~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did Iet go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will be many fruits, here in this work and the life to come. Henri Nouwen.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - thank you for your support and understanding. It is mostly love that I feel. Yesterday she posted a photo of me on fb simply my beautiful sister. So strange when you put energy out into the universe how it comes back:love:

24 for me please. Been having a hard time getting back on the right track

I'll take some eggs please!
    Last edited by ssd858; September 29, 2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

9:57 here in the bunker and it's a sun shiny Friday, 58 f. Another 24 please!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

You know [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], I think sometimes we worry so much about staying on track that we tend to forget how straight the track really is.... and I’ve been appreciating all your daily quotes, thanks!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 hours for me please, thank you. Everyone enjoy your 24hrs
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Its weird to say. I miss Wildflowers. Check in.

I bought a portion of beef and partially froze it so that I can cut it on a slicer into stirfry and marinade prior to perma freeze. I fix equipment that cuts this stuff.

A little down until I can sort out what is going on, but all is somewhat okay.
            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't know where to actually post this.

As my brain starts to come back to AKA normal over decades of abuse. Its quite quickly that actually occurs over a year.

I use a variety of medical aka solutions. I had in the past 145 IQ for my age. The problem I am having now is that people cannot precipitate my intention. I move and the other should instinctually understand what is needed. So the items I put on the table make complete sense to me. To cut, clean, wash and everything is done sanitary.

I have used medicine to shunt the anxiety of me not telling you to go to hell because you did not see what I see. Move the plate. I am holding a raw piece of beef, do not run the other way. I have put sliders and means to clean my hands so that I can do this. Just turn on the freaking faucet so that I can clean my hands. I find myself so totally frustrated with idiocy. Maybe I am the idiot for trusting that person.

Edit: If you do not let me clean my hands. I lose my mind. Do you want beef smag all over you? Interestingly that points at impatience because you are too slow. It is something I cannot do because my hands are covered.

Maybe shunting my anxiety drugs was the wrong idea. But this most directly describes my frustrations.
              Last edited by empyr3al; September 29, 2017, 09:47 PM.
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

9:15 on this lovely morning and I'm procrastinating going to Ikea.. I hate it there (always get a headache) but it is good for some things..
                I'm super happy to have my head clear at the moment.. and am looking forward to the next 24 AF hours. They are adding up, slowly but surely!

Comment

Booking in for 24. Local gym reopening Monday and would prob be a good time to book in after a lazy winter

Comment

4:52 am another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], it is not weird to say that you miss [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]. I miss her too! She adds a lot of zing to the café. I was missing [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], too. So happy to see you, Neo! People come and go here and it is natural to form attachments. I miss folks when they disappear.

I think I understand the frustration you were describing empyr. We all experience such frustrations at one time or another at varying degrees of intensity. As to the raw meat situation, I always keep a paper towel handy to grab to turn on the faucet. Other people aren't always as intuitive as we need them to be. To be honest, I think I may be one of those relatively clueless people myself! That may be a shortcoming of mine. :eek-new:

24 would be really great. My granddaughter will be here for an over night and I want to be present for every moment!
                      Last edited by dill; September 30, 2017, 08:53 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] @ [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] @ abcowboy

Running late this morning as I snuck in an extra 1/2 hour of sleep, be back later once I push the auto-steer on the combine...
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Gratitude, like faith, is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it grows, and the more power you have to use it on your behalf. If you do not practice gratefulness, its benefaction will go unnoticed, and your capacity to draw on its gifts will be diminished. To be grateful is to find blessings in everything. This is the most powerful attitude to adopt, for there are blessings in everything.” Alan Cohen

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] - I am with you on Ikea. We used Ikea cabinets for our barbecue area and had to go there 3 times. There used to be a short cut where you could skip half of the store, but they removed it. It is like going to Disneyland the sea of people. The cabinets were a great deal though!

24 please.
                          Have a great Saturday to all.

Thinking of you Wildflowers.

Comment

Okay, this is bound to come up eventually. Canada and Marijuana. I have polarized ideals about this where as if I can smell it, its wrong. For me it triggers insane anxiety due to some prior history. I am not a weed smoker and never will be. The flamboyant use of it here in Canada in public parks (in this case next to my house) causes me grief. I cannot fix my truck because you are invading on my private property with scents and smoke. Smoke at home or use a vapor if you need it that badly or eat a freaking cookie or brownie. My mental health is at stake. I live in a relatively boring area of Canada locally and I am not so cool to accept marijuana as a publicly acceptable practice.

Comment

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] love reading your quotes they mean a lot x
                              Can't believe where in October month already time does go fast!
                              24hrs for me ,enjoy your 24yrs everyone
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Meant to say 24hrs not 24 years 😊😊 talk about keep in the moment
                                Last edited by catch22; September 30, 2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X