• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:31 in L.A another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] abcowboy

Empy, we share the same tastes in candy! But I also enjoy those old-fashion licorice cigars!
      Great to see you stop by idef!! I agree with dill, it would be great to see you more often!
      Good to see you made it safely to California Pauly!

And thank you LC for a week of great quotes! Change, letting go of the daily quote was a big change for me, but it was definitely a good change, for all of us I think!
      Last edited by abcowboy; September 23, 2017, 07:41 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love this threaday, makes me want to check in every day.
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] lover your quotes, thank you

24hours please God @ thankyou x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hello Friends,
          Checking in for 24 more. I concur with others - great, thought-provoking quotes LC.
          So much more I'd like to say, but I'm pooped so time to turn in. Have a wonderful day/night.
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

It's a cool, misty and drizzly morning here.. epitome of Autumn, someone is heating the old fashioned way, with a coal oven, and the crows are cawing. I love this season.. I'm off today with my best girlfriends for a 2 day kayaking trip, which I'm very much looking forward to.. also hoping my shoulder will play nice!
            Maybe AB will be around with some brekkie before I head off!!:happy2:

Dill, I loved what you said about the futility of trying to avoid change.. learning to accept AND shape it is key.. now I have a good visual of using my intuition, knowledge, power, to gently shape... something.... Let's see what comes!

Here's to 24 more AF hours for all of us. Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.
            xx

Comment

Heading home in a couple of hours,4:56 am in LA another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Check-in, missed a few days, have to read back. Off today to visit my mom in Florida for her birthday, she turns 89.
                24 more for me and the rest of us here, please.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Don't ya just love not having a hangover on Sunday morning?? Being sober never gets boring!

Have a safe trip Mr V!
                  Have a safe trip home Pauly!
                  And lets all have a relaxing day, except me of course, have to work again today, ugh....
                  Last edited by abcowboy; September 24, 2017, 07:34 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I probably missed you LC, but this will be waiting for you when you get back in from paddling up a storm!

And yep, I made enough for everyone!

Comment

Instead of wasting my energy on hate and resentment, I'd rather invest my energy in love and contentment. Karen Salmansohn

6:30 a.m. in Sunny San Diego. A gorgeous day today and I don't want to waste a moment holding onto resentments.
                      24 for us all please!

Comment

Love the quote, [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION]! Good reminder. Why waste our energy on negativity?! Such a gorgeous day here. I'll have 24 please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hope you got a good breakfast before you are off to work cowboy!

We went for a walk at Mission Bay today.

Comment

Beautiful!

Okay, I say we all start putting our $$ saved by not buying alcohol in a jar and save up for a group field trip to visit [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] and Mission Bay!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sounds like a plan!

Comment

That does sound like a good plan @drill, it amazing how much you can save 😊 by not drinking, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] that breakfast look yummy... wishing your mum a happy birthday @Mr vermill, Enjoy the day with your mum. [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] love the quote.
                                It 01.29am in the morning checking in for 24hours.
                                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                                X