No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon. Late check in as I had to have my car serviced early in the morning and that threw off my ipad time. Techie, so good to hear from you. I hope you can figure out a way to connect. I dont even have a computer. I do all of my posts using my ipad. Wow you are certainly a world traveler! Ginger, hope you enjoy your camping time. It’s a beautiful time of the year. Jude, glad most of the roof is done. That is a relief. Dill, good luck at the doctors today. Hope you get a great report. Cowboy looking forward to seeing some pics soon of the cabin. I am baking bread today as I found a little tiny bread maker. Not much bigger than a childrens easy bake oven. Fits easily into the tiny home. I have a Dutch over but that heats this little place up too much. So hopefully this little bread maker will do the trick. Hope everyone has a great day! 24 more hours of sobriety please. PS I passed 3 liquor stores today and just kept on driving! Yay for me.

Comment

Great to hear from you techie! I've been thiking about you as I read another Barbara Kingslover book (The Poisonwood Bible, what a great read, I'm almost finished. Sounds like you're having quite the adventures with all your travelling!

Comment

Thanks for stopping by techie, and I'm glad to hear that you are O.K.. Sounds like you're doing a lot of traveling lately, which I have always wanted to do. Stop in when you can; you're always welcome here.

Good job passing up on the liquor stores Rava. Just imagine how you would be feeling now if you had stopped and picked up some booze. My guess is that you would've had a nasty hangover, served up with a lot of guilt and remorse. When the urge to drink hits me, I always try to fast forward to the next day knowing that I'd feel like crap. Works every time!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Great to see you, Techie! Stop by whenever you can.

Mul, I read that book when it first came out. It was a really good read.

I'm curious about your tiny bread maker, Rava. Did you like how the bread turned out?

My doc appointment went very well and I don't go back for a year!

The trim was exterior, Cowboy and it sure did need the facelift!

Ginger, have fun!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, so glad your doc appt went well! The tiny bread maker is a hit. It’s a Briskind which I found on amazon. Makes a 1 or 1.5 pound loaf. It’s small and pretty lightweight with handles so I can store in the closet. Made my first loaf and it was a success! Meeting some friends today for lunch and laughter. None are drinkers so there is no temptation. Although I was never a day drinker. I prefer the night time. Hope everyone has a great day today. Again, Techie so glad you checked in!

Comment

For Dill

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                Jude58 dill Ginger999 techie Rava Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have fun on the camping trip Ginger, enjoy the 5th wheel for maybe the last time.

Great to see you stop by techie, it's too bad you can't be here more often as you're missed when you're gone. Enjoy your travels.

Can't beat the smell and tasted of freshly home baked bread Rava, I'll bet the bread maker gets put to use often. And so happy to hear that you ignored those liquor stores! Adam has been busy on his days off working on the cabin, from the looks of things he's got the siding just about done, I'll post some pics that he sent to me.

I'll have to check out that book Mulburry, I'm always looking for something good to read.

Glad the appointment went well dill, and you get a whole year till the next one!

It rained here a bit overnight but can't tell how much yet. Not sure if I'll be headed back to Veg or maybe work on my combine header during the downtime. Last night I picked up a big rock and did some damage to the header so that is going to have to be repaired before we get back into the field.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

techie, I'm so happy to hear from you! You are so missed. Enjoy your world travels. Check in whenever you can!

Camping with two four year olds, what a hoot. They are certainly proof, there's no need for alcohol to have fun!

Hope everyone enjoys there day.

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Ginger, it must have been fun camping with 2 four year olds! No need for booze to have a great time!

Hmm...I just might have to go out and buy one of those little bread makers Rava. There's nothing better than homemade bread.Yum!

I'm in for another 24 hours of serenity...

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Not sure if Mulburry will pop in today, but Huge Congrats on your 3 years AF today!

It was great to get back to Veg yesterday in time for supper with Bubba, and by the looks of the weather, I'll be here at home for a few days. Time to catch up on some much needed sleep not to mention spending time with Bubba.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, sounds like you are a busy great grandma. No time to think about drinking! LOL. I thought I posted a pic of the bread maker for Dill but I don’t see it. Maybe I will try again or anyone that might be interested. Had a great time yesterday with neighbors and laughed until my stomach hurt. All done without alcohol. Hope everyone has a great Friday the 13th. It has always been my lucky day. 24 more please and thank you!
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thank you Rava for trying that again! I assumed what you tried yesterday just didn't quite work right and was going to ask you about it today. I am looking into it this morning. I have a bread maker but it is many years old and hasn't been working as well as it should. I might try to replace it soon, but might have to wait. We have an awful lot of money going out very recently with the painting, Mr. D's root canal and crown, and a couple other large expenses. So I will take my time and research the bread maker.

Laughter is the best medicine, even if it does make some muscles hurt! LOL I bet the 4yo campers are an absolute hoot, Ginger.!\

Congrats on 3 years, Mul. You have really done well!

Jude, do you have a bread maker and are looking to replace/update? Just curious.

Cowboy, glad you got a chance to recharge your batteries and spend some quality time with Bubba.

Seize the day!

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mul, congrats on three years of freedom! You make us old people proud.

We all hit the hay with the four year olds last night.. lol Another day of fun then we head home tomorrow. It's been a great first camping trip for them and us.

Happy Friday the 13th. I'll take another day of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X