No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally got back in the field yesterday afternoon, sounds like we'll get a few days of combining in before Friday when it's supposed to rain again. At this rate we won't get finished till mid-October lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jude, I had to smile at your comment that I am more ambitious than you. That was funny coming from the thread's canning Queen! LOL But thank you for the compliment. I am making good progress. I got more done yesterday than I had planned and the windows looked so much better it helped motivate me to continue.

Hope you get a lot done, Cowboy. I sure do wish we could have a smidge of your rain...

Mr. D has decided to make a stab at patching our pond since the weather has been so dry and the water lever is at the lowest it's ever been. It's guess work as to where the leak is but he is going to go with his gut and is hiring a guy to excavate a portion of it and lay down a liner. Fingers crossed that it fixes the problem, but we won't know until we get rain and snow enough to refill it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Made it through surgery just fine. Not too much more pain than I was already dealing with. No need for opiods yet so I'm hoping that continues. I hate those drugs.

Dill, do you hire out? I could use mine washed!

It's a beautiful morning sitting here in my chair. Fall is definitely in the air. I'll gladly take another!

Comment

Ginger, so glad that your surgery went without a hitch and hope that you recover quickly. You are wise to stay away from the opiods if you can. Too many people have become addicted to them without meaning to, and it's a huge problem. Love the view from your window!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Ginger, that is wonderful news! And I second what Jude says about staying away from opioids. I hope you don't have too much pain and that Ibuprophin (sp?) or acetaminophen can take care of any that you do have. Thanks for sharing your view with us. Loved the pic.

24 more please and thank you.

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
              Jude58 dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad the surgery went well Ginger, and hopefully you'll be as good as new when you recover. Always love pics of the views from your place!

Tell Mr D good luck with the pond patching dill, we'll need lots of snow here as well to refill the dugouts back to a comfortable level.

We should hit the halfway mark on harvest if we get a good day in today. a couple of days of wheat to go, then 3 fields of oats, then start on the 2900 acres of canola.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, so glad your surgery went well. Your beautiful view certainly adds to dealing with your recovery! Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X