No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Jude, I'm sorry about the class. Next time you'll know what you're in for. Too bad they don't offer a senior class. I'd be completely intimidated in a class of 20 something men. Ugh!

Well, if this is a light case of shingles, I'd hate to have a normal case! Covid is running rampant around here. ER was packed yesterday when my niece worked. Hope I can stay clear of that! It's all I'd need. Lol

May we all have an easy day. I'll take another!

Comment

Jude, that sounds like a situation that would have put me over the top anxiety-wise! Maybe you would actually do better to try again with your husband as instructor? I don't know. But I don't think you should give up on the idea of learning to ride based on the experience you had the other day. Maybe call the instructor back and ask if there are any classes offered more suitable to seniors. As fragile as I feel right now in the wake of my recent slip, I would have been extremely challenged to get home from there empty-handed I'm afraid. It's amazing how a slip can set you back...

Ginger, I hope you get over the shingles soon! It sounds awful. I'm so glad you found someone who could treat you! I have had the shingles vax but I had been told by my doctor that it is still possible to get it as Jude said, just milder.

24 more hours, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks all for your comforting words. In the future, I may have Mr. J try to teach me, but right now I am totally intimidated about attempting to ride again. My self- confidence is really in a shambles now, so for the time being I'll settle for riding, not driving. After the class I was so upset that I nearly stopped and got a bottle of wine but I knew that it would only make me feel worse the next day.

Ginger, I hope that the shingles gets better sooner rather than later. I know how painful it can be.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Granddaughter turns 13 today! We'll be celebrating with cake and ice cream later today.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
            Jude58 Rava Ginger999 dill

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

How about Sunday breakfast on a Monday morning!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Enjoy the cake and ice cream with your gdaughter dill!

Not a bad idea to get some lessons and driving experience from Mr J Jude, then re-take the course when you feel more comfortable.

Comment

Good morning. Jude, hopefully after some lessons from Mr. J. Your confidence level will improve. I give you so much credit as I would not even take the class to begin with! Also proud that you did not drink. That in itself is positive. Dill hope you enjoy your grand daughter’s birthday. Ginger, get well soon and do NOT get covid. Shingles is no joke. Thinking of you. Cowboy, thanks for the wonderful breakfast yesterday. I reheated mine this morning! Glad you liked Twisters. Hope everyone has a great and sober Monday.

Comment

Thanks for the breakfast, Cowboy!

Here's a good news story to read with it:

Sober bars find their footing as mocktails and alcohol free drinks rise in popularity | CNN

Looks like we are actual ground-breakers here!
                    Last edited by dill; July 29, 2024, 12:24 PM.
                    Dill

Comment

Dill, happy birthday to your teenager! Enjoy the celebration.

Jude, I'm so impressed that you'd even try to learn to ride. I'd need at least three wheels on anything motorized!

ABC, that's a delicious Monday morning brekkie. Yummo!

Skipping workout. Rash is moving down the back of my arm and it's numb and tingling. Can't wear a bra either! (Sorry, ABC - TMI?) I'm sooooo thankful this is happening now and not two weeks from now when we are at the beach!

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy! Yummy!

Yesterday I had surgery to remove an area of skin cancer on my neck. Pretty sore today, but I'm just glad that it was caught early enough to nip it in the bud before it had spread. If you don't do so already, please see a dermatologist every year for a complete skin exam. It can save your life.

24 more please...

Comment

So glad you caught that early and I hope your recovery is quick, Jude! Mr. D has regular scans as he has a history of pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions. I haven't done a full body scan as my doc hasn't suggested it yet. She is very cautious and thorough, and I trust her so much. I'll ask her about it next appointment. Thanks for the reminder.

We had so much fun yesterday!

From time to time, I come across news articles that alcohol use us going down especially among the young. Have any of you heard that anywhere?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you,
                          Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, hope that shingles mess calms down for you and you are back to your normal routine soon. Jude, so glad you took care of that skin cancer. That is good that you got it early. Dermatologists here are very hard to get an appointment. In Florida they are everywhere so we have a doc in Florida who has found several cancers on Mr. R. You can never be too careful. Dill, sober bars are a good idea. Hopefully they will become more and more popular. I know they are selling lots of gummies and hemp infused cocktails to replace alcohol. I know many people are against that but I can honestly say I have used gummies to help sleep but alcohol is definitely my drug of choice. I don’t feel that I am trading one for the other. It’s definitely a personal choice and alcohol is my poison. I hate it. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully the shingles don't get any worse Ginger, and that they clear up soon. And just for your information, I don't wear a bra either lol.

Good to hear that you caught that skin cancer early and had it removed Jude. I'm pretty careful about keeping an eye out for spots on my skin as I spent a lot of time outdoors not covered up in my younger days as I grew up right across the street from the city swimming pool.

I've read that as well dill about the younger generation moving away from drinking. All of our kids and their spouses are very light drinkers and a few are non-drinkers as well. Two mocktail bars have recently opened in Edmonton and it will be interested to see how well they do.

Alcohol was always my poison as well Rava. I did experiment with a few drugs in my very younger years but now I stay away from anything that might be even a little addicting to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X