~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
    A lovely rain last night. Feels like fall this morning!
    We went from a couple days of rain to a gorgeous sunny but coolish (20C) day today. So nice to be able to enjoy being out in the sun!

Nice work on the cabin AB, that thing is really shaping up!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday Cowboy! Yummy! The cabin looks like it's coming along nicely, and I bet that you can't wait to check it out.

Still canning sauce...I'm having dreams of being attacked by killer tomatoes rising out of the garden. There is an end in sight as most of the tomato plants seem to be dying off. Now it's time to go pick some apples to make pies and sauce. Love this time of year!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

My goodness, Jude, you are hard at it! You'll be enjoying the fruits of our labor all year long.

Cowboy thank you for that lovely breakfast yesterday. And thank you for the update on Adam's little cabin. It's looking fantastic!

We are still suffering through a drought here. The ground is hard and brittle, and the grass is crunching under foot as one walks. Our pasture renters are already having to feed hay.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999 Mulburry

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Happy Monday. Jude, I need some tomatoes! You are busy but at least you can enjoy them this winter. Cowboy, the cabin looks great! How remote is it? Are there any homes nearby? I know it’s for hunting but just curious as to its location. The temperatures are cooling here and it’s very nice. Heading to the gym this morning. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

You've been really keeping busy Jude with all that canning and preserving, but it'll be worth it come winter.

This isn't a hunting cabin Rava, it's a cabin that Adam and Darcie will use instead of their 5th wheel when they go to the lake. They are planning on selling their 5th wheel once the cabin is done. The cabin is in a lake subdivision with lots of other cabins around them, they are one row of cabins from the actual lake.

Has a nice sunny day yesterday but don't think it was enough to dry the fields good enough to get back into them. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ABC, the cabin is awesome! What a great get away for them.

Hubby says he's ready to sell the 5th wheel next spring when we get home. We will see if he changes his mind!

Jude, you'll sure enjoy all that canning this winter

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Hope that you get some much needed rain dill!

I'm in for another 24 hours of peace...

Comment

I'm taking on the windows today. It's a daunting task and it will take me a few days but it needs doing. This old farmhouse has nice, big windows and they can be tilted inward to clean the exterior without having to get ladders to work on the exterior. It's doable but I don't move as quickly as I used to, so it will simply proceed at my pace. Mr. D will pitch in as well, but this morning he has a doc appointment, so I'll get underway on my own at first.

Feeling good and looking forward to some sparkling clean views soon!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:11am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is goig to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Maybe you'll both change your mind in the spring about selling the 5th wheel Ginger lol, but for some reason I don't think so.

Don't work too hard on those windows dill, take your time and spread it over a couple of days if need be.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Cowboy, I thought the cabin was for hunting. My Bad. It’s so cute and I am sure Adam and Darcie will absolutely love it. All the work you have put into it will really pay off. Being so close to the lake is such a plus too. Dill, good luck with those windows. That is a hard job for sure. Hope everyone has a good day. We are finally supposed to get some rain this afternoon. We need it. 24 more for us all please!

Comment

I'll take another day!

Comment

Dill, you have more ambition than I do. Cleaning windows is not my favorite thing to do but sometimes you can't put put it off any longer.

Ginger, I saw your post on FB with pics of baby sloths. I adore sloths, they are so adorable and gentle.

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

5:08am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X