• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

4:49 in Vegas another 24 please thinking of you WF
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more for me, please. Thank you.

Thinking of you, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION].:hug:
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] @ abcowboy

Your quote yesterday rang true SSD, feelings/emotions come and go. It's how we react to them that matters...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers still with you [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]....

Got an extra few minutes today, my truck goes in for a service, tire rotation, the brake system warning light is coming on, the service advance trac light is coming on, and the check engine light is coming on! I'm so hard on my trucks, it's a 2012 and I've put 260,000K on it, roughly 160,000 miles. And those miles are hard miles, usually always loaded down heavy or pulling a trailer so it doesn't owe me anything. But I would like to get another year out of her lol.

It's kind of like our bodies when we were drinking, lots of hard miles put on them and figured they would last forever lol.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Forgot to thank you for the delicious waffle sandwich, AB.. had it for dinner last night! ha.. haven't seen anything like it in years. Would you find something like that in a diner in Canada?

Comment

I cannot say whether things will get better if we change;
              what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.*
              -Georg C. Lichtenberg

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband Wildflower.

Comment

83f here in Jersey @ 4:05 on a Tuesday afternoon. Been catching up here at work after having last week off to move to the new apartment. Was supposed to have my internet connection (as well as phone and TV) up last Sunday (17th??) but Verizon cut the lines and.... well ..... Anywho. Another 24 hours as a non-drinker. Still rolling, day 239.

Sorry to hear about your husband [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]. My thoughts are with the both of you and your family.

The data center here is a small, squat stone building that reminds me of a bunker except that it's not windowless. So just got to referring to it as the bunker. (Not much of a bunker though. Snow almost collapsed the roof a couple winters ago.)
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

24 more. Break from the insane heat followed this evening. Its been heat and a drought for weeks now.
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], hope you get a pass on your truck.
                    Another 24hours for me please, thank you x
                    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Loved that quote, [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION]! So true that we must make the effort to change in order to find out.... I think as a group here we have learned that becoming sober does make things better. Maybe it doesn't make all things better, but it makes us better at coping with the things we cannot change. The difficult things in our lives. And IMHO, being sober makes the good things in our lives so much better!

24 more please for all who seek it!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:01 in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 fort me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] abcowboy

Yep LC, the small café in our town has it on their menu!
                          Great to see you back Orimus! Ah, the excitement and problems that come with moving lol
                          Keep them coming SSD, you're hitting all the right things I need to hear!

Comment

If we can’t feel into the heart of grief, we can’t truly move on to experience hope and joy. We can’t be present to what is now, and what is next, because we are bound by the loss and sorrow that holds us to the past. Grief has to flow.
                            It has to be carried, not just by you, but by the others with you, by your community, until it transforms to the next rightful calling of your heart to action. By Sharon Well.

I have a sister that I love dearly and have no real contact with as she is stuck in drugs and alcohol. After her second dui last year and too many violations of her alcohol testing she had to spend 3 weeks in a correctional facility. My brother and I went out to be there when she got out and she still resents me for that. I worry about her so much but she does not want out. The most contact we have is the occasional text. Sometimes they are mean and hateful. I love her dearly but also have some anger at her. We used to be so close. I am still trying to work through this. I have to remind myself to let the sadness flow and to not try to push it down or drown it out with al. I know that many here are working through similar painful emotions.
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - you are so right! Being sober does make the good things so much better. When we give in to al we not only numb the bad emotions but the good as well! It does take some time for you brain to get back to normal. Fortunately it has such an amazing resiliency!

24 for us all please.

Comment

9:40 on a peaceful hump day morning and the sun is shining through the clouds. Might be as much as another week or so until services are up at the new place so notes from the bunker. Cost me another delivery charge since news was late that I wasn't going to be working from home today. C'est la vie. Another 24 please.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

24hrs for me please, thank you x
                                Love to you all :heartbeat:
                                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                                X