No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the same about the wildlife. It's heartbreaking. They say the large fires will burn until snow fall now. No way to stop them. :,(

Hope we all have an easy day! I'll take another

Comment

The loss of all that beautiful nature due to wildfires sure is tragic. So many areas in BC/AB are getting hammered, and of course so much of the majestic Jasper national park as well. We've been really lucky here in Hope, the only big fire we had (a couple years ago) luckily burned away from town, and only skirted the edge of a trail system, so at least didn't destroy any of the nice hiking terrain (of course the animals whose habitat it was weren't so lucky). We've also been incredible lucky here with the smoke as well, have only had some slightly hazy days, not a single bad smokeout day yet (knock on wood). Being closer to the coat had having the prevailing winds coming from the west is a huge boon for sure. Hopefully the cooler (and maybe wettter) weather next weeks helps with all the fires as well, and the smoke eases up for all you that are getting it.

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Saturday Cafe. Looks like a beautiful day here on the east coast. Mul, can you tell me what occurs during a “smoke out” day. I have never heard it put that way. Appreciate if you could explain that to me. I hope everyone has a great and sober day today. Gonna take the grands crabbing off the dock today. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Mul, I just got done reading a bit about Hope on wiki voyage. It sounds like a really beautiful place to live! You are so lucky.

It's a muggy day here. That's one of my least favorite things. Thank goodness for AC.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

cross-post Rava. Have fun crabbing with the grands!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning friends! Guests coming for dinner today, so it looks like house work is on my list of things to do to before they get here.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Rava, have fun crabbing! Hope you get your limits. I'd love to see a pic of your area where you crab. I've not heard the term "smoke out" either but if I were to guess, I'd say it has to do with such poor air quality, you should stay indoors!

Mul, we are on the same side the Cascades as you until the 28th and the clear skies and cool weather is definitely a blessing! I can breath freely for the first time in weeks.

We are off to the farmers market to see what we can see. It's along the Ilwaco pier. Should be fun to see the local wares.

AL cravings are null but my sweet tooth is off the charts! It's always something. Lol Still here and kicking so guess I best count my blessings! Ill take another.

Comment

Ginger, my sweet tooth is definitely fired up lately as well. I've been especially craving ice cream which isn't good for the waistline, so I'd better put an end to that.

Warm and breezy on the back porch... heaven.

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

I worked really hard at cutting back on my calories and have dropped 10 pounds. But my cravings for sweets has recently risen too. I don't want those 10 pounds back so I'm just going to try to remain disciplined.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Rava dill Jude58 Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Happy Sunday. We did not go crabbing yesterday as my little grandson said his stomach hurt so we just played inside games. Maybe next time. Talking about curving sweet cravings. I just bought a Hawaiian ice shaved ice maker and absolutely loving it. I have some sugar free syrups and pour over the ice. What a treat! Best amazon purchase in a long time. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Time for some breakfast me thinks...

Comment

I had a wicked sweet tooth as well, usually satisfy it with a bit of chocolate or frozen yogurt. I'm lucky in that I can eat as much as I like without putting on any weight, but that seems to be changing a bit as I get older lol.

Comment

I've fought my weight since the 3rd grade! ABC, I envy people like you. Thanks for brekkie!

Rava, hope your grandson feels better today.

I know my sweet cravings are compensating for the AL loss in my diet but it seems worse right now. Hope it passes soon or soon my pants won't fit! Lol

Enjoying the cool coastal weather and family! I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Working...
                                X