• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

4:53 am another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], I will watch. The Pavarotti/Clapton version of Holy Mother is my favorite, but I wasn't sure how many others here would enjoy it. Glad your doc is working with you and helping you with the meds. Always happy to see you check in!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Checking in on a cool clear morning here, just beautiful. Glad not to be hungover so I can enjoy it.
          But I am worried about those in the path of Irma. Including my Mom and sister, I also have many friends in Florida. I also know several here on MWO are in the path. Be safe all. Hope Irma takes a hard right soon.
          Always loved the songs of rock stars with Pavarotti, especially Miss Sarajevo, Neo.
          Here's to 24 more for all of us.

Comment

Please - Give each of us 24 AF hours. Thank you.

Feeling better. Hope it lasts. Have to run to another appt. Will try and come back later for proper posting and support.

Hope everyone has a decent/good day. :love:

Comment

Happy Birthday Pauly!
              Cake is being served in the Cafe!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Pauly!

May all your wishes come true!
                  Last edited by dill; September 7, 2017, 04:23 PM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy ~ Happy Birthday Pauly!.... Hope your day has been sweet!... :flowersglow::celebrate::dancegirl::balloons:

Time for some cake soon. Looks delish. Thanks ABC! Glad you knew.

Comment

Happy BD Pauly!!! I remember when birthdays where and excuse to get wasted back in my teens. Jeeez.

24 more for me, yesterday was too but I didn't check in yesterday, I was super busy and didn't even touch my computer. Made some slow cooker chili from scratch. No cans or spice packs. Fresh local produce season.... harvest is upon us. Well the kidney beans aren't local, but everything else is grown local. I forgot how time consuming that is and on top of it I couldn't chop because people were sleeping. I have insane knives and cutting boards but its a noisy affair when I cook, so taking time to do it quite was a learning curve. Hours and hours of prep and quietly cleaning bowls. My feet hurt so badly from standing for so long! Regarding foot pain, I looked into it because for 2 days I've had it though I've been extremely active. Gabapentin I guess that is a somewhat rare SE. I'll have to see if it goes away. For now I have chili for a week and frozen for more!

24 more!
                      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Oh your chili sounds "Yumbo" :smile: I use to make big batches to freeze. It's great when to busy to cook. Have been super busy to. It's good to take breaks from PC. Don't know about SE's with Gaba. Hope it doesn't last! Glad your puppy is growing up and being better behaved. Maybe she knew you were at your wits ends.

If you haven't heard the bad news here it is. Hope it doesn't affect you. Not sure if I should have started a new thread. Massive Equifax Data Breach Could Impact Half of the U.S. Population. The agency said 209,000 credit card numbers were exposed in the breach, which includes customers in Canada and the United Kingdom. Massive Equifax Data Breach Could Impact Half of the U.S. Population - NBC News

Comment

It's 7:58 here.. a cool and breezy morning..
                          How nice to have cake and music in the cafe! Happy Birthday, Pauly!! Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating.
                          I also like Pavaroti.. he's truly amazing.. thanks for the songs, Dill and Neo!
                          Mr. V, I also really hope she takes a turn soon.. and that your family will be safe.

wishing you all a non-stressful Friday..

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], yeah. I read an article about that earlier today. Equifax has almost equivalent data as the government about for people wanting to social engineer (impersonate) someone. Its one of the most frightening hacks as of late. Actually I think its probably the worst hack I've heard of in recent times. They have not released the numbers of how many people are affected in Canada yet. They are "analyzing" the data before they make an announcement. But what... they knew about this at the end of July?!#@ Why are we hearing about this so late so we can all be prepared to watch closely. This is the first I heard about it today. Equifax says 143 million U.S. consumers may have been affected in cyberattack - Business - CBC News It only gets worse as the more data provides easier and easier access to hack other sites. Its like a bell curve. Almost as crazy as the content covered in Mr. Robot, but real life.

Couple tips to protect yourself. There is skimmers in bank machines and gas pumps that are undetectable now. There is a common trick called dip and swipe. If you dip and the machine declines and you are then asked to swipe. When you combine both of those pieces of information you can replicate the card and have the pin. When I was in europe I could only use a 4 digit pin where as mine is about 13 digits here in Canada on Interac network. Can't recall what the plus system uses as its been a while since I've not gone to the states without simply cash. Now it gets even more complicated if you have NFC (Near Field Communications) on your phone someone can simply walk within a foot of you and scan your phone for payment methods. So turn off NFC on your phone (the thing you use to tap your phone on the tap field). Turn it off unless you are going to use it while you are in line.

Chili I make pretty hot with rubber gloves and sanitizing. Its too hot for most people. So at least I get to enjoy it I have a huge crock pot and 2 smaller "normal" ones, so I can do a lot of it at once.
                            Last edited by empyr3al; September 8, 2017, 02:20 AM.
                            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
                              ~C.S. Lewis

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] said the other day "since we are all in this together", which inspired my search which resulted in the end with the above quote. I thought about what he said for quite a while and realized how simple but true the statement. And also that we are all bonded as friends thru our common endeavor. We are not bound by a common problem so much as a common desire for a better way of living. Let's stay on the path together today again.

Thanks for the link, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]. I saw the Equifax story on the news last night but really did not want to think about it or the possible fallout! Grrr!
                              [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], thanks so much for the tips. Really good information. I'm glad you checked in today. The chili sounds fab!

Prayers for those in the path of Irma.

24 More please, come what may.
                              Last edited by dill; September 8, 2017, 06:43 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

5:08 in Vegas another 24 for me and all these wonderful people here and thank you for the birthday wishes everyone
                                Last edited by paulywogg; September 8, 2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X