~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Evening fellow patrons - quick check in for 24 more please. I'll read back tomorrow. Congrats on 8 months Orimus!
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

It's 6:21 here and I'm looking forward to 24 more AF hours for all of us.
      Wishing you all a peaceful Thursday.. Congrats on 8 months, Orimus!

Comment

4:47 am another 24 please huge congrats on 8 months Ori!!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path. :love:
          Brené Brown
          24 please.

Congrats Orimus! 8 months is spectacular:thumbsup:
          Last edited by ssd858; September 28, 2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Congrats Ory!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I worry about her so much but she does not want out. The most contact we have is the occasional text. Sometimes they are mean and hateful. I love her dearly but also have some anger at her. We used to be so close. I am still trying to work through this. I have to remind myself to let the sadness flow and to not try to push it down or drown it out with al. I know that many here are working through similar painful emotions.
              :hug: [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], I read these words with such sadness. I have been in a similar circumstance. I understand the grief-with-no-closure you are dealing with. All I can say is that you really have to channel your feelings of love. Of course your hurt turns to anger, but you need to keep on working at letting it go. It doesn't help. Not you, not your sister. You can't help but feel it, but keep on working at letting it go. I know you know this. Do what you can to find ways to sit with her in love. Just continue to reach out. I don't really know that there is anything you can do beyond that. Just hope she can feel your love. Have you tried any support groups like al anon?

24 more please, and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

8:48 here in NYC and the sun is just peeking out from the clouds and we're hitting 72 f. Another 24 please!

Thanks everyone!

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - did enjoy her TED talk. Thanks.
                Last edited by Orimus; September 28, 2017, 07:51 AM.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Congratulations [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] well done
                  24 for me please
                  Love to you All x
                  Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                  sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                  my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Running off to work.. but before I do, 24 hours more here, please, for me and my friends..
                    Looking forward to a big Saturday morning breakfast, AB!

Comment

Congrats to you, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! Awesome!

Thinking of you, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION].:hug:

Thanks for another great quote yesterday, [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION].

Signing on for another 24!
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning Lovlies - checking in with early birds LC and dill. We got the coffee brewing - Cowboy's bringing the eggs I hear. Have a wonderful 24 everyone.
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm back. Will read back soon.
                            Quick check-in, 24 more for me and my friends.

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you back safe and sound Mr V! How was the visit?

As ordered... dig in everyone and have a fantastic Friday!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast looks YUMBO, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Coffee was excellent, [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]! Mine tasted like it had a hint of chicory in it....Mmmmm.

Digging in!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X