~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn! Lost my post.

@Mulburry​, I hope you get a resolution soon!

I love pancakes, ABC. Thanks

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

I couldn't log in yesterday morning, then I forgot to check in later in the day. We are putting metal roofing on the garage, and Mr. J is going to do the work himself which will save a few dollars.

I got some sad news the other day that my older sister has breast cancer. She was supposed to see an oncologist yesterday, but it was cancelled at the last minute. Now she will have to wait until she knows what the treatment plan will be. Uggh. I also found out that my older brother is have triple bypass surgery this Thursday to repair the blockage in his arteries. I was shocked to hear this as my brother is a vegetarian and a dedicated runner, and has competed in many marathons. I'm praying for both of them but I feel so helpless right now...

Anyway, enough about my woes, it's not enough to cause me to drink. I'm in for another 24...

Comment

I couldn't log in yesterday either and was glad to be able to touch base at Cowboy's alternate site,Home | We Quit Drinking (boards.net).

Jude, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and sister's health issues. I will be sending a prayer for each of them. You are so right hurting yourself with poison won't help. Stay strong.
        Metal roofs are really nice. Have you decided on a color?

Not much going on here today. I'll enjoy the peace and calm. 24 more for all of us please.​
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. I could not log in yesterday after several tries in the morning and afternoon. Jude, i am so sorry to hear about your sister and brother. Will send healing prayers for both of them and you as well. Being the strong one is hard too. No need to use poison to help. Wishing all a good Tuesday. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 48 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Doesn't look like any of us could log in here yesterday, but we're here today and that's what counts!

Sorry to hear the sad news regarding your brother and sister Jude, hopefully they'll both get through their problems with positive results on the other side.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh Jude, I'm so sorry about your sibs health issues. I'll be sending healing prayers too.

Last day at the beach. It's been a lovely reprieve from the heat. We have two trips left then planning starts for heading south. Not sure when I'll find time for knee surgery! Still don't have an appointment for it yet. Ugh It may have to wait until I get to AZ.

Waves to all my Cafe pals!

I'll take another day of freedom from poison!

Comment

Thanks all for the prayers, it really does help...

No matter what life throws at you, drinking always makes things worse.

24 more please...

Comment

The prayers will continue, Jude.

Yesterday we had corn on the cob from the garden with pork chops and summer squash prepared with onions, also from the garden. We are down to our last little bit of corn and boy am I going to miss that!

It's so hot here! Mr. D has been setting up sprinklers to water things. It turns out that Lily loves playing in the sprinkler! It's so funny to watch.

My brother finished his move this week and now lives in the pan handle of Florida.

Cowboy, any plans to help Adam this weekend?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, the panhandle is beautiful. I hope your brother loves it there. We had the grands over yesterday and took them crabbing. They each caught 3 crabs and were thrilled. We cooked them and ate them too. Great memories were made! Thats why we moved close to our grands. I am looking forward to heading south in a few months tho! Ginger, are you looking forward to heading south? Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Alcohol makes everything worse! 24 more please and thank you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Now you can stop in for coffee with Rava when you go down to visit your brother dill. That would be pretty cool to actually meet up though.

I'll bet your grandkids are loving making those memories just as much as you are Rava.

We were planning on going down for today and tomorrow to get started on the siding before I start harvest on the weekend dill, but there's lots of rain in the forecast for here and over at Brightsand so Adam decided to just stay home for his two days off. It sounds like him and Darcie got the rest of the soffit and facia done this past weekend, so siding is the last project for this year. He'll probably work away at it himself unless I get a break from harvest to give him an extra hand.

Comment

Headed home! Lovely AF vacation. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                              I got some sad news the other day that my older sister has breast cancer. She was supposed to see an oncologist yesterday, but it was cancelled at the last minute. Now she will have to wait until she knows what the treatment plan will be. Uggh. I also found out that my older brother is have triple bypass surgery this Thursday to repair the blockage in his arteries. I was shocked to hear this as my brother is a vegetarian and a dedicated runner, and has competed in many marathons. I'm praying for both of them but I feel so helpless right now.
                              Sorry to hear. Unfortunately a lot of it is probably down to genetics. Hoping for the best for the surgery. My dad had quadruple bypass (in his early 70's) and everything went well and it bought him and extra ~10 years of life.

Had a beautiful sunny but cool september like day today, so nice to be able to get out an enjoy it........ before we're right back to full on summer heat (guess it was too much to expect the dog days to wind down quite yet). At least the rains we got previously have doused a lot of the fires, apparenlty the coquihhala pass (and Banff) as well even got snow the other day.

Comment

Mulberry, yes, my doctor told me the same thing about genetics and blocked arteries. It definitely makes sense in my brother's case.

I'm a little distracted and anxious today, but I'm committed to another 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X