No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] abcowboy

I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go.... even on Saturday lol...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

GMAE Everyone - 24 more for me too. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I totally agree with you re: our purpose! Make it a good day all.
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

I want to thank [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] for the great thought-provoking quotes this past week! I'm more and more liking this idea of sharing weekly daily quote posting!

For everyone who volunteered, your week will be every 6 weeks, but I'll send you a reminder just in case you forget. If other people join in and volunteer, I'll adjust the schedule accordingly and let everyone know...
        Last edited by abcowboy; September 16, 2017, 07:38 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I will definitely need the reminder. Thanks!

24 please.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al View Post
            One of my therapists (Masters of Social Work) told me to take care of AL first and be completely stable for a long while before attempting cigarettes! I think quitting smoking will be much more difficult and there isn't a simple way without stress, and the drugs are kinda weird. I can't take them with my med level config. Zyban or whatever. I have a ton of patches. I'm AL stable so maybe I'll try too soon
            Screw any therapists. I know how much better I feel waking up on the third day without cigs. The problem is getting there. I still have some so will see If I can go a day or 2 again .Day 1 is easy. Im going to try cold turkey again. Smokes also went up $5 here so now $54/pack of 50
            Last edited by Neo; September 16, 2017, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more on a beautiful morning

Comment

“Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.”
                  ― Anthony Robbins

GMAE all! 10 am on a beautiful Saturday morning here in Jersey and day two of moving. 70 f and the sun in ablaze. Committing to another 24!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Please - we all could use 24 AF hours. Going to make Mr WF a skillet. Than yard work. Think it's going to rain next four days. Hope and pray it falls on fires. Beautiful Seeley Lake in Montana is being destroyed. All over West coast and beautiful BC.

Hoping to get back on here later. Feel a long post coming. Like to comment on topics. Nice quote [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]. True I believe. With respect towards physical ailments. Some times harder to think positive. Starting day 6 NF. Yesterday was a bear. But I survived. :smile:

Hope everyone has a good AF Sat. :love:
                    Last edited by Wildflowers; September 16, 2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                      Screw any therapists. I know how much better I feel waking up on the third day without cigs. The problem is getting there. I still have some so will see If I can go a day or 2 again .Day 1 is easy. Im going to try cold turkey again. Smokes also went up $5 here so now $54/pack of 50
                      Yeah, I have tons of Nicoderm patches if I want that kind of route. They are given free if you attend a 3 hour session (value $250) and a fidget toy (which is a super cool little twisty thing for the hands when not typing). When I quit before I used a vaporizer, and got to 0mg. 3 years no smoking. I've tried the sunflower seed trick before also. Cold turkey is fun... wee. When I started Gabapentin all of what I associated with lung issues and post nasal drip went away, so it doesn't seem to be a health crisis anymore :/ So I lost a lot of incentive to quit. The problem I have is where I live smokes are easily accessible and super cheap illegally. 200 smokes (a carton/bag) is 9$ from a native reserve (hit and miss on quality and regulation). Legit smokes are 10$ CAD for 25 which is nearly the same value as Australian Dollar (so twice the price). Will take some determination! Good luck Neo, I'll join you in a bit!
                      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh something I just remembered. [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] and anyone else ... You mentioned on the 11th, picking restaurants, so it triggered a memory. I learned this in a rehab. At some places, like restaurants, airports, places with alcohol. Internationally known to many that if you say "I'm friends with Bill", if they were taught correctly; it implies all your drinks are virgin and you will not be given wine, suggested or otherwise or anything that contains alcohol. Now I have not tried it or haven't heard of many being taught that as we have culinary schools galore here. It states that you are an AA member. Some people are ashamed of asking for virgin drinks and we were taught to request flavored sparkling water or ask for something high end in that area if you are selecting a drink when everyone else is selecting "double whiskey on the rocks". In this sense you don't need to feel like a fool dining mid-high end with others. Some people are self conscious of implying they are alcoholic in company of others like boss', managers, etc.
                        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi All, @empyr3al -- funny you should mention Bill. Today I felt like going to an AA meeting. That in itself is way out of character for me. Since I quit drinking in January 2014, I have been to two - yes 2 - AA meetings. And both of them were in January 2014. It was not for me for similar reasons others here have expressed. Thank God for MWO.

Anyway, fast forward to today. I felt a little vulnerable - no desire or urge to drink - but a desire to be around "in person" peeps. A real cattlemen cafe maybe. So I went to the location, a nearby, rather small church. Many cars there which surprised me, and was a little bummer because I wasn't looking for a crowd. I walked in the main door and knew immediately I was not at an aa meeting. Lots of people there working on the ceiling tiles and other repairs that were not apparent on the outside but from hurricane Irma. A very lovely lady greeted me and asked if she could help me or if I was there to help out. And I kind of froze. This was only my third meeting and even though I have no problem saying 'I don't drink", I didn't want to ask "where's the AA meeting?" under that particular circumstance. And I remembered Bill! I just asked if she knew where friends of Bills were meeting. It was perfect.

She didn't know but I found it on a side entrance. Turned out to be exactly what I needed. (This was small group of 10-12, women only and a positive, no-shame vibe.)

Great quote Ori. And so true - the battlefield is in our mind. We all have the ability to renew and transform.

Have a good one.
                          Last edited by Marylou123; September 17, 2017, 06:52 AM. Reason: typo
                          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], you know my position on AA I assume. I've done hundreds (more or less against my will) as I was never offered other solutions. But yes, it's sometimes good to be around other people in a small setting and not a speaker meeting. Glad it was positive for you. That is rare.

Comment

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." -Socrates

This is one my daughter painted for me and we have it hanging in the bathroom. One of my biggest challenges is letting go of the past.. so this is a nice daily reminder.
                              Orimus, thanks for the quotes last week.. I read them all yesterday as we were out hiking for several days.
                              I really feel for all of you affected by Irma and the fires..:hug:
                              I would love to have 24 more hours for myself and all of the wonderful people hanging out here in the Cafe.. I also wish we could all meet up in real life!
                              Last edited by lifechange; September 17, 2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Good quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] and just goes to show how much we had in common with our ancestors of 2300 years! It ties right in with Empy3's thoughts last week on not thinking about drinking but simply filling time with other activities and putting his focus on them. Today I will focus on enjoying time with my grandchildren.

24 more for me and the cast of characters who frequent the Café!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X