~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hello everyone. Boy, I have been missing a happening place here. Really good energy over here.

Dill - loved the quote
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
    ~C.S. Lewis
    Cowboy - loved the cake you had for Pauly and sorry I missed it. LOL What a great idea of having different people share quotes. I had missed that you all were doing that too. I need to get out more. :harhar:

Mr V - Sending good thoughts to your family. You are right about all the first responders that are in the middle of that. :hug:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], prayers for your mom and sister, and for all who are in Irma's path.
      [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], check in when you can. Praying for you, too.
      [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], nice of you to pop in. :welcome: Don't be a stranger! Glad you liked the C.S. Lewis quote. It was just the ticket, I thought. Finding the quote of the day for a week was fun, but honestly, I do not know how [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] kept it up on daily basis for so long! It can be fun, but it is also can be time intensive! :happy2:
      Last edited by dill; September 9, 2017, 06:01 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - I can just imagine that is a big commitment. I love quotes and sometimes when I get started looking, I end up on the computer for hours!
        Impressive that Cowboy would find something each day. Same as Mick and his jokes each day. I haven't been around here or over there for way too long. osteroops:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers. We picked up mom at 4:30 and brought her to our house. Hunkered down now until sometime Monday. We should be fine here - plenty of toilet paper, water and batteries, I baked six chicken breasts today and a homemade chocolate cake in anticipation of the power going out to tomorrow night. No need to worry if I have enough booze to make it through or when the liquor stores will reopen. Sad for the fools who elected to stay on the barrier islands and use this massive storm as an excuse for a three-day binge. Man I don't miss those days. Although it's good for us Irma shifted west, prayers and thoughts for all along the west Gulf coast. The winds here in Central Florida are expected to be between Cat 2 & 3 late Sunday night until early Monday. Rain/flooding won't be a problem for us as we're ~250' above sea level. I should be able to check in tomorrow. Let me just say again how INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL I am to be sober!! And for all of you here. Stay safe peeps.
          Mary Lou
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Great to hear you'll be safe [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]! The way you've stocked up makes me think I should drive into the storm, especially the homemade chocolate cake!! lol
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], its funny that you say stocking up on booze. I often wondered with the mix of meds I'm using if some catastrophic event were to happen how many (including me) people would be absolutely going insane without their medications and withdrawal's and all sorts. I mentioned that in a therapy session with my ex and the therapist and my wife ganged up on me for catastrophic thinking. I was grilled. Hell I know where to go if the power goes out and the water goes bad and shelter is required because *I* have a safety plan. I know where I keep my meds and ID for quick access. They call it paranoia. Seriously ganged up on me. My wife then took the therapist for individual therapy who was female and I'm certain they trashed me to hell. Well good luck, because you have no clue what to grab when you need to get the F out fast and where to go. We live in a very calm place here in southern ontario that doesn't experience these major events and tragedies, so go on and live in your bubble and don't tell me I'm paranoid if I'm on an addictive medicine and tons of other people are too and have no access. Imagine the looting of the liquor stores so people don't DT. The gas pumps don't work because there is no electricity. Seriously. I was SO mad after that session because I know what I believe if the right thing. To anticipate what may or may not happen, but look at it realistically. Its not paranoia, its F'in common sense. See now here I go getting angry just thinking about it.

To 24 more. Good luck and grace to those in mexico with the earth quake, Irma, and the next one ready to hit soon.
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Finishing up another sober day. Have been super busy. Read a bit when I could. We went out to breakfast for the first in a long time. There at 7:30. They day just went. Tom I'll try to post. At least read a bit. We needed to cancel our camp and raft trip. Heading out Mon to the coast. I didn't want to go, but hubs does. I'll try to ck in. I feel off when I don't connect with all you awesome people!.... :love:

Experiencing PAWS I believe. My head feels wonky. I smoked to many ciggs today. Adding to my headaches. Still plan to go NF Mon.

Very happy to read [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] is safe!!!... Look at you baking a chocolate cake with all that chicken. Hope this lifts all your spirits a little.

Feel so bad for you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. Have been praying. Will keep at it. After tom, will you be able to reach your Mom and Sis? These storms, weather are not good at all!!!... Earthquake in Mex. Very, sad, sad things going on. Praying for all our responders safety. I try not to think or watch news before bed. Good to hear you know you'll be safe as long as your sober. It's not always easy when stressed out. Why hasn't science found a way to neutralize these monster storms?

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Spent too much time yest studying and calling, cking on breach. Added fraud alerts. Not sure yet on freeze. I ckd and we are lucky that are names as of now weren't on list. Do you use ghost chilis in your chili? Have you ever watched that show Man verses Food? He eats some of the hottest food ever. I can sometimes handle jalapenos if mixed in something.

I can't remember other things/people I wanted to respond to. Hope everyones well. Even when I don't ck in, am thinking of you all. Especially, liked [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - last quote. I wanted to listen to clapton song, just haven't had time. On the drive, will listen to. I'll need to ck what [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] said. Hope your feeling better!

Thinking of [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] and all you other special people. Hope everyone is able to sleep good tonight. :love:
                Last edited by Wildflowers; September 9, 2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I get it [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION]. My spouse told me I was being paranoid today. At breakfast I wanted to ck out tsunami route when we arrive. Crap we are over do for a giant earthquake. With everything that's happening on planet earth, think I'd be an idiot to not be prepared. I may end flat as a pancake, but I tried. I have 3 wks of water and food. Have stock piled important Rx's in a gym bag. Told the ole man grab it first. I forgot to take my thyroid until after 6pm. Felt sick.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], first off I watch a show called the WAN Show and its very very geek stuff. They mention if you read the terms of service on the site equifax setup to see if you were breached or snagged that you agree not to file or participate in a class action law suit. How well those terms will hold up in court is beyond me. But its very very shady. And the fact the executives dumped stock days after the breach is even more shady.

Its hard to get my hands on ghost peppers. Hungarian peppers and somethings in the range of 100,000-500,000 scoville units is added. And the obviously more flavorful instead of just heat cannabelle's and habanero's. The hottest food I can get to be honest is thai food here. Like delerium inducing hot. The problem I have is the hood doesn't work on the range, i also have induction, but when I do thai stirfry the entire house almost makes your eyes water as the technique is high temp peanut oil and scorching the peppers. Its almost blinding at times and makes you cough. I am used to it but my father is not. Cool trick if you have a coil element range (I have a portable I can use) to blacken/roast peppers (a technique used to either remove skin or add smokey flavor). You put the pepper, say a jalapeno on it and turn it every once in a while. Its pretty neat. Note that I unfortunately do not have the bacteria in my bowels that manages heat so if I don't follow up with something like a cream cheese stuffed pocket and some milk or cream I experience insanity in the mornings. Only some people have that bacteria that renders it useless. I assume I've kill most of my gut flora with alcohol and protein pump inhibitors. Rebuilding slowly! Its worth the high from the heat and the flavor but the next day is nuts. So I only do it on days when I don't need to go some place early!!!! I've only seen a couple episodes of man vs food. I can eat a jalapeno raw, especially after that technique I described but its hot, only about 5,000 scoville units. Ghosts are like 1,000,000. Top 1 World's Hottest Peppers - PepperHead - Hottest Pepper Its interesting how the scoville is measured in drips to water content where its detectable. Wiki it.
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Yes, I read that to. At first Equifax wouldn't let you check to see if you were affected unless you signed up for one yr free identity theft subscription. What. Its possible that arbitration clause won't be legal next yr. There's politics involved. Best not to go there. I called them for guidance. They said I was the first person to ask and be aware of clause. Then I told them I hope the lousy, greedy executives get jail time. FBI is investigating. Hey, do you now if I separate a paragraph within the @sign do you still receive notification? Trying to make it easier to read. Test it now.

Read about the scoville units. Don't get it. Thats okay, cause I'm NOT getting my face close to them. Can you cook "delerium inducing food outside"? Or vent through your roof? Replace hood motor fan. May not matter if CFM is to low. I grill veggies outside sometimes.Stove top is ceramic. I miss my old double oven 50's westing house oven. I loved that stove. My Mom gave me an x-mas replica ornament. Not familiar with Induction cooking. Member you and dill had convo about them. Sounds like your having fun experimenting with your peppers. :smile: Lol or cry for your digestive system. Think many of us have tummy issues. I do. Recently paid $23 on sale for good probiotic. I'd ran out. This stuff is too expensive. It does help tho. Please take it easy on those peppers. uke: Or will all be sending you xmas Ben and Jerry's for a yr. Lol.... You may have special genetics for being able to eat very hot food. Hope I don' have pepper nightmares tonight. Just kidding. Off to hopefully sleep. Years of alcohol abuse as you mentioned in a post a ways back. Insomnia started when I was 13. But, am continuing with meditation. It helps sometimes. Too hot in house. Okay sleep good friend.... :fairy:

Comment

Today keeping it in the 24hr , grateful that I can do this today. Very Powerful thread 👍
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Ate too much this afternoon and feeling tired Sunday night. No more beer but 14 cigs left,not that I'm excited and hoping to finish. Start cig quit tom I guess as feel like I smoked to many in order to get the, finished .Exhausted. Wish the best for Florida residents and those in the wake of Irma over my quit today
                          Last edited by Neo; September 10, 2017, 05:41 AM.

Comment

All the talk of peppers makes me think I must make some chili! After I finish up the rest of my lentil soup, chili is on the menu! Can't go super hot tho. We have grown onions, red and green bell peppers and jalepeno peppers in the garden so that is what I shall use.

I know I'll be safe as long as I don't drink.
                            Loved that, Mr. Vervill!

24 for me please, for safety's sake!
                            Last edited by dill; September 10, 2017, 06:22 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick check-in today, as I'm working and a lot on my mind.
                              My sister and Mom have moved off the barrier island home and hunkered down at a hotel in St Pete. a whopping 40' above sea level, so hoping for no flooding there. The owner has said it has never flooded, but he's never been through a Cat 3-4 storm before either. May not have communication with them after the storm passes.
                              24 more for all of us.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] @ [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you pop in [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], stop in more often eh!!

Got up early this morning and turned on CNN news to watch the hurricane coverage. A special prayer this morning to all God's creatures in it's path as it swings north into Florida...
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X