No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen hummingbirds around here in a while either come to think of it (still lot's of birds of prey down by the river though- the vultures are circling!)... so many wasps tough!

Comment

I've seen a couple of hummingbirds over the last couple of days, but they are probably migrating from the North and stopping in for a quick snack. I will miss them though as they are so much fun to watch

Not a lot happening here, just headed off to work in a couple of hours.

​​​​​​​24 more please...

Comment

Good morning everyone. You all will think it funny perhaps, but I am still reading the book Ginger recommended weeks ago by Jason Vale. It's really helpful, so I am reading a little at a time as it turns out I am not in the habit of reading a book anymore. If it isn't an audiobook, I pass. But, as I mentioned, the library didn't have an audio version so my only option was an ebook. However, I have decided it is kind of good because by engaging in the book briefly each day, I feel like I am immersing myself in his point of view over a longer period of time. It's been beneficial for sure. Thank you Ginger.

Yesterday's local Labor Day Parade was a fun way to celebrate the holiday. We waved at our friend's little grandson on his float. He was having a grand time!

Let's all enjoy the day!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill I agree I read the book in small doses too. He really drives the point home that alcohol as any form of relaxation, stress relief, etc is totally useless. No benefits whatsoever! I bought the book on my kindle so I can refer back to it. I also refer back to the Rational Recovery method which I cant even find anymore. When I google it I can find a few things about it. Thinking of my beast brain and actually talking back to it when I am wanting to drink really helped me the first time when I quit. I think people become complacent when they quit and then the beast sneakily comes back trying to worm his way in. So today is not going to be the day that I drink. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

I love watching the hummingbirds as well Jude, such inquisitive birds and playful.

Glad you're home safe and sound Ginger, without quitting on your quit.

I still like reading books dill, haven't got into audio books yet though my kids seem to love them.

The wasps are terrible here as well Mulburry, not sure how long we're going to have to put up with them.

I can hear a light rainfall on the roof of the camper this morning, not sure how long it's been sprinkling or how much we got as it's still too dark to see outside. Maybe a day off for me today!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, I wish we could have some of that rain here. Things are dry as a bone!

I listened to "A Naked Mind" by Annie Grace yesterday on the drive then finishing yesterday afternoon. I was surprised how closely it follows Allan Carr's book, "Quit Drinking Easily". I love science and stats so it's right up my alley. I'm glad Jason Vale's book has been helpful. I'm going to download it, as it appears I lost my hard copy.

My granddaughter is going to have another baby. They say it's their last. I hope so! The thought of helping with three is a little daunting for this old lady! It's all about me! Bahahaha I'm headed there today so she and hubby can go meet the midwife and have the first ultrasound. They've decided not to find out the gender and be surprised!

Better get going! I'll take another day of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                  Thinking of my beast brain and actually talking back to it when I am wanting to drink really helped me the first time when I quit. I think people become complacent when they quit and then the beast sneakily comes back trying to worm his way in. S
                  Yup for sure, the beast is always lurking. I'm still astounded how many drinking dreams I have, despite being close to 3 years sober now.

Comment

Ginger, hard to believe that you're a great grandmother! Congrats on welcoming the newest member of your family.

Temps have been falling into the 40's around here the last couple of nights so I guess that Fall is just around the corner. Love this time of year when the leaves are changing color, the apple season is starting to kick off, and the pumpkin spice products are everywhere.

Rava, yes alcohol is sneaky, cunning, baffling and powerful, but being aware of that is half the battle won. Good job staying away from booze!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Temps in the low 60s this morning. Feels so good. Humidity will return tho. Congrats Ginger on another great grand child in the making! Im not there yet but my grands are old enough. No rush! LOL. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Congratulations Ginger, admit it, you love those little bundles of joy!

Hardly rained at all and we were back in the field just after lunch. A bit of a reprieve from the heat today but getting very hot again for the next week or so, good thing we have a/c in the combines lol.

Comment

Great fun with the littles. You're right, ABC, I adore them. Off to try to workout. I'll take another day!

Comment

Goodness, Ginger! Another little blessing headed your way! It's so great that you are so willing and able to help your granddaughter.

Gorgeous day here. Low humidity and temps in the upper 70's with plenty of cheerful sunshine.

Let's all have another good day of freedom and good health.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mr. J has been working at putting the new roof on the garage, and now he's wishing that he had hired someone else to do the job. We tend to forget that our bodies don't work the same as when we were 20. At least he has good weather to work in with lots of sun and temperatures in the 60's.

Hope that everyone has a great day, 24 more please...

Comment

Working...
                                X