Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Now I want chilli
    Last edited by paulywogg; September 10, 2017, 07:54 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24 pleaseMr.V I hope everything will be ok for your family, prayers for everyone in Irma's path

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Watcha think Pauly, good idea? I don't feel like cooking this morning lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another.

The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.

If this sounds too mystical, refer again to the body. Every significant vital sign- body temperature, heart rate, oxygen consumption, hormone level, brain activity, and so on- alters the moment you decide to do anything… decisions are signals telling your body, mind, and environment to move in a certain direction.” - Deepak Chopra

Another sunny day here in Jersey, 66 f at 11:11 in the morning. Committing to another 24!
          Last edited by Orimus; September 10, 2017, 10:16 AM.
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Great quotes [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION].

24 more please:love:

Comment

That was a great quote to start your week with Ori!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

ssd!

Comment

Happy belated birthday SSD!

Comment

Please - we all need 24 AF hours. Thank you....

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - Its good your staying busy. May help you a little to not think/worry about Mom & Sis. Yes 40' above sea level isn't much. Many - many people are praying!.... We won't stop!.... Did you hear about the woman in Miami who delivered her own baby? She's at hospital now. Taking this news as a good message. Have been watching news all morning. Need to stop for awhile.

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] - Powerful, helpful quote!... Thank you!...... I'll meditate on this part: "decisions are signals telling your body, mind, and environment to move in a certain direction.” Sometimes it's my body telling me No or Yes. Hope your SIL and family are doing OK!...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - Did we miss SSD's Birthday? How are you finding out about all these celebrations? You are on top of everything. I'll have to get on Steppers thread soon and discuss emojis. Read it last night with tired eyes. Once I get on MWO I often have to tear myself away. Addiction/Obsession runs deep with some of us.

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] - Have been meaning to say hello and welcome back. My bad. I do remember you. Not all details. Im so very glad you came back to share your ESH!.. Thank you!.. Think this is also a powerful thread. I consider this home base.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - I love lentil soup. I have to be careful as it may trigger a gout attack. Same with chili. Which [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] has planted messages in some of our minds. [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y -Love chili to. I kinda like white chili better. I just have to be careful with what I eat. Made a "Yumbo" chicken tortilla soup in crockpot last fall. Wished I'd wrote down what I did. Love bell peppers. Not hot peppers. Have friend I don't see often, but he eats them whole. Habanero ones. Yikes.. Korean short ribs in crockpot. Never made before. Read after I bought that was suppose to ask for English cut. Hmm. I found in discount area tri-tip steak. Cause the short ribs looked like they had no meat.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - Well, we have another Birthday girl in the house. Lets celebrate all week. :balloons: inkele: Hope your day was wonderful!

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] - Okay were going for it tom. Have smoked two today. Craving one now. Thanks for inspiring me to eat and live healthier. Had salmon this wk. Good veggies. With gout not suppose to eat salmon. Really only chicken. I'm like, what can I eat. Need to practice gratitude here. Keeping notes on phone. Had black beans sprinkled with feta and sure enough I felt attack coming on. Have RX to ward it off. Hope your tummy feels better today. I'm concerned I'm going to eat too much to. Bought some lifesavers, mints, nicotine gum and lozenges. Have apps on phone. Wishing you and I luck on our quit. Lets never give up!.. Your perseverance really helps keep me motivated. Thank you!...

Hope everyone has a decent AF day. :love: Need to answer Pm's get cleaning and packing.

Comment

Thank you Abc and Pauly! The actual day is mid this week. We were supposed to go out for a
                      fancy dinner last night but because I had wine was basically detoxing in a bad way
                      It is crazy how a few glasses of wine can affect me now. My body is telling me now is the time to stop.

Comment

HapPy BiRtHaY ssd858
                        🎂🎈🎂🎉🎊🍦enjoy ! 😊
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Has anyone heard from Mr V recently? Wondering how his family is doing.

Happy Birthday ssd858
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Check in, 24 AF more Been busy on another thread. Think I broke my foot. Its not a sprained ankle like you would assume from the situation but actually directly on the outside shooting pain to my pinky toe and the around to my heal. Its in the arch of my foot. Unlike previous injuries I'm on Valium and Gabapentin so pain is something thats hard to identify if i did real damage. I have a super busy day tomorrow and a ton of walking so I swear it better not be broken.
                            Last edited by empyr3al; September 10, 2017, 10:19 PM.
                            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

4:46 am in Vegas another 24 for me and anybody who needs them please

Comment

“We're in a freefall into future. We don't know where we're going. Things are changing so fast, and always when you're going through a long tunnel, anxiety comes along. And all you have to do to transform your hell into a paradise is to turn your fall into a voluntary act. It's a very interesting shift of perspective and that's all it is... joyful participation in the sorrows and everything changes.”
                                ― Joseph Campbell, Sukhavati

A sunny, fall like day here in Jersey. 53 f at 11:47 on a Monday morning. Committing to another 24.

Happy birthday [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION]
                                Last edited by Orimus; September 11, 2017, 06:49 AM.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X