-recovery. May we be kind to ourselves.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - Yes its that fire. There are to many happening here and elsewhere. We may get rain tom. The Chetco Bar Fire out of Brookings (south coast) has burned 176, 000 acres. Only 5% containment. Hoping and praying for everyone that's experiencing horrific, catastrophic weather events. Thankful, it hasn't so far affected Bull Run Water Shed. About a million people would be without drinking water.
                          Last edited by Wildflowers; September 6, 2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

8:07 here and i'm looking for 24 hours af!!
                            thanks for the song and quote, Dill..
                            and thinking of you, Wildflowers.:hug:

Comment

The road to success is always under construction.
                              -Lily Tomlin

24 more for me and all who seek it!

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], thank you for your kind words. I hope you are feeling better today!
                              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I hope you enjoyed the song. Have you ever seen him perform it with Pavarotti? I saw it on youtube a few year ago for the first time, but not when he first performed it. My mother, God rest her, used to be a huge fan of Pavarotti. I bet she saw the performance when it was on TV. That's a nice thought and oddly comforting.
                              Last edited by dill; September 7, 2017, 07:04 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 for me. Saw doc after over a couple months without Valium. He saw what I was trying to do and enabled repeat prescriptions of both Valium and Baclofen knowing I had the responsibility to handle it .Have just had a 5mg 15mins ago and it has helped so much . He also wanted me to keep keep in touch with any further issues with al and cigs .

And oh yes, Pavarotti with U2 . Miss Sarajevo The true power of Pavarotti .Beautiful YouTube

Further update. Valium is the ultimate AL tool when used properly for the right reasons and I will be using this through my AL cig quit for the coming week .Nothing I've ever used has come close to it
                                Last edited by Neo; September 7, 2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X