~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Please - we could all use 24 AF hours. Thank you.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] - Think pausing when agitated, gives us time to respond. Usually better outcomes then thee ole knee jerk reaction. Awesome awareness and action!... Dealing with Red Button pushing is crucial to our recovery. Like this "Progress Not Perfection". Thanks for showing us a better way of choosing how to live life. :smile:
    Last edited by Wildflowers; September 21, 2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Hi All - quick check in for another 24 please. The first week or so of my sober life I wrote the things I was looking forward to when I had some sober time. Being able to respond with consideration rather than react with emotion was one of them. And I'm pleased to say that's happened. At least more often than not. It might not always be "good" or "right", but it's not knee jerk. I'm also learning that the more I give what I'm wanting - kindness, patience, grace -- the more it comes to me. Nice quote LC - chock full of good stuff.

Have a great 24 -- Hugs -- ML
      Today's a mini milestone: 3 yrs, 8 mos. This calls for mocha latte foam in tonight's decaf. :sohappy:
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Well done [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] enjoy your mocha letta foam ☕ not much foam on that one, but here is a slice of cake 🍰 from me 😆
        Another 24hour for me please, Thanx you
        See you all in another 24hours , Enjoy your sobriety all x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

24 Checked In, all set for 24 more The whole concept of Thursday night being pay day when I was in my 20's and I'd go on a bender and miss work Friday is gone thank god. Friday will be a good day with no hangovers
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

4:02 am in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Just wondering if anyone has seen [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] around? I noticed he hasn't been posting here or the Roll Call lately?

Edit to add: Enjoy your trip to Cali Pauly! Make it "you" time eh!! You know where to reach me if "stuff" gets overwhelming...
              Last edited by abcowboy; September 22, 2017, 07:32 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've been wondering about [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] too, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I hope he checks in soon!

Hope to see [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] soon too.

Another 24 for me and all who love freedom, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity." -George Bernard Shaw

I try to keep this in mind while going about my "busy" day.. to take the time to listen to someone with intent, to look a person on the street in the eyes and say hello.. not to get so caught up in my own little world and problems that I don't notice those around me. This is 100% easier when I'm sober..

Here's to 24 hours more! And I've been wondering about Orimus as well..
                  and I hope you have a nice trip, Pauly!
                  Hugs to all of you!
                  Last edited by lifechange; September 22, 2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Lastnight, I put some sleeping pads over my dogs cage so he could sleep while I watched the TV (bright 4k TV). Well seems I hid some bottles inside them rolled up hidden in a closet. To my dismay two mickeys of plastic whisky bottles dropped out of one of them (empty). But oddly I could smell them as my senses are heightened in sobriety. Cold chill seeing them; I thought I had purged everything out of the house. Oddly I was dreaming of Riesen chocolate covered caramels and red licorice (nibs) and Allsorts and other various candy instead of drink dreams when I was waking up this morning. Made me chuckle to myself having a candy dream instead of a relapse dream. Had yogourt, granola and a pear for breakfast... skipped the candy
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh please, keep me and my friends sober today. Thank you... :victorious:

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] - Congrats on your sober ~ freedom milestone. Hope your Mocha was good. Need to try alternating with decaf. Thanks for the reminder. Hearing about your successes is so uplifting!... Thank you!... Think most of us become more patient in our actions/behavior and words. By the time I made it to [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] - post had a tear in my eye. We really are some very caring people. Maybe, cause we've known suffering. Even if some of it was/is self inflicted. We generally our deeply caring people. Wonderful quote. Made me stop and think. Met two lovely people at store yest. :love: One lady and I hugged ea other.

Missing you both!.. [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]. Hope everything is okay? Come out, come out where ever you are. Hope you gentlemen are just taking a wee break.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - Enjoy your Cali trip. :smile: [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - yes~yes sobriety brings more freedom......Have been re-reading old journal. Life is better this way. Somedays poisonous/ethanol tries to convince me its not. Need to be honest with self and others. What it really does to us. No control over our volume. Makes life miserable.

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Have found empties and partially full over the yrs. Sometimes I'd hide them, hoping this would make me stop. Even in a stupor, I'd know at times how bad it was for me. Brings a cold chill down my spine to. The smell to us can be sombering. Think choc-candy dreams is much nicer. Nice breaky... As I type with four dove dark chohies. I bought extra yest... I need them. Really... Lol. I'm not giving them up. I do share tho. :smile:
                      Last edited by Wildflowers; September 22, 2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

24hrs for me, please God :heartbeat:
                        Enjoy your 24hours everyone x
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Checked in. Good luck to everyone over the next 24. Hoping to hear from some of the new members of the board chime in on their experiences soon

My mother once told me the word luck comes from lucifer, but I've since debunked that.

Comment

I concur with your debunking! Luck has nothing to do with lucifer
                            "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                            “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

"If you want knowledge, you must take part in the practice of changing reality. If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself." -Mao Tse-tung
                              ""I will not fear change; I will trust that it brings the knowledge I need.""

I've really enjoyed this "job" of finding daily quotes.. You're right, AB, it can take time to find one that feels right. I've been able to reflect a lot on where I am, what I'm doing and how I'm acting in this moment and where I'm headed. Looking forward to next time!:happy2:

Marylou! I forgot to congratulate you yesterday on your milestone of 3 years and 8 months.. Congratulations and thank you for being here. I appreciate your support very much.

Wishing you all a nice weekend and here's to 24 hours more of sobriety!

Comment

Thank you for your excellent work this week, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Each one brought a new area of reflection. I didn't always share my thoughts or responses here due to time. But I carried the thoughts with me into my day and did think about them.

I like today's quote. So many people fear change and therefore fight change. But it is futile to fight it. Best to embrace it and shape it. I have a friend who refused to learn anything to do with computers. Thought she could get away with that! LOL! Now she just forever lags behind. Her choice.

Happy to see you [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION]! Hope you stick around!

Let's all have 24 more.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X