No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, yay for the clearance! Hopefully this knee will be good as new soon! Cowboy, you are in a busy mode with all the combine stuff. I will look forward to some pictures too. Jude, yes I will be glad when this election is over too. We will all just have to deal with who ever wins. I am so sick of it all. Dill enjoy your 82 degree day. Had a great day crabbing with 2 of my grandsons. They caught 11 crabs and you would think they won a million dollars. So great to see such genuine happiness over something that costs basically no money. (Except for the cost of some chicken necks lol). Heading north today to visit more grandchildren. Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Wow! Rava, you guys are killing the crabbing. Those are memories the grands will talk about when they are grown men! Awesome.

Waves to all my buddies here in the Cafe!

Gotta get going! I'll take another day of freedom.

Comment

Sitting on the back porch, and I just realized that I haven't seen any hummingbirds in a couple of days. I guess that summer really is almost over...

I'm ready for another 24 hours of peace...

Comment

What an absolute delight to hear of your adventures in crabbing, Rava. Ginger is right. The memories will stay with those grands for th rest of their lives. More precious than gold.

Jude, I guess it's time for the hummingbirds to migrate. The nectar is not plentiful in the Fall. But the apples are and so are the pumpkins and squash!

Cowboy, I had heard you mention before that Youtube was your go-to. I do have an account on Youtube so I guess I'll explore. Not sure I'll get brave enough to do it tho. I have a fear of doing things on the internet. I'm surprised that I ever joined MWO!

A neighbor grew a gigantic watermelon in his garden and is have a few of us over to share in his bounty this afternoon. Let's all have another great day!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think it's time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Our hummingbirds left about a week to 10 days ago Jude, at least I think they headed south but it could be because of all of the wasps hanging around their feeder lately.

Even if you don't post on youtube dill, I'm sure glad you do on MWO, and that goes for all of my friends here!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Great day yesterday with the grands. Today is a day of rest. LOL. Speaking of hummingbirds. I have had a feeder up all summer and not one bird. I will put my feeder away today and hopefully next year will have some. Dill, I bet hat watermelon was good. Sharing it with neighbors is even better! Hope everyone has a good day. Lots of cookouts probably occurring and beer flowing. No booze for me. I am reminding myself that it is nothing but poison. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Dill, enjoy that melon. One of my favorite fruits. Yum!

ABC, thanks for breakfast!

Food and alcohol flow with this side of the family. I took my leave from it all about 830 last night. Showered and hit the hay. I know they must think I'm pretty stodgy but I can only take so much.

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Good morning friends!

Ginger, sometimes it's tough to be around gatherings where there is a lot of alcohol being consumed. Sometimes the best option is to just leave, which is exactly what you did.

Busy day, so no time to drink!

Comment

We had a couple of canna plants outside our kitchen window. I saw some hummingbirds at them yesterday, so I guess ours haven't migrated just yet.

Cowboy, thank you for another awesome Sunday breakfast and for your kind words as well.

The melon was delicious! Odd thing was that it had white seeds. I've never seen the like. I asked what the variety was but they didn't know. It was purchased in Amish country at a Farmer's market.

Busy day today with a local Labor Day Parade and other events.

No matter what we're doing, let's all enjoy the day!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Don't feel bad about leaving early Ginger, Bubba and I don't like being out later than 10:00, booze or no booze lol.

Not much to report on here, this year the wheat harvest is going to be a challenge with so much of the crop laying flat on the ground. So far it looks like the rocker picker did a good job as I've only put a couple of rocks through the header and into the rock trap haha.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Labor Day. Ginger, good for you leaving early. I bet this morning you are feeling great! No plans for me today. Just the gym and relaxing. Hope everyone has a great day. Techie if you are reading this thread please check in! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Headed home with my sobriety intact! I'll take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X